The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Maybe in other catalog system? Who know, how crazy stuff we can find in the dark grim of real stars, still undiscovered in elite.

Actually I think this was a procedural body. The special thing about the KOI stars (Kepler Objects of Interest) is that they all have transiting bodies, so something is passing directly between the star and the observer on earth. Many of them have a single Gas Giant as a companion, but quite often I have found a full system with many panets, and a single gas giant close to the star on a completely different orbital plane, the gas giant is the transiting body, the other planets are I suspect generated using the mass assigned to the system that exceeds that mass that's required or possible for Gas Giant and orbits in the orbital plane of the star.

So they form the Transiting body according to the criteria they have, the rest become other planets, but the gas giant or body assigned as the transiting body (it may I suppose be a brown dwarf star) must orbit on the plane of view between our solar system and the primary star.

The reason I suggest procedural is I don't actually think if it was hand crafted we would be able to land there, the idea, and I say this as the discoverer, is entirely silly and impractical and if FDEV created it on purpose they would have locked it out from landing. The thing with procedural is even FDEV don't know what's there until it is visited and the seed processed, so I expect this is a surprise to them as well!

Last edited:
This should not be possible. My recollection is that FDev said back about launch time that the sim was capable of generating planets of up to 20 Gs.

Go home Stellar Forge, you're drunk!

Name:Planet Pancake
Game map search ref:Hypiae Aurb AA-A g588
Description:Commanders should exercise extreme caution when attempting to land Hypiae Aurb AA-A g588 A 1 as it has the highest gravity of any procedural landable body as of January 3307 and held the record for the highest gravity of any landable for 9 months. At 11.6 Gs, your thrusters will be no use as you try to escape the pull of this world. But for commanders brave enough to make the landing, they'll have bioluminescent anemone, a purple sky, and a great view of the galaxy below them to look forward to.
Screenshot reference:Photos courtesy of @SpaceTrash67

6KZJGIw.png

lQGgkIn.png

I've updated the description of this POI to account for recent discoveries. :)

Hi. I recently visited HR 5906's Stranded Snake in ED: Odyssee and it turns out that the coordinates are different to those given in the Galactic Mapping Project Entry. The coordinates I found it at are 50.74 / 136.44 as can be seen on my screenshot below. The site was also marked as an Unregistered Relict in my Navigation after I fully scanned the planet.
20210911100031_1.jpg

Hi. I recently visited HR 5906's Stranded Snake in ED: Odyssee and it turns out that the coordinates are different to those given in the Galactic Mapping Project Entry. The coordinates I found it at are 50.74 / 136.44 as can be seen on my screenshot below. The site was also marked as an Unregistered Relict in my Navigation after I fully scanned the planet.

Thanks, I've updated the coordinates. Unfortunately a lot of POIs have changed locations with Odyssey, so we'll probably run into a lot of these.

I have a triple 'Notable Stellar Phenomena' just discovered (by cmdr RUIFO):

Name:Bleak's Power Trio
Game map search ref:Ploea Brou IX-U b16-9
Description:In the far away region called "The Bleak Lands", 3 Notable Stellar Phenomena on Planet # 2 ring system were discovered, system: Ploea Brou IX-U b16-9. Once there, you can find: signals for Prasinum Ice Crystals + Flavum Ice Crystals + Roseum Squid Mollusc. It is nearby to several other systems with other Notable Stellar Phenomena.

Distance from Sol: 50,857 LY; from Colonia: 34,409 LY; from Sagittarius A: 25,316 LY; from Beagle Point: 16,386 LY.
Screenshot reference:
ed-nsp-1.jpg

ed-nsp-2.jpg

Last edited:
Name:Luna Moth
Game map search ref:Oob Free ZJ-A e4 C 1
Description:Luna Moth is a North American species. Big, lime-green and beautiful moth. It immediately came to my mind when I saw this planet during an exploration expedition based on a carrier named Obscure Sphinx (another American moth!). The only planet in a system containing a Herbig Ae/Be as a main star and two T Tauri stars. The planet's atmosphere composition together with the light of distant stars (the planet is located 13 AU from the closest one) seems to be pretty unique in the Galaxy, I don't know any other body similar to this one.

