Suggestion: We should do building contests here! I’ve never done one before and would be very eager to try.
Maybe we would have to incorporate the winning animals in a plaza or something, Maybe it could be entirely different!

After all this is only a suggestion

Suggestion: We should do building contests here! I’ve never done one before and would be very eager to try.
Maybe we would have to incorporate the winning animals in a plaza or something, Maybe it could be entirely different!

After all this is only a suggestion
Interesting idea, my original plan for this series was to have 4 distinct categories of awards, them being Best animals of their groups (the topic were on now), best of biomes, best of each dlc and best of continents.

Your idea has me thinking though, if we could narrow these 4 categories eventually down to 4 animals, then we could have an building contest where you would have to build a habitat for one of those 4. Would that be a good idea for the future?

Interesting idea, my original plan for this series was to have 4 distinct categories of awards, them being Best animals of their groups (the topic were on now), best of biomes, best of each dlc and best of continents.

Your idea has me thinking though, if we could narrow these 4 categories eventually down to 4 animals, then we could have an building contest where you would have to build a habitat for one of those 4. Would that be a good idea for the future?
I think so! It would be like the best of the best of Planet Zoo!

Best Rodent
African Crested Porcupine, with Capybara a close second

Best Marsupial
Red Necked Wallaby, with Common Wombat a close second

Best Bovid
This was the toughest one! American Bison, Blue Wildebeest, Scimitar Horned Oryx.... I'll go with the Oryx

And here are the results!
Best Rodent:
🥇African Crested Porcupine (11 Votes)
🥈Capybara (3 Votes)
🥉North American Beaver (1 Vote)
Black Tailed Prairie Dog (0 Votes)

Best Marsupial:
🥇Red Necked Wallaby (7 Votes)
🥈Red Kangaroo (3 Votes)
🥈Koala (3 Votes)
🥉Common Wombat (2 Votes)

Best Bovid: (Top 4)
🥇Blue Wildebeest (4 Votes)

🥈American Bison (3 Votes)
🥈Dama Gazelle (3 Votes)
🥈Scimitar Horned Oryx (3 Votes)

And the next 3 categories!
Best Bear:
Nominees include Grizzly Bear, Formosan Black Bear, Sun Bear, Polar Bear, Himalayan Brown Bear and Giant Panda.

Best Bird:
Nominees Include Emu, Red Crowned Crane, King Penguin, African Penguin, Southern Cassowary, Common Ostrich, Greater Flamingo and Indian Peafowl.

Best Rhino:
Nominees include Indian Rhino, Southern White Rhino and the Black Rhino.

The last day to vote is August 4th. Results will be posted on the 5th. Have fun!

HERES LIES.jpg

Best Bear:
Nominees include Grizzly Bear, Formosan Black Bear, Sun Bear, Polar Bear, Himalayan Brown Bear and Giant Panda.

Best Bird:
Nominees Include Emu, Red Crowned Crane, King Penguin, African Penguin, Southern Cassowary, Common Ostrich, Greater Flamingo and Indian Peafowl.

Best Rhino:

The last day to vote is August 4th. Results will be posted on the 5th. Have fun!
Best Bear - Himalyan Brown Bear Sun Bear
Best Bird - Red Crowned Crane
Best Rhino - Black Rhino

Best Bear:

Best Bird:

Best Rhino:

Best Bear: Polar Bear
1690902806865.png

Best Bird: King Penguin
Best Rhinoceros: Southern White Rhinoceros (duh!)
1690902501100.png

Bear: sun bear
Sun bears were probably tricky to make as they are a unique species that looks very silly compared to other bears. They look like a human impersonating a bear and failing to act natural. I wonder how and if Andean and Sloth bears will look in game.
Bird: Cassowary
Such a unique bird with an array of colors and scary look to it
Best rhino: Indian rhino

Bear: Sunbear, its my favorite bear species irl, easily the best looking and and its the only one that doesnt has this weird pear shape like all the other bears in pz. An easy winner here

Bird: African penguin, really tough choice since all the birds are really realisticly made. But these guys are the most fun to build for.

Rhino: White rhino, this is THE rhino for me, also the best looking and best animated imo

Bear: sun bear

Best designed bear and very different from the other bears. The tongue animations alone make him a winner.

Bird: Southern cassowary

Even by today standards has an amazing design. Our second most colourfull bird after the peafowl. Prehistoric vibe. Also our only tropical bird (which highligts how poor our bird roster trully is)

Best rhino: white rhino

Tiny baby aside i still think is the best designed rhino ingame. More versatile than the black rhino since we can use this one for all kinds of mixed habitats.

Also My votes for the previous cathegory even though the winners have already been chosen:

Best rodent: capybara
Best marsupial: red kangaroo
Best bovid: blue wildebeest

Last edited:
Top Bottom