My fellow typical forumites, I beg of you - Take Heed! - be yea young or faint of heart... Look no Further!
Even though this is but an attempted Vogon Poem... I can vouch for the mental anguish it can cause
and ask any who dare to look at what lies beyond this spoiler - Steel your mind against the Horror !

Ode to a wasted 27B-6
or - on the death of a favorite grandmother, devoured by the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

Twasoona sloughy peatside
Lumbrigous Avia lolpined
while the Ravenous Bugblatter
Glubbered hungridiously below...

Municipifiant infarctions
begrundled ofalsive delays
while salubrious strokesix
was Defartled by days!

Bugblatter Bugblatter with toungulous clicks
et droobulous Avila allin two bits
and left... gnarsplattled her sangulous nose...

:p

My fellow typical forumites, I beg of you - Take Heed! - be yea young or faint of heart... Look no Further!
Even though this is but an attempted Vogon Poem... I can vouch for the mental anguish it can cause
and ask any who dare to look at what lies beyond this spoiler - Steel your mind against the Horror !

Ode to a wasted 27B-6
or - on the death of a favorite grandmother, devoured by the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

Lumbrigous Avia lolpined

was Defartled by days!

argghhhh!!!
My lower intestine just tried to strangle me, and I’d only read the first verse! 😧

Ode to a wasted 27B-6

Lumbrigous Avia lolpined

was Defartled by days!

I didn’t understand anything, but you get a point for effort.😁

Ode to a wasted 27B-6

Lumbrigous Avia lolpined

was Defartled by days!

I shed a tear.

It was bloody. Scientists say it's a unique poetry-induced deadly Cerberus plague strain. Will update after I repeatedly soak cerebral matter in Apa Vietii (romanian for Water of Life) diluted with Waters of Shintara in a factory-new Hutton Mug. I may need a community goal for this. Pls contact FDev for me

Ode to a wasted 27B-6

Lumbrigous Avia lolpined

was Defartled by days!

Friend, I think you ought to return to the bubble for a while. Space madness seems to have taken hold of you.

So…

it’s been a while since Raxxla was confirmed as being in the milky way etc…

What’s the worst theory you’ve heard? (Personal opinion and should not matter who said it as they are all equally valid as we don’t know what we’re looking for!)

What’s the best/most probable theory in your opinion?

and finally….

What theory have you spent the most time on and why did you abandon it? (if you have!)

looking forward to Jorki’s answers 😁

Hmmm worst theory? any theory that involves the 7ly jump range argument - usually i also dislike the ones that require systematic surveys.... I feel there should be a path that is followable to a reasonable location... of course I also think that reasonable game mechanics would include not having to constantly relog at a site to get enough of xyz to appease an engineer for some small upgrade... So ya I have little faith in a reasonable path at this point.

That said i am currently doing a haphazard survey (i refuse to be systematic) in the galactic core hoping there is something at the center... so ya

I just keep working my way around the clues we have... Silent Song of the Spheres, The Symbol, The Toast, Princess Astrophel story, The Omphalos Rift, etc.... When i get bored pulling at one string ... I move back to an old one and pick it up again... I guess my favorite would be the Toast because I think it is supposed to lead us to the Dark Wheel Station... which i keep holding out hope is the stepping stone to raxxla...

My niggles are the “its the people you meet on the journey” and “ a state of mind” trolls. Neither fit the “it’s a definite place” statement of the codex.

I have reported my previous hypotheses in this thread, anyone interested is free to search them out. None have produced any significant results, but I still think Raxxla is likely to be in or very near Sol due to the Martian Artefact and the timeline.

I keep pondering about the “personal journey” and “a story of your progression through the game” statements by DB and MB. Together with the codex/commanders archive of some (but not all) site logs and tourist beacons you’ve visited. Clearly the game mechanism is that the archive stores locations where you’ve visited something significant. It’s not a great leap of faith to infer that the game must be watching that list and should trigger events based on it. Since the game runs on your own machine, not run centrally on FD’s servers, then this is only logical. Cmdr Corr Fellian is working along these lines, but appears to be tying together lore from the RPG, Elite books and previous games in a way that seems to me a bit tenuous.

I am thinking about TDW. We have very little information about them and don't know if they are a distraction or a significant part of this “personal journey”, but it would be nice to trigger something of significance! The only real sources of information we have about TDW are the two (Reclamation and Premonition) books by Drew Wagar, with a small amount of support from the Codex. They are mentioned in a couple of the other Elite books but only in passing. So I’m thinking we need to pull together any clues from those two books and test them against the game. The things that stand out to me are the in-game features of the Zurara, three Dynasty Plot areas (which are located quite a long way from each other around the galaxy, each with 4 abandoned surface sites), and a faction in Shin Dez that seems to do nothing significant and which we are told is “merely a front”, “they have their uses for occasional menial activities” and that TDW are “akin to an affiliation of organisations that share certain common goals. Interlocking in purpose.” In SD they have their own surface base which is a little out of the way.... We know they updated the Zurara from its original Anaconda to a megaship...Clearly FD put significant dev effort into providing the in-game support for this.

So, I’m wondering if the test for membership is to actually visit all three sets of Dynasty sites (& maybe Zurarra too). The obvious thing then is to sell the Intel packages gained to TDW in Shinrarta. I’ve visited FRift and Conflux sites and am currently on my way to the Hawking’s Gap sites. However I did not sell the intel packages from the first two areas to TDW. I think I sold the FRift data to Canonn HQ and that from the Conflux to Jaques on my way back to the bubble from the DW2 expedition. It might not even matter where the data is sold since we dont see that information stored in the archive. However I’ll definitely sell the Gap data to TDW in SD in the hope of triggering something. What I’d like to know is whether anyone has sold all Dynasty Plot data to TDW in SD?

So…

it’s been a while since Raxxla was confirmed as being in the milky way etc…

What’s the worst theory you’ve heard? (Personal opinion and should not matter who said it as they are all equally valid as we don’t know what we’re looking for!)

and finally….

What theory have you spent the most time on and why did you abandon it? (if you have!)

looking forward to Jorki’s answers 😁

What’s the worst theory you’ve heard?

This is a tricky one, because no one has any evidence either way, so any theory could be relevant to a point, until there is sufficient evidence to dissuade you it’s false.

Initially I would say the worst is my own theory, that Raxxla is part of some planned narrative content drop. Primarily because such a theory is so disheartening.

Every positive indicator gives the impression Raxxla or it’s location at least, is in game.

DB confirmed it’s in game, as has MB and recently the CM, it’s described as having a location, and that the ‘pay off ought to be huge’…

Yet these same statements, when combined with FD behaviour do introduce a level of doubt, that it also could just as easily be somehow unobtainable, or involved with the larger narrative to unlock it; or that the mystery is simply a compilation of arbitrary references with no real correlation.

MBs statements Ive always interpreted as intentionally vague, but there was a pattern to his dialogue and body language which marries with other statements, which could align them with narrative elements, which introduces a level of suspicion and the hypothesis that such statements may allude to it being narrative driven.

Then there is DBs and recently CM statements which can be interpreted as corporately deflective, noncommittal or even dismissive, which feeds in additional doubt.

This combined with FDs general modus operandi to release content over time, and drop content into areas in which previously there wasn’t content, gives one an unsettling impression, that Raxxla will only be accessible when FD have hit the relevant narrative point.

So yes my own theory is my own pet hate, because it’s the ever present dought which weighs against every potential alternative.

Another theory I’ve tired of is that Raxxla is tied to some form of unknown game mechanism, or a complex combination of known mechanisms.

FD have to date, consistently identified an inability to utilise such mechanisms creatively, therefore it only stands to reason, such use of mechanisms albeit desirable and logical, simply is improbable. Because if it were in game, why had FD not exploited such a mechanism throughout their game, to make it more complex and interesting?

That Raxxla is somewhere relatively local, and that the Codex gives an indication of the general area, based on dates and Tau Ceti system as a starting point, and that it could very easily be within a system we’ve already visited, but not fully explored.

Another is that the path to Raxxla is tied directly to the real Dark Wheel station; and it is this silent running station which will provide additional clues towards finding Raxxla. That a variant of the older DW missions exist there and it is these which will provide some form of key stone to better interpret the Raxxla Codex, or at least provide the first step.

First off no theory is ever abandoned, it informs either your ongoing assumptions and can act as a good base to reflect upon and encourage critical thinking, or thinking out of the box.

For myself I’ve been looking into identifying behavioural traits, and relationship links which could inform the inspiration for where Raxxla may be.

Every now and then I do run into an intelligence gap, or notice my hypothesis are spiralling down a rabbit hole. When this occurs I take a break, and look for alternatives and do some reading to understand different perspectives and either cement or disprove my own hypothesis.

Currently I am retreading links to John Milton and Paradise Lost, and the song of the silent spheres; Milton’s blindness (eyes to see) and looking for correlations between Philip Sidney, Mary Sidney and Lady Mary Worth; Princesses, spiralling stars; Urania and the use of obscure ‘geographical locations’ within Milton’s work.

I am by no means a theologian, so any religious context has been completely ignored. Looking instead for names, locations and relationships.

