I'm not taking that bait.

Indeed, everything looks like dark wheels. Everyone here could be Drew Wagar. Drew Wagar is just a name.
Macros Black is just a name. Michael Brooks is just a name. All names here are pen names.
And everyday every name can decide to be a different character from a different children's book. Or scifi-series.

You could be a witch. You could be Q. You could be Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice. You could be Big Johnson. You could be Odin, the god of 100 names. You could be Michael Brooks, the forum-troll with 100 names ;)

You could be messaging me under one name, telling me about Nemorensis, and immediately under a different name, in this thread, talking about "Why Nemorensis?".
You could sprinkle small little hints everywhere in this forum, thus making this forum the actual game. And then you play the witch in the 3D-rendered world.

You could be one person. You could be multiple persons. You could be multiple persons in one person.
You could be a different person at different times but under the same name.

You could be a chess piece, so you'd be check mated.

So, stop this charade! Reveal yourself! Reveal your true nature!

I'm not going to run in circles no more, chasing my own tail, just so "dog" rotates into "god".

No. I'm done here, since there is nothing for me to hunt anymore.
A hunting dog loves to chase that which it doesn't understand. It loves chasing rabbits, barking up the tree, licking its(erm... forget about that).

Finding Raxxla is the void, the emptiness, the lack of a hunting ground. The place that is not a place.

I will be retiring my character tomorrow, on Luna's day, exactly where it is right now, and there's nothing you can say to make me change my mind!
And then I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. When in reality it's all dark.

Thank you.

PS:
@David Braben
Pink Floyd before DSOTM is the superior Floyd, you pleb ;)

dub di

dub di

dub di

dub di

Isn't this, where we...

Reminds me - If you get Sun Dragon. There was a reference in MBs book Elite Legacy to a... childrens book about a Princess and an Alien Dragon
I think it was a reference to the Sun Dragon book, however I wasnt able to get much from that - except for the Tau Ceti Expedition - which wasnt part of the book - just that extra website with a few blog posts. I did get the impression that some of that related to stuff he was probably working on relating to the alien life forms living in the void as well as possibly the thargoid probes and their means of communicating with us... but beyond that ?
Mmm

Very perplexing...

Seems to have been collated around the same time as Elite Legacy, I would say the mention of Dragons, Tau Ceti and a Children’s story are far too coincidental...

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfj-IJOGqdg&feature=share

Here is MB Pinterest posts around that time too, interesting, but be warned however the actual home site for the Tau Ceti Mission is offline and the links are broken / liable to take you someplace not so trustworthy.

But its all very interesting.

Edit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...ASIN=1502886146&linkCode=as2&tag=thestapro-21

Last edited:
About to start my journey to skull and crossbones nebula, this nebula in real life is home to a group of stars that are actually a dwarf galaxy separate from the Milky way known as Canis Major Dwarf, the H18 region is the extra galatic group that isnt our galaxy and i noticed only 1 star in that area just behind the nebula is a H18 as opposed to the other H19 and a few others, long shot but last i was out there a few months ago many of the systems wernt fully scanned either

Mmm

Very perplexing...

Seems to have been collated around the same time as Elite Legacy, I would say the mention of Dragons, Tau Ceti and a Children’s story are far too coincidental...

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfj-IJOGqdg&feature=share

Here is MB Pinterest posts around that time too, interesting, but be warned however the actual home site for the Tau Ceti Mission is offline and the links are broken / liable to take you someplace not so trustworthy.

But its all very interesting.

Ya I used the Wayback Machine to access the Tau Ceti Mission Website.. the link it takes you to now is a little risque...

https://web.archive.org/web/20170630194559/http://www.taucetimission.com/

I was waiting to see if the Tau Ceti Mission ever materalized... Its funny reading the tau ceti mission stuff again - im seeing things.

Ah ya i forgot alot of this - would be worth starting at the beginning in Dec2015 and jumping forward through the wayback machine archives.
some of the logs seem to get deleted so better to start at beginning and move through it...

Edit - ya i wont give any spoilers - but look at the so called source of the Sun Dragons

Last edited:
How cool would it be to drop on the 8th moon of a Gas giant and seeing this

https://inara.cz/gallery/0/138098/
Nice.

I'd prefer to see this!
1614571126802.png

Then I'd be more inclined to trust FDev's in-game information on other stuff that comes out, leading to a rich and better game across a wide variety of scenarios.

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra

Hmmmmmm ok something i just learned.
You know that awesome tatoo that MB got ...
eebcc36187a2d52bc4d8ab344982ca11--the-cult-unique-art.jpg

It was called "the space In-between" and it has the same name as an earlier Drabble that he did.

The Space In-between

There is a secret hidden deep inside the heart of the universe. A terrible reality which once challenged the power of the divine. In a war spanning our universe and beyond the elder beings almost destroyed everything that was and what might yet come to be.

Those who survived imprisoned the horror inside a maze of nothingness. Only the complex space in between could contain their impossible forms. Their presence creates quantum chaos to what was once mathematical precision.

No faith alone can unlock their prison, but science has the key.

The elder ones await our discoveries with keen hunger.

-Drabble by Michael Brookes

Something to chew on

Nice.

I'd prefer to see this!
View attachment 210747

Then I'd be more inclined to trust FDev's in-game information on other stuff that comes out, leading to a rich and better game across a wide variety of scenarios.

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra

I doubt very much that you would see exactly this. It is clear that in many of their visual posts like this FD have introduced distortions. I first observed that while investigating the old start up movie which turned out to be several camera angles all merged together, plus some other manipulations which disguised Barnard’s Loop. This Codex shot of TDW station (which it may or may not be, they aren’t saying it is, it just exists in that post, there’s no confirmation that is what it represents, could be just flavoured fluff!) has definitely been manipulated for colour balance. You can test that for yourself by comparing this shot against the lights colouron back of a similar old type Orbis (I used Aulin Enterprise). You can rebalance the shot’s colour to get something a little more realistic, when the star turns out to be an M subdwarf (M VI, if I remember correctly). However the distances are still likely to be distorted-I don’t think a moon/planet would be that close to even a cool subdwarf & strongly suspect the moon is shown too far away.
So the camera can lie! 🙂

Last edited:
I probably missed it (or just plain forgot it) and MBs Drabble and Image were connected before... but the drabble is making me look at the cthonic side of things again - as well as gives me hopes for seeing Lovecraftian Horrors .. speaking of which some of those Lagrange Anomalies look awesome - I need to go check those out.

I like Mattius's take on the "temple" found at Site 94. What if the temple was aimed at one of the Cthonic Gods.. or are they the Far God ? And the Thargoids are sent (I see them as the dogs of some kind of mother goddess) to destroy it and those who opened it.

Personally looking forward to an Odyssey where - We are at a base when some impenetrable blackness descends and strange 4th dimensional glowing tentacle things start ripping us to shreds.

And thus the mad tea party continues.

Btw what is an Odyssey? It's not about exploring the unknown. The Odyssey is about getting home, but always being side tracked and turned away from home.

The dog has retired and it has turned into stone, into history.

For the dog was tempted with the offers of the gods, joining the Olymp. But there is no glory in being the mover, no more than being the moved. There is glory in refusing the temptation of being a mover. Indeed, the movers are the friends you made along the journey. The friends that are not directly visible to your eyes. The friends influencing your fate. The friends playing a prank on you. The friends making you missjump and make you find that which you didn't know you were looking for. A missjump where the destination might occur outside the mirror.

The song of the sirens is over and so this one shall become the one who honked Raxxla. Then passed by. The myth. The Legend.

Fin.

Within Elite Legacy, do we recall any ship or faction names? I have the digital copy, currently ‘keyword’ skimming it...

Its just, the ship on the book cover has some markings or something else which looks like a serpent or a dragon.
I dont remember any "factions" just the Laphrian Navy... But the Cavus family I think owned some "legitimate" businesses... Cavus ... latin for cave or hollow .... Holloway Bioscience ?

Ya I think its the "Twin Vipers" ship that gets attacked at the beginning of the book. But ya its in a Caduceus and the system is Artemis .... Also I like how the head is in the rough shape of a viper ship as well as reminiscent of the shapes on the outer ring of the Raxxla symbol...
Yeah ‘twin vipers’. Just checked, shame they weren’t ‘dragons’ or even ‘python’, always thought it a long shot and too obvious, but you never know, always worth a look, like how the book does make a point of a children’s book:

“I had no form of entertainment except for a book, a single book about a young man’s quest to save a princess from an alien dragon. My father must have bought it on the black market. He couldn’t have got it from anywhere else.“I still have that book.”

Excerpt From Elite: Legacy Michael Brookes (This material may be protected by copyright).

Who knows maybe this is the book references in the codex! Any references to dragons at Freeholm in game or a black market in books!?

Last edited:
Top Bottom