Distance from Sol: 25,911 LY; from Colonia: 26,708 LY; from Sagittarius A: 18,306 LY; from Beagle Point: 49,348 LY.
Screenshot reference:
MPBqiYF.png

ZVuKIRj.png

unknown.png

(first two photos are mine, the last one by Cmdr Methan Disery)

Last edited:
Name:Aegean Blue Heights
Game map search ref:HYPUA FLYOAE CQ-O D6-77
Description:Whilst the whole sub-sector is full of Helium-rich Gas Giants, this particular system is home to 6 in total, and 4 of them are blue-coloured ones, found during the Wild Wild West Expedition (Aug '21-Jan '22). This submission pays homage to Planet 7 that is a deep-blue Helium-rich Gas Giant, similar to the colour of the Aegean Sea in summer. What is a rare sight is the moon of planet 7 that orbits right at the edge of the ring and contains many high peaks on its surface, some of which exceed 10km in height. The moon, itself, represents the Cycladic islands that are, for the more, bare rock and few vegetation, giving that striking visual contrast. If heights don't do it for you, the canyons are amazingly deep and their surface flat which means great for SRV racing / drifting, and also have many geological sites to visit. The mountain-top views are spectacular as you have the whole planet in your sight, as well as the backdrop of the rich Hypau Flyoae region.
Screenshot reference:
E-9pJmnWEAArMCM.png

E-9rsgHXEDMLvpQ.jpg
E-9oSAFXoAUs04i.jpg

1631832244365.png

Name:Aegean Blue Heights
Game map search ref:HYPUA FLYOAE CQ-O D6-77
Description:Whilst the whole sub-sector is full of Helium-rich Gas Giants, this particular system is home to 6 in total, and 4 of them are blue-coloured ones, found during the Wild Wild West Expedition (Aug '21-Jan '22). This submission pays homage to Planet 7 that is a deep-blue Helium-rich Gas Giant, similar to the colour of the Aegean Sea in summer. What is a rare sight is the moon of planet 7 that orbits right at the edge of the ring and contains many high peaks on its surface, some of which exceed 10km in height. The moon, itself, represents the Cycladic islands that are, for the more, bare rock and few vegetation, giving that striking visual contrast. If heights don't do it for you, the canyons are amazingly deep and their surface flat which means great for SRV racing / drifting, and also have many geological sites to visit. The mountain-top views are spectacular as you have the whole planet in your sight, as well as the backdrop of the rich Hypau Flyoae region.
Screenshot reference:
View attachment 262822
View attachment 262824View attachment 262826
View attachment 262821

That's a nice planet, only a few hundred klms radius I am guessing by the looks if it. They are nice little planets in Odyssey these days, much better than the same body in Horizons.

That's a nice planet, only a few hundred klms radius I am guessing by the looks if it. They are nice little planets in Odyssey these days, much better than the same body in Horizons.
Thanks !
Actually, this was taken in Horizons on PS4 :) The moon itself has a radius of 717km so not that far off !

Thanks !
Actually, this was taken in Horizons on PS4 :) The moon itself has a radius of 717km so not that far off !

Ah that's in the range for interesting moons for Horizons, but even for Horizons that's an interesting moon. The really small ones in Horizons tend to get a bit bland and boring but between 500-1000klms radius you can find good ones.

