If the honk story is tru, that system is fully scanned and mapped by now. That story is old.

Even if the story is false, it’s more and more likely that Raxxla is in a fully mapped system.
Based on the 2296 start of the rumor, based on the Tau Ceti tourist beacon discovery happened sometime between 2159 (Tau Ceti self-sufficiency) and 2296. Now this was the slow expansion period (generation ships and the beginning of megaships from large corporations and governments with the very first "slow hyperspace" drives (hours to weeks between systems). So, it is near Sol and there are few options that allow for much else. Even hyperspace probes would get so far they couldn't retransmit in time for the rumor to get going by 2296 unless you invoke faster than light communications. We didn't Faraway until 2800 (which is centuries after Raxxla myth goes mainstream).

Source: https://canonn.science/lore/drewwagar-hyperspace/

Last edited:
If the honk story is tru, that system is fully scanned and mapped by now. That story is old.

Even if the story is false, it’s more and more likely that Raxxla is in a fully mapped system.
Agreed and i'm sure about 2 things:
  • either Raxxla is in an asteroid belt (how many people really visited them?, Now with the Great Raxxla Potato Hunt, nothing can go through radars but there are a lot of systems to scan).
  • Raxxla is not implemented in game. I mean either fdev lied to us or we need to first contact TDW and the missions are broken => so Raxxla is unaccessible.

We just need to wait players to fully scan all the asteroid belts.

While i'm writing this i just remember: the pulse wave analizer was at original state used for scan asteroids AND anomalies. But the release of the PWA were at same time as the Codex?

Agreed and i'm sure about 2 things:
  • either Raxxla is in an asteroid belt (how many people really visited them?, Now with the Great Raxxla Potato Hunt, nothing can go through radars but there are a lot of systems to scan).
  • Raxxla is not implemented in game. I mean either fdev lied to us or we need to first contact TDW and the missions are broken => so Raxxla is unaccessible.

We just need to wait players to fully scan all the asteroid belts.

While i'm writing this i just remember: the pulse wave analizer was at original state used for scan asteroids AND anomalies. But the release of the PWA were at same time as the Codex?
Asteroid belts would make ideal hiding candidates as us explorers get 0 credits for scanning them. So, there is literally no incentive to do so. I do it more so for completionist/accurate mining info on the public databases. The same can be said for rings.

Based on the 2296 start of the rumor, based on the Tau Ceti tourist beacon discovery happened sometime between 2159 (Tau Ceti self-sufficiency) and 2296. Now this was the slow expansion period (generation ships and the beginning of megaships from large corporations and governments with the very first "slow hyperspace" drives (hours to weeks between systems). So, it is near Sol and there are few options that allow for much else. Even hyperspace probes would get so far they couldn't retransmit in time for the rumor to get going by 2296 unless you invoke faster than light communications. We didn't Faraway until 2800 (which is centuries after Raxxla myth goes mainstream).

Source: https://canonn.science/lore/drewwagar-hyperspace/
Hyperspace was available long before 2800. It was used on probes as early as the 2130s.
Achenar was colonized at about the time of the 2296 log of Raxxla, so the radius of operation was far outside Sol's closest neighbors.

Hyperspace was available long before 2800. It was used on probes as early as the 2130s.
Achenar was colonized at about the time of the 2296 log of Raxxla, so the radius of operation was far outside Sol's closest neighbors.
That's still a hell of lot of systems. Really hoping the gazettes from First Encounters ultimately yield some clues. Specifically, that 70,000 figure for generation ships isn't something FDev pulled from thin air. All the systems in the First Encounters gazette where Bubbles (aka generation ships) were built are in the game under the identical name. I have a list of four systems I need to go visit that will hopefully either approximate direction these launched in, target systems, or similar types of info. Project Dynasty wasn't the only one interested in long duration voyages to the fringes of civilized space (though I'd argue most of the ones that are known fit the profile of the crew being sacrificed to keep the project under wraps). Even knowing the approximate zones the generation ships were sent would be huge boon for the Raxxla hunt as we might be able to at least make some sort of educated guess about where the discovery happened. I still think the pirate cache mention on the Tornvquist journal will be important as well as the journal being from Tau Ceti itself.

NOTE: Whatever the Mars Artifact was, clearly left an impression on whomever found it. It the discovery of Raxxla happened in the generation ship era, someone was deeply scared of what they found. One other thing, let's hypothetically say Marlin Duval was somehow privy to what the Mars Artifact was, that means INRA or its pre-cursor organization(s) came from this same era, too.

Last edited:
I played Frontier and FFE a long time ago and don't remember at all what was there on Triton.
At least in FE2, pretty much nothing.
FE2Triton1.jpg

FE2Triton2.jpg

FE2Triton3.jpg

At least in FE2, pretty much nothing.
I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what it is: FE2 ?
There's Frontier and I don't even remember Targoids there.
There's FFE and there they are.

What game are you talking about? In fact Frontier Elite 2 is not really interesting in terms of theme.

triton.jpeg

I was under the impression that the sol system was more or less directly imported from older games, but the elements in Elite Dangerous do not seem to match. Would it be possibly for someone with access to the older games to post the elements for mercury, venus, and ceres as well to see how they compare to ED?

Looking at Triton's Elements in ED sparked an idea why it might be permit locked. The negative inclination, and negative orbital period might have broken some aspect of how things work/are updated in real time in game on the surface, and fixing it was not practical for whatever reason. So to avoid the problem they added the permit lock. Normally inclination is between 0 and 180.

View attachment 274421
I was under the impression that the sol system was more or less directly imported from older games, but the elements in Elite Dangerous do not seem to match. Would it be possibly for someone with access to the older games to post the elements for mercury, venus, and ceres as well to see how they compare to ED?

Looking at Triton's Elements in ED sparked an idea why it might be permit locked. The negative inclination, and negative orbital period might have broken some aspect of how things work/are updated in real time in game on the surface, and fixing it was not practical for whatever reason. So to avoid the problem they added the permit lock. Normally inclination is between 0 and 180.
So, Triton is one of the really weird moons of the Sol System. It likely started out as Kuiper Belt Object and was gravitationally captured by Neptune.

Apparently it wasn't always Permit Locked. Perhaps someone in from the start can confirm? Do we know when it was locked? Might shed light on why.

Apparently it wasn't always Permit Locked. Perhaps someone in from the start can confirm? Do we know when it was locked? Might shed light on why.
I think it was locked as soon as Horizons was released. Before Horizon there were no planets/moons with a permit. We couldn't land anyway.

I havnt seen much of the reading into of the below places being sprung to action, they are also mentioned in the codex and there locations/hypothosis/storys may help in our search, there is one key thing about them all, each one was tied in around Ethiopia during a very close stage in the Seventeenth century, Astrophel and spiraling stars are somewhat referred to as the Seven stars of the Pleiades and may hint at the "Seventeenth century link and may also include other refences such as the Seven cities of gold in El Dorado and the Seven towers of Atlantis etc etc.

Also another place also with links to the above, there also is a system named the same and it references Delphi etc and not to far from Achenar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperborea

Last edited:
What do they all have in common? None of them existed.

All of them were myths that blew up out of control on no basis of fact.
And for now so is Raxxla both for us and by in game Lore Raxxla is the space equivalent....The point being the only clues we have are in the Codex and these 3 places are mentioned

Top Bottom