In 2015, Don Cheadle co-wrote directed and starred in the film "Miles Ahead"
Ewan McGregor was cast to play the role of...Dave Braben
Gonna watch and look for any Raxxla clues...more later.

Err, I think you'll find Ewan was playing David Braden, not David Braben.

1615511842881.png

Enjoy the film though! :cool:

/ Ra.

Is it regarding Raxxla, I hope by Zeus’s beard it isn’t but experience teaches if something seems too good to be true, it probably is, so it works in reverse here.

Odyssey ... something something, personal journey something .... I do think our friend Theta 7 is a bit of an Odysseus figure ... "I no longer have a name. Nor a family. Nor a future.." - he became Outis. He has now taken on Theta 7... I get the impression he is going to take his followers on a horrible journey and get everyone killed. Something about the importance of names?

As far as Raxxla goes - ya I have come to accept that It is probably directly tied into the Thargoid and Guardian stories... But so far Im liking what they have done with it :)

I took a closer look at the pictures in the Codex yesterday. And I have questions:
25ICnSE.png
1. I can't understand what the emblem of the Targoids means ?
VIiIFu7.png
2. What are those dots in this picture and in the Raxxla icon in the picture above ? Why are there 3 rings on the galaxy map? (I could be wrong, but I seem to be able to distinguish the usual numbers on the middle row of dots. )
Could this sign just mean a galaxy, like somewhere out there and not a specific place?
Mi7Wjbp.png
3. Why is the picture of the Dark Wheel on the right exactly like that? This is a particular star with a particular distance to the star and a planet still visible. Can we roughly determine the distance to the star?

Last edited:
I took a closer look at the pictures in the Codex yesterday. And I have questions:
25ICnSE.png
VIiIFu7.png
2. What are those dots in this picture and in the Raxxla icon in the picture above ? Why are there 3 rings on the galaxy map? (I could be wrong, but I seem to be able to distinguish the usual numbers on the middle row of dots. )
Could this sign just mean a galaxy, like somewhere out there and not a specific place?
Mi7Wjbp.png
3. Why is the picture of the Dark Wheel on the right exactly like that? This is a particular star with a particular distance to the star and a planet still visible. Can we roughly determine the distance to the star?

Mmm, some interesting observations there. I’ve never spotted dotted circles on my galmap, will look later today.

The Thargoid “brand”/skin marking has been the subject of speculation for several years. The most credible idea I read was that it is supposed to represent Barnard’s Loop. But there is Olivia Vespera's Thargoid Marking Identification Table and a thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-data-gathering-effort-we-need-your-help.381230/) about Thargoid data gathering which you should investigate; this is the Quest for Raxxla thread: we know much, speculate about even more, but don’t know everything. 😉

Be careful! Since people rapidly solved some puzzles based on star matching etc FD now frequently manipulate the images they release. The one of the red star with planet and Orbis station (supposedly TDW’s, but it may be fluff) is clearly manipulated. You can check this for yourself as that type of station occurs in the bubble (I used Aulin Enterprise) & clearly the colour balance has been altered. You can change the colour balance back to reality yourself so the lights on the rear of the station match the colour of Aulin Enterprise. The star then becomes not so red, and I think is an M type subdwarf ( M VI). Somewhere in this thread I posted my colour-corrected version. FD also manipulate the perspective and I strongly suspect they have done so here, so the apparent distances are likely to be incorrect. Those orbital distances and size of the moon/planet look suspicious

edit: here's my colour-corrected version
BkZw84Z.jpg

Last edited:

1. Its a symbol that appears on the Tharg barnacles and maybe elsewhere. nobody really knows if or what it represents. Barnards Loop looks similar from certain places.
2. Not a clue
3. Theres a thread somewhere 'What system is the DW station in?' which goes into this theory in detail.

As you probably all are aware of, there is some resemblance between the inner part of Raxxla logo and the Hecate's Wheel.

b66a7e19ec6cd986bf292affef3e8482.jpg
7qjfwa6uw6t11.png

Hecate as a goddess of crossroads, may give meaning to the rest of the logo symbolism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecate#Functions

All this has been discussed before, in this thread. I just found a poem about Hecate that includes a lot of the words used in relation with Raxxla.

Have a read. See if you can make anything of it, or if it leads somewhere interesting.

Hecate is a system in ED and 100 Hekate is an asteroid in Sol.