E.g. Beyond Urania was a Crystalline sphere, then the Primum Mobile an opaque spherical shell(!).

Someway off from this hard material shell was an aperture at its apex, Lucifer landed someway off from this ‘first convex’ described as ‘Terra firma’, (the outer sphere not Earth) and found himself upon a ‘boundless continent, dark, waste and wild’, after exiting his ‘causeway’ or ‘viaduct’; after which he travels through the other spheres and lands upon a particular mountain range on Earth.

This outer sphere or ‘outer rim’ is also the location of the ‘paradise of fools’, which Milton references a number of times, especially in one instance using the term ‘vagabond’.

According to John Milton, a golden ladder descended from the Empyrean through this apex and a Jasper Sea. Said golden ladder is the same as Jacobs ladder. Jacob dreamt of this ladder whilst resting/ sleeping upon a Baetylus stone (or Omphalos).

https://cosmologik.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/dante_monde_duprat_une.jpg

dante_monde_duprat_une.jpg

Image: Dante’s World by Guillaume Duprat 2015.

1627231604909.jpeg

Image: Miltons Astronomy, The Astronomy of Paradise Lost, by Thomas N Orchard MD 1913.

Last edited:
Worst theories are those that quote fan fiction or Oolite lore as relevant.

I like theories that fits the descriptions in The Dark Wheel and the codex and the old Founder missions at the same time.😁

Any luck with the leet line? I thought that was awesome!
I’ve been on holliday for a few weeks now. Stuck on a forrest moon, among moose, wolves and things that fly and bite.
My ship is still out there, on the line. The line is steep on the disk, so stars thin out.
Haven’t tested flying the line in Sol yet. It’s on the list. 🙂

I’ve been on holliday for a few weeks now. Stuck on a forrest moon, among moose, wolves and things that fly and bite.
My ship is still out there, on the line. The line is steep on the disk, so stars thin out.
Haven’t tested flying the line in Sol yet. It’s on the list. 🙂

Sounds like fun … well except for the flies.. say hi to the Ewoks for me 😉

Ya i was still liking it in relation to the toast… the old worlds being the core of galaxy 1 they literally were the mother of the other “galaxies” … what would be the jewel?…Tionisla? and then the parents grief etc… Turner & Argent? I dont think anyone has found Turners ship….

Sounds like fun … well except for the flies.. say hi to the Ewoks for me 😉

Ya i was still liking it in relation to the toast… the old worlds being the core of galaxy 1 they literally were the mother of the other “galaxies” … what would be the jewel?…Tionisla? and then the parents grief etc… Turner & Argent? I dont think anyone has found Turners ship….
Think Sol should be the Jewel!
And whose was the wrecked ship in Bill Turner’s engineering collection in Premonition? Didnt get the reference.

Think Sol should be the Jewel!
And whose was the wrecked ship in Bill Turner’s engineering collection in Premonition? Didnt get the reference.

I like sol as a starting point… which is why i like the leet line pointing at the old worlds of galaxy 1. But i think the jewel in this case would need be closer or part of the old worlds to be on the “brow”

Ya the parents grief lovers woe always gives me grief…. Was spitballing that it had to do with Mic Turner/merideth argent… possible wreaked ship was Turners Quest? Ya i still havent fully read premonition … skimmed through it a couple times…. Must have missed that

Ya going stir crazy in the galactic core.

Last edited:
I like sol as a starting point… which is why i like the leet line pointing at the old worlds of galaxy 1. But i think the jewel in this case would need be closer or part of the old worlds to be on the “brow”

Ya the parents grief lovers woe always gives me grief…. Was spitballing that it had to do with Mic Turner/merideth argent… possible wreaked ship was Turners Quest? Ya i still havent fully read premonition … skimmed through it a couple times…. Must have missed that

Ya going stir crazy in the galactic core.
Think the wreck was called Escape Velocity?

Been thinkin' about that. Wasn't Raxxla supposed to be in a non-permit system? Kinda throws a wrench in my theory too, but...
Nope, all we know is it’s in the Milky Way (Michael Brookes) and it’s a definite place (Codex) and we don’t know what it is (David Braben). Nothing about a permit or otherwise.

What I’d like to know is whether anyone has sold all Dynasty Plot data to TDW in SD?
I believe I have, but wouldn't swear to it. I have been to all three Project Dynasty sites as well as the Zurara and am based out of Jameson....so it would stand to reason that upon returning, I would have sold the data there. But even if I had, I wouldn't have sold it to TDW as they don't own Jameson. TPF does, right? So maybe selling it to the land base might trigger something? Although, I have to wonder what, if any, connection Project Dynasty has to the TDW and why they (TDW) would want data regarding it.

Back
Top Bottom