The locations Sirius factions holds may be relevant. Attacking Sirius affiliated factions (via bgs) may force them to use their advantage/capabilities w.r.t controlling Raxxla more openly.
Interesting (and quite possibly valid) theory from a lore perspective. That said I am not sure what role, if any, the BGS would have to play in unlocking Raxxla. According to an early statement (by Braben or Brookes IIRC, can't remember which now) finding Raxxla was going to be a "personal journey" or the like for each commander. Not sure how mass player BGS (or Powerplay) activity would fit that definition myself. That said, I am biased against both of those, so am quite possibly very wrong.

Last edited:
finding Raxxla was going to be a "personal journey" or the like for each commander

'Its a journey everyone must make for themselves' - Michael Brookes (before FCs but after MC iirc....and he must have known FCs were coming so not sure how literally to take that) Plus Trade & Combat ranks can be earned in MC....not sure how Explo MC works.

One reading of it is that you have to go somewhere and receive some info or invite or the 'key', which you dont get in MC eg you dont see the LP text or similar in MC. Especially if its a sound / note / tone that is in the key of G for example and only stored on your ship to be used later.....like honking the UAs to get a response.

Or it may be more imaginative thinking than practically thinking and applying it to gameplay, time will tell....if we ever find the darn thing that is :)

When I choose a distant system and start to build a route to it, I see a sign like this. I don't understand what it means.
W7aiIUk.png

Very interesting. So it turns out you only need to feed those who take you out of the jump and not those who are in the signal points.
What do they grow in the barnacles? Meta alloys?
I just read about the shells and . So this sign, the one for targoids, is the symbol on the barnacles!
And to end this off-topic post completely, here goes:
Whoa, source on that? I've been wasting alloys big time on Thargoid in signals.

Are only the hyperdictions considered Encounters?

Yes only hyperdictions are counted there. Im still not sure how that got extrapolated to a 'ranking' with the Thargs, think that was someone claiming a private chat on discord with a dev, so put your own value of 'proof' on that. As usual no official word from Frontier either way to confirm or deny but thats partly because theyd need a whole new CM team to answer all the myths and lies and deliberate misinformation or trolling or plain false memory that gets spread around as 'true'.

It used to be that 'a man in a pub told me' was viewed as worthless and a joke, but saying the same about someone on the internet is taken as proof in certain quarters. Probably a mix of Fox Mulder 'I want to believe' and people wanting to be 'first' with the info driving it, or just the fact its written by the man in the pub rather than said gives it more credibility for some reason. Ofc the best way is to do a YT video, they are taken as pure fact usually.

Im not sure what went wrong with the internet. Most of us over 40 can remember a time before the internet, and when we heard about it coming we thought it would be awesome, it would be Encylopedia Britannica and more online and easy to find, all the sum of human history and knowledge and discoveries and sharing science across the world, it would lead to awesome new discoveries and collaboration to make giant leaps forward, interacting with people you would never get a chance to meet in real life, dictatorships would fall due to access to outside information.....instead 99% of it is and most of the rest is photos of peoples food or cats or conspiracy theorists and worse.

Yes only hyperdictions are counted there. Im still not sure how that got extrapolated to a 'ranking' with the Thargs, think that was someone claiming a private chat on discord with a dev, so put your own value of 'proof' on that. As usual no official word from Frontier either way to confirm or deny but thats partly because theyd need a whole new CM team to answer all the myths and lies and deliberate misinformation or trolling or plain false memory that gets spread around as 'true'.

It used to be that 'a man in a pub told me' was viewed as worthless and a joke, but saying the same about someone on the internet is taken as proof in certain quarters. Probably a mix of Fox Mulder 'I want to believe' and people wanting to be 'first' with the info driving it, or just the fact its written by the man in the pub rather than said gives it more credibility for some reason. Ofc the best way is to do a YT video, they are taken as pure fact usually.