As you probably all are aware of, there is some resemblance between the inner part of Raxxla logo and the Hecate's Wheel.

b66a7e19ec6cd986bf292affef3e8482.jpg
7qjfwa6uw6t11.png

Hecate as a goddess of crossroads, may give meaning to the rest of the logo symbolism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hecate#Functions

All this has been discussed before, in this thread. I just found a poem about Hecate that includes a lot of the words used in relation with Raxxla.

Have a read. See if you can make anything of it, or if it leads somewhere interesting.

Hecate is a system in ED and 100 Hekate is an asteroid in Sol.
Interesting. And who was recently in the solar system, is there a texture of Anahata on Saturn ?

Interesting. And who was recently in the solar system, is there a texture of Anahata on Saturn ?

Not sure ... But reminds me FD has put some effort into their Divine Feminine Mothergoddess stuff...

The system Anahit has two bodies Ikralla and Nergal

Anahit being the Armenian version of Anahita - an Indo-Iranian goddess of the Waters ... think Saraswati

Ikralla is the mesopotamian underworld

Nergal was married to Ershkigal rulers of the underworld .

Im seeing a tying in of the rivers as a conduits (crossroads) leading to the underworld .... or the space in between if you prefer :)

Side note on Hekate's Wheel
As far as I can tell it is a modern wiccan creation - probably based off of the hindu yantra
In the yantra the square that surrounds it is supposed to symbolize a temple with the little platform like things (for want of a better description) that stick out are supposed to be the entrances.
440px-Sri_Yantra.svg.png

Hekate's top is described by Psellus in his commentaries on the Chaldean Oracles.

"Hekate's top is a golden ball. formed around a sapphire, whirled around by means of a rawhide thong, with characters [engraved] all over it. Whirling it, [the thurgist] used to make invocations. And they were accustomed to call these [tops] "iynges" whether they were spherical or triangular or of some other shape. Whirling them [the whirlers] gave forth indiscriminate sounds, or sounds like a beast, laughing and whipping the air. [The Oracle] teachesthat the movement of the top, having an ineffable power, works the rite. It is called 'Hekate's top" because it is consecrated to Hekate." - From Hekate Soteria, Sarah Iles Johnston

I suspect this image of a triangular bronse base(?) from pergamon is closer to what Hekate's top looked like.

gJm8HXc.jpg

Not sure ... But reminds me FD has put some effort into their Divine Feminine Mothergoddess stuff...

The system Anahit has two bodies Ikralla and Nergal

Anahit being the Armenian version of Anahita - an Indo-Iranian goddess of the Waters ... think Saraswati

Ikralla is the mesopotamian underworld

Nergal was married to Ershkigal rulers of the underworld .

Im seeing a tying in of the rivers as a conduits (crossroads) leading to the underworld .... or the space in between if you prefer :)
At least the Star of David or the 4th chakra is mostly painted green.

Mmm, some interesting observations there. I’ve never spotted dotted circles on my galmap, will look later today.

The Thargoid “brand”/skin marking has been the subject of speculation for several years. The most credible idea I read was that it is supposed to represent Barnard’s Loop. But there is Olivia Vespera's Thargoid Marking Identification Table and a thread (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-data-gathering-effort-we-need-your-help.381230/) about Thargoid data gathering which you should investigate; this is the Quest for Raxxla thread: we know much, speculate about even more, but don’t know everything. 😉

Be careful! Since people rapidly solved some puzzles based on star matching etc FD now frequently manipulate the images they release. The one of the red star with planet and Orbis station (supposedly TDW’s, but it may be fluff) is clearly manipulated. You can check this for yourself as that type of station occurs in the bubble (I used Aulin Enterprise) & clearly the colour balance has been altered. You can change the colour balance back to reality yourself so the lights on the rear of the station match the colour of Aulin Enterprise. The star then becomes not so red, and I think is an M type subdwarf ( M VI). Somewhere in this thread I posted my colour-corrected version. FD also manipulate the perspective and I strongly suspect they have done so here, so the apparent distances are likely to be incorrect. Those orbital distances and size of the moon/planet look suspicious

edit: here's my colour-corrected version
BkZw84Z.jpg
it seems my space madness is reaching new heights, but what if the station is not a station at all, but a robot...
1615583346292.png

At least the Star of David or the 4th chakra is mostly painted green.

Ya I think the Green and Black is from this:

"Markings are unfamiliar . . .' Alex said. There had been black and green flags with bright sunbursts on them, and non-terrestrial ideographs on the sides."
- The Dark Wheel, Holdstock

Its kind of a sunburst - not bright of course. The Ideograms make me think of the Thargoid marks.... But ya no idea about what the colors relate to.

Back
Top Bottom