Name:Aselou
Game map search ref:PYROIFEIA KE-E D13-35
Description:A G-Type Star System with a Class III Gas Giant that has 5 notable moons. These moons that orbit the Gas Giant are 2 Terraformable Water Worlds, 1 Ringed Earth Like World, 1 Earth Like World, & a Ringed Gas Giant with Water Based Life.
Also, each one of these moons has a gravity above 1G which is unusually high for gas giant moons.
The odds of a gas giant having moons like these are incredibly low and a system like this would serve as a great tourist destination.
Screenshot reference:
83FD91B1-16FC-4AD1-BD7F-0791667A08CC.png

Name:Tidal Egg
Game map search ref:Lyaisaa AA-A H609 A 7 a
Description:Discovered by Cmdr Tasmainia300, this massive Herbig Ae/Be system contains 2 black holes and another 11 T-Tauri protostars in various orbits; as well as 18 other planets and their moons.The majority of planets in this system have relatively quick orbital periods and as thus, repeat visitors will notice that this system always seems in flux.

Of all the interesting orbital phenomena at play in this young stellar system, nothing stands out more than the two moons A 7 a, and A 10 a. Both of these bodies orbit staggeringly close to their class III gas giant parents - within 0.5Ls. Additionally, their rotational and orbital periods are so swift that they are more appropriately measured in hours than in days.

The strong rotational forces have stretched both of these fast-spinning moons along their equators, so much that they almost resemble the shape of eggs rather than planets.

I have dubbed both of these moons the 'Tidal Eggs', though the name fits doubly well for 7a. Moon 10a is just a rocky moon. But 7a stands out once again because it is a terraformable water world, and not just any terraformable water world.

I believe this moon to be the fastest spinning water world in the known galaxy.

The previous record holder, Eor Bro AA-A H505 AB 7, has a rotational period of 0.15644593419 Days, or 3.75 Hours.

The Tidal Egg makes a full rotation in just 0.124829452037037 Days, that's 2.99 Hours.

With a slightly less impressive orbital period of 5.7 Hours, the Egg and its gas giant parent dance around each other several times per Earth-day, offering consistently fantastic views.

Finally, this system is located only a few thousand LY west of the well-traveled route between Sag A* and Beagle Point, making this an easy detour for wayward explorers and tourists north of the core.
Screenshot reference:Edit: wouldn't let me upload images directly, and wouldn't tell me why. So I've had to use Imgur.
And no, that stretching isn't due to the camera suite..

Below I've attached a 640x360 resized thumbnail for use if this submission is accepted. o7

Attachments

• TidalEggThumbnail.png
    TidalEggThumbnail.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Name:Aselou
Game map search ref:PYROIFEIA KE-E D13-35
Description:A G-Type Star System with a Class III Gas Giant that has 5 notable moons. These moons that orbit the Gas Giant are 2 Terraformable Water Worlds, 1 Ringed Earth Like World, 1 Earth Like World, & a Ringed Gas Giant with Water Based Life.
Also, each one of these moons has a gravity above 1G which is unusually high for gas giant moons.
The odds of a gas giant having moons like these are incredibly low and a system like this would serve as a great tourist destination.
Screenshot reference:
View attachment 263756

This is an amazing system. Please upload it to EDSM so it can be considered for POI status.

Name:Jet Cone View (new name coming when the new tourist beacons are added)
Game map search ref:Dryoea Flyi IM-W f1-3475
Description:This Earth Like World lies only 1500ls from a tinary Black Hole, White Dwarf and K class star giving rise to views of the jetcones from the white dwarf whilst in orbit around the Earth Like World. Upon entry to the system CMDRs will be met by the stunning dance of these three stars locked in a close orbit whilst also enjoying the interesting gravitational lensing caused by the Black Hole. It is unknown how such a world could exist so close to this stellar configaration given radiation emitted from the Black Hole and White Dwarf would usually sterilise a planet, giving rise to both a unique site for tourists to visit and an opportunity for scientific research and colonisation.

This system will also contain a tourist beacon in the near future (name TBC)
Screenshot reference:
20210901002858_1.jpg

20210901003026_1.jpg
20210901002547_1w.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom