Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Hello Games knocking it for six again:

(…and it’s only Part 1 😁)

Just imagine how big this game would be in data size if it did not use data compression tech from Sony.
The hole game is only 16GB on PS5
And now it wants a 17GB download. lol

Just imagine how big this game would be in data size if it did not use data compression tech from Sony.
The hole game is only 16GB on PS5
And now it wants a 17GB download. lol
Smaller on PC, as you said, thanks to Sony!

NMS1.jpg

"Sean takes a deep dive into Worlds Part I, the latest (free) update for No Man's Sky, which offers a complete refresh of the universe, a massive increase in the variety of flora and fauna, huge visual enhancements and much much more."

We're still waiting for Earth-like worlds in ED.

Last edited:
"Sean takes a deep dive into Worlds Part I, the latest (free) update for No Man's Sky, which offers a complete refresh of the universe, a massive increase in the variety of flora and fauna, huge visual enhancements and much much more."

We're still waiting for Earth-like worlds in ED.

This looks like an epic update. Can't wait to give it a spin. I'm not sure that I can bring myself to start anew, but I suspect that much of today will be spent reacquainting myself with my fleet.

It's a good job that Mrs PiLhEaD is out with friends today.... win-win!!!

I do find ED's lack up planetary updates quite staggering tbh. The whole Thagoid event and now PP2 update both leave me cold. New ships and new and updated biomes are the backbone of an enjoyable space game for me, with even Starfield manging better planetary tech.

The other aspect is that HG are showing that DLC (if you can call this such) doesn't need to be monetize. Such large and impressive updates will naturally bring in new players. All in all HG are really knocking the ball out of the park, and I can't wait for Light No Fire to arrive.

Last edited:
Ooh, I might finally have to revisit NMS. But what should I do: Load legacy save? Start over fresh? Use other game start option?

You can start expeditions by using stuff from your main save - it is a thing introduced into the Anomaly called the Explorations Terminal - similarly you can use that to transfer stuff you gleaned during the expedition back into your main save.

I find it a great addition, much better than doing a "fresh start" on every expedition as I used to.

You can start expeditions by using stuff from your main save - it is a thing introduced into the Anomaly called the Explorations Terminal - similarly you can use that to transfer stuff you gleaned during the expedition back into your main save.

I find it a great addition, much better than doing a "fresh start" on every expedition as I used to.
Can I do previous expeditions?

Well, I'm impressed!

I dropped back into quite an old save and the new graphics look fabulous. There are some anomalies - some bases need a bit of re-editing as some parts weren't quite working - but overall I'm very impressed and quite enjoying being back in the game, bumbling around and just having a chilled-time. I've also noticed that there is new flora and fauna to discover even on planets that you've (fairly thoroughly) scanned before.

The water effects and clouds all work really nicely - sure there are still glitches, but meh - it's a game, so...

Thus far (early days) it's looking good, I just need to reacquaint myself with all the various controls and in-game mechanisms!

E. ...there can be quite a lot that needs reworking on old bases. The base structures can be broadly fine, however almost all of my 'automatic doors' now need reworking...

Last edited:
Well, I'm impressed!

I dropped back into quite an old save and the new graphics look fabulous. There are some anomalies - some bases need a bit of re-editing as some parts weren't quite working - but overall I'm very impressed and quite enjoying being back in the game, bumbling around and just having a chilled-time. I've also noticed that there is new flora and fauna to discover even on planets that you've (fairly thoroughly) scanned before.

The water effects and clouds all work really nicely - sure there are still glitches, but meh - it's a game, so...

Thus far (early days) it's looking good, I just need to reacquaint myself with all the various controls and in-game mechanisms!

E. ...there can be quite a lot that needs reworking on old bases. The base structures can be broadly fine, however almost all of my 'automatic doors' now need reworking...
The scanning planets flora and fauna is a big or glitch , I've a base in nearly all the galaxies and generally scan around the base and cash it in but even in my settlement which I've been running still shows that plants and minerals and animals as not being scanned ?? Even though they were scanned last week and before that . It's like it forgets so you can make more money scanning the same place more than once??

Back
Top Bottom