Im not sure what went wrong with the internet. Most of us over 40 can remember a time before the internet, and when we heard about it coming we thought it would be awesome, it would be Encylopedia Britannica and more online and easy to find, all the sum of human history and knowledge and discoveries and sharing science across the world, it would lead to awesome new discoveries and collaboration to make giant leaps forward, interacting with people you would never get a chance to meet in real life, dictatorships would fall due to access to outside information.....instead 99% of it is and most of the rest is photos of peoples food or cats or conspiracy theorists and worse.
You are confusing the real Internet with the Guardian Network.
Maybe it's for the best, though; we're unlikely to face a skynet in this state of affairs.

RE: Thargoid reputation / hidden rankings.

Just posted this on TTW thread but copying relevant bit here for posterity as been discussed many times here. From this 'The Pilot' video, just after 19.00m (the whole vid is worth watching though, a good Q&A overall with @Arthur Tolmie Lead Community Manager for Frontier Elite)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYNGKV8fZ6Y

The Pilot - 'Before the bug was fixed you could align with them' (Thargs).
Arthur - Says nothing, clearly has no clue what TP is on about
TP - That leads me on to my next question, can we ever align with them?' (Thargs)
Arthur - I honestly dont know. I dont see how it would work mechanically. Its a question I don't want to ask [to ask Senior Management or DB himself].

So he doesnt say 'No', he says 'I dont know'. I find it strange that he wouldn't know / be informed if it was true and was happening or being introduced, I would assume he would at least be told as its a Q we the players have asked many times over and is something some of us are hoping for. Then he could have said 'I cant say' or similar and we could have kept guessing.

So its not solid proof either way but it is the first public statement from Frontier or a CM that we do have on the subject so putting it here for the record.

Just posted this on TTW thread but copying relevant bit here for posterity as been discussed many times here. From this 'The Pilot' video, just after 19.00m (the whole vid is worth watching though, a good Q&A overall with @Arthur Tolmie Lead Community Manager for Frontier Elite)

So he doesnt say 'No', he says 'I dont know'. I find it strange that he wouldn't know / be informed if it was true and was happening or being introduced, I would assume he would at least be told as its a Q we the players have asked many times over and is something some of us are hoping for. Then he could have said 'I cant say' or similar and we could have kept guessing.

So its not solid proof either way but it is the first public statement from Frontier or a CM that we do have on the subject so putting it here for the record.
I've already written in another thread, but I'll say it again. There are more emblems in the store.

I'm actually not that surprised as the turnover rate of CMs since I started playing has been pretty high imo. Honestly, I'd bet a fair amount of cmdrs know significantly more than the CMs. I'd believe something @Ian Doncaster would tell me over one of the CMs at this point. He at least answers my questions lol

Coriolis, has to be, the original dark wheel novella has one on the cover
That may be the Dark Wheel’s stealthy station, hence the name.

There is a hint that TDW may, or may not, be the route to finding Raxxla but that may also be obfuscation.

I still think Raxxla is a Guardian Ark ship. I suspect they visited Mars, left the artefact there, and have been guiding human development as an anti-Thargoid tactic. They’re behind the Pilot’s Federation, witness their triangular/hexagonal glyphs that appear very briefly on the ship’s nav panel (may need to be video’d & slowed down to see, they used to appear for much longer but that sequence was speeded up in one of the game updates-it’s in the change notes as I mentioned a few days ago!). That’s my theory about the metagame, what is my very own, dinosaurs are small at one end, very big in the middle, then small at the other end.

Oops, sorry! Mixing my theories again! 😁

Last edited:

CMs aren’t part of the development team, they’re part of marketing; they’re the front desk face of FD.
Their job is to interface with the customers, keep them interested, and answer their questions where feasible.
If a CM doesn’t know something and can’t be bothered to ask those who do then they’re not doing their job! 😡

(I’m grumpy!
I had insomnia last night,
awake from 3 till at least 5,
my DIY is going badly and I’ve now got time pressure to finish it,
the release of Odyssey Alpha is delayed until this afternoon,
AND I STILL CAN’T REACH MY SHIP’S COFFEE MACHINE!!!)

Edit: p.s. I haven’t watched the vid, just going by what was reported above from it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom