Commander: Mathias Shallowgrave
Planet/Moon: Veil West Sector DL-Y d68 D 3 b a
Gravity: 0.05 G
Radius: 493 km
Date: 5 - 24 March 3307
Start/End Point: 1.62° -138.68°
Time Taken: circa 50 hours
Approximate Distance: 4000 km
Evidence: This YouTube playlist, documenting the whole trip and this thread on my forums :)
Other Cmdrs who completed the expedition with me: Randario, Frank Dolas, Hattor, Kriztozz.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QpRJArxB8&list=PLOq1KPuGCTMarj9hikUVjnOz7u0zgv00o&ab_channel=rootsrat
Hey Mathias ... nice to hear from you! Sorry I didn't spot this sooner, congratulations to you and the team and I'll get the records updated asap. If you guys use EDSM then there's an achievement badge that goes along with this which I'll try to get assigned to your EDSM accounts soon as well.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hey Mathias ... nice to hear from you! Sorry I didn't spot this sooner, congratulations to you and the team and I'll get the records updated asap. If you guys use EDSM then there's an achievement badge that goes along with this which I'll try to get assigned to your EDSM accounts soon as well.

No worries mate :) The EDSM badge surely is a nice bonus!

It was good fun too, I would defo recommend this planet, it is very varied terrain-wise and the sky changes a lot. Very scenic indeed!

Circumnavigation of T Tauri A 1 B complete!

Started 9/5/3307
7irTGrA.png

Finished 21/5/3307
02Xelfj.png

The first 3,390 kms in Horizons

The last 423 kms in Odyssey

And now to do it again on foot ...

URxR22q.png

Nah!

Sod that ... I need a drink!

vtMN5nq.png

2021-05-22-17-09-50 Byeia Thae LH-U c16-7 B 1. Metal Rich Small Body. Radius 236km. Orbital Period 0.8 days. Odyssey.

I am taking my SRV for a test drive around this lovely fast moving Odyssey world; orbital period just 0.8 days! I have begun my circumnavigation at Lat 0, Long 0. I am now heading north and will take a screen capture at 30 degree intervals... Performance in Odyssey is meh. I have had to lower the setting to medium in VR (1080Ti graphics card). Apart from that, all is well and the scenery looks great.

And now to do it again on foot ...

Nah!
You have a small number of days to prepare a special badge for me because, believe it or not, that's what I'm doing right now.

Special comedy moment: when my last battery recharge was about to be depleted, I realized i didn't know how to recall my ship. I tried to find out everywhere and even started thinking that maybe it wasn't possible, lol. I almost got out of air.

But now that I know, I'm advancing well: around 4h30m each stage before my ship has to come down with fresh batteries for my suit.

You have a small number of days to prepare a special badge for me because, believe it or not, that's what I'm doing right now.

Special comedy moment: when my last battery recharge was about to be depleted, I realized i didn't know how to recall my ship. I tried to find out everywhere and even started thinking that maybe it wasn't possible, lol. I almost got out of air.

But now that I know, I'm advancing well: around 4h30m each stage before my ship has to come down with fresh batteries for my suit.
Bravo sir! How many km have you travelled so far?

Byeia Thae LH-U c16-7 B 1. Metal Rich Small Body. Radius 236km.

I have reached the North Pole. My journey is 25% complete. The main problem I have experienced with this particular world in Odyssey is large 'invisible boulders'; a graphics bug that really does need to be fixed. I'll be travelling the next 180 degrees on the dark side as I head towards the South Pole. I'll be relying on my SRV's Full Beam and Night Vision lots. I've got a perilous feeling that this is about to become a dangerous and bumpy ride.

Attachments

• 1621717397130_Byeia Thae LH-U c16-7 B 1. North Pole.JPG
    1621717397130_Byeia Thae LH-U c16-7 B 1. North Pole.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 89
Byeia Thae LH-U c16-7 B 1. Metal Rich Small Body. Radius 236km. Orbital Period 0.8 days. (New Odyssey terrain).

Back to where I began my journey (Lat 0.0, Long 0.0).

Circumnavigation complete.

I will post full evidence of my trip (location screen captures at 30 degree intervals) after I have had a good sleep; I've been driving all through the night.

2021-05-24-06-32-59  Byeia Thae LH-U c16-7 B 1. Circumnavigation complete.JPG

I logged off having passed the middle of he journey, so this alien pilgrim must have walked near 600km already.
600km!!! On foot!!!! Bloody hell, consider me seriously impressed. I walked 5km so I could recall my ship and that felt like an achievement. Looks like you're going to be our first on foot circumnavigation ... awesome!

Byeia Thae LH-U c16-7 B 1. Metal Rich Small Body. Radius 236km. Orbital Period 0.8 days. (New Odyssey terrain).

Back to where I began my journey (Lat 0.0, Long 0.0).

Circumnavigation complete.

I will post full evidence of my trip (location screen captures at 30 degree intervals) after I have had a good sleep; I've been driving all through the night.

View attachment 230271
Congratulations! ... I believe that's our first full Odyssey circumnavigation then. I'm away on holiday at the moment but when I get back I have some record keeping to do.

600km!!! On foot!!!! Bloody hell, consider me seriously impressed. I walked 5km so I could recall my ship and that felt like an achievement. Looks like you're going to be our first on foot circumnavigation ... awesome!
I decided to post a little story of it here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/camino-de-santiago-on-foot-circumnavigation.577783

I have to catch up a bit on the report as most of my computer's time is engaged to actually running ahead, but I hope I can pair them tomorrow maybe.

Last edited:
So it's done. Story and details at https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/camino-de-santiago-on-foot-circumnavigation.577783/

But summary also here:

Planet: Stuelou OJ-E c26-45 3 C a
Radius: 189.1km.
Gravity: 0.02G.
Start/Finish Dates: 22.05.3307, 27.05.3307
Distance Travelled: 1,188.15km (to be updated after I recalculate with log info).
Time Taken: 76 hours, 35 minutes, 35 seconds.
Vehicle used: NONE.

Video evidence:
Log evidence
Ok. I'll be "that guy".
After watching some of your video... It looks like you left your game on autorun - there are even points where it's clearly seen that your "avatar" walked into a wall and was blocked for some time. It's hard for me to treat the fact that you've made some button pressed and left the game running on its own for hours as an achievement of any kind.

Top Bottom