Lately I’ve been seeing (and contributing 😅) a lot of speculation, which makes me think we don’t spend enough time appreciating what we have now. So, I present the PZ awards!

Basically I’ll show a variety of awards that relate to categories in game (behaviours, design, diet) I’ll give all the nominees and you all can leave your vote for that award. For the categories that ask for “the best” you can base your answer on anything, personal preference, design, whatever. I’ll count up the commented votes for each category after a few days and reveal the winner for each award!

I’ll be posting these categories 3 at a time, first 3 are in a comment below 👇. Feel free to give a reason why you chose what you chose.

Here are the first 3 categories!
——————————————-
Best Rodent
Nominees include African Crested Porcupine, Capybara, Black Tailed Prairie Dog and North American Beaver.

Best Marsupial
Nominees include Red Necked Wallaby, Red Kangaroo, Koala and Common Wombat.

Best Bovid
Nominees include Nile Lechwe, Wild Water Buffalo, Addax, Dama Gazelle, American Bison, Blue Wildebeest, African Buffalo and Scimitar Horned Oryx.

Best Rodent - really tough. Crested Porcupine. While I absolutely love both the Crested Porcupine and Capybara as animals themselves, the design detail on the Porcupine gives it an edge. Look at those quills. Just look at them! How can they not win?

Best Marsupial - Koala. Hello, look at my avatar..I love koalas.

Best Bovid - American Bison. IMO the best North American base game animal. They're just so majestic.

Best Rodent: African Crested Porcupine (their model is amazing)

Best Marsupial: Red Kangaroo (one of my favourites animals in the world and very good model. Remember that at that time, we were worried about if kangaroos could be added to the game because it would be difficult to animate the bouncing while having a decent traversable area)

Best Bovid: Blue Wildebeest (I didn't think we would get it, so it was a nice surprise)

Best Rodent: African Crested Porcupine, too obvious! this animal should get all the awards they are just TS in PZ for me! just the best animal in game. and also rodents I think it's my fav group of animals in PZ I just love every rodent we have in the game SO much

Best Marsupial: Red Necked Wallaby, I would say koala but their model isn't the best but I still really love them! but the Wallaby are just AMAZING! but I love every Marsupial in the game so they all deserve an award!

Best Bovid: Blue Wildebeest, just look at their model and details it's just insane how much frontier improved!!! but again I think most of the bovid in the game are amazing

Best rodent’s gotta be the porcupine. Everything about it is stunning. The developers did a really good job with this one.

Best marsupial is definitely the red kangaroo. Awesome model and animations.

Best bovid I’m gonna have to say American Bison. Probably because it’s the only one I’ve seen in person outside of zoos. Technically they were in a farmers pen outside the highway so not exactly wild but still very majestic animals nonetheless.

Best Rodent: African Crested Porcupine
I don't really need to justify because everyone will agree on its ludicrous detail level, so I'll just say it's a pity because all the other rodents are pretty good too.

Best Marsupial: Red Kangaroo
More iconic than the red-necked wallaby, and its behaviour mechanics are better portrayed than the wombat and the koala.

Best Bovid: Dama Gazelle
Lots of good nominees but I choose the dama gazelle because it's one of the most beautiful bovids in real life and one of the best animal models in the game.

Last edited:
Best Rodent: African Crested Porcupine
Mostly for the amount of work involved in bringing it to life in Planet Zoo but its beautiful.

Best Marsupial: Koala
Its adorable!

Best Bovid: Nile Lechwe
I think its unique, elegant and fluffy looking.

Rodent: Has to be the porcupine. I really like them all, but this guy is so well made that it has to be on top

Marsupial: Wallaby due to them being the most versatile and they also have the best model. Kangaroo and wombat are also really nice. Not that big a fan of the koala because of their stylised design and wonky climbing

Bovids: Scimitar horned oryx because they are beautiful animals and super well made. Wildebeest being a close seconf

I like this
How often will you nominate new categories? When you do let us know
Rodent: North American Beaver. I think they turned out great, props to capybara but the porcupine seems a bit glitchy when it moves with its quills IMOP
Marsupial: Red Necked Wallaby. I was worried that they would turn out to be a squished down version of the kangaroo but they seem so much better and appropriate to their size.
Bovid: tie between Asian Wild Water buffalo or blue wilder beast. I really wanted the guar and we got the AWWB and I loved putting them in my zoos for the wetlands dlc. Their size they’re swimming I find great. Now I don’t exactly use BW and didn’t like that they were picked over many other potential grassland animals, their model and color design is really nice.

How often will you nominate new categories? When you do let us know
I'll probably switch the categories every 4-5 days so this set of awards will end Tuesday or Wednesday. I wanna give enough time for others to see the thread and vote, on the other hand if I wait too long people might get bored with it. In the future when I give the next categories I'll put the date when the voting period ends next to it. Glad you like the concept!

Behold my extremely well thought out, reasonable, objective, dare I say scientific explanations as to why I picked the animals

Capybara - they just have a good vibe
Wombat - they look the cutest
American Bison - they’re my second favorite animal irl

Here are the first 3 categories!
——————————————-
Best Rodent
Nominees include African Crested Porcupine, Capybara, Black Tailed Prairie Dog and North American Beaver.

Best Marsupial
Nominees include Red Necked Wallaby, Red Kangaroo, Koala and Common Wombat.

Best Bovid
Nominees include Nile Lechwe, Wild Water Buffalo, Addax, Dama Gazelle, American Bison, Blue Wildebeest, African Buffalo and Scimitar Horned Oryx.
Crested Porcupine
Red-Necked Wallaby
Blue Wildebeest

Top Bottom