Your hypotheses are as valid as anyone elses. The fun lies in then testing them out for yourself.

FD seem to have a couple of systems where they didnt stick to the body numbering scheme, maybe a hint..only they know what are hunts and what is obfuscation. It all needs testing!
Good hunting!

I made some experiments:
Flying in normal Space aiming away from a Station towards its orbital center will eventually get you out of the SOI of that Station. There are the things that can happen now.
1.) Getting in the SOI from another Station (the SOI "Nav" panel will the show that Station)
2.) You get in the SHIPPING LANE whit nonzero relative velocity too the stations and the SOIs around you (have a look at the distances to the stations) and you are fast some times even put u back in one of the SOIs
3.) You hit the SOI of Pareco Comet 2. the SOI panel will show SHIPPING LANE, but your Ship is stationary relative to the other SOIs

To confirm i dropped right at Pareco Comet 2 by directly targeting it and i had the same result. I was stationary relative to the Stations but had SHIPING LANE showing as my reference Body. I then flew 50km ~perpendicular too the orbital plane (just giving upwards trust) and the SOI stayed at SHIPPING LANE but i got instant rel. vel. to the Stations.

TLDR: SHIPPING LANE can obstruct the real reference Body.
Talking of Pareco, did anyone try bouncing around the 6 stations in the segmented hex pattern from the Raxxla logo in the Codex?
Maybe that unlocks the center point?

Talking of Pareco, did anyone try bouncing around the 6 stations in the segmented hex pattern from the Raxxla logo in the Codex?
Doh, that’s too obvious!
But the logo can’t be a clue, as you kindly pointed out recently “there will be no clues”!! 🧐😁

I may give that a try, once Ive fitted a new fusion reactor to my ship (new pc psu!) - hopefully arriving tomorrow, if I survive babysitting the 4 & 8 year old grandkids 😱

Doh, that’s too obvious!
But the logo can’t be a clue, as you kindly pointed out recently “there will be no clues”!! 🧐😁

I may give that a try, once Ive fitted a new fusion reactor to my ship (new pc psu!) - hopefully arriving tomorrow, if I survive babysitting the 4 & 8 year old grandkids 😱
Honestly, I'm gonna be soooo mad if it turns out that there WAS a clue and that I solved it 🤪

I'll probably swing by there tonight, just to see if anything happens.

Fingers crossed your powerplant shows up tomorrow - I know how frustrating waiting for upgrades is 😁

I made a cobra III just to look for weird stuff around Lave. So far it's been interesting; no weird sounds at that bar also didn't have a recon limpet to hack the point there.

18236dc759869-screenshotUrl.jpg

Sorry to interrupt discussion, just a quick question: Has the "codex/exploration" system, that shows a lagrange cloud in front of 2 celestial bodies, been identified yet?

Honestly, I'm gonna be soooo mad if it turns out that there WAS a clue and that I solved it 🤪

I'll probably swing by there tonight, just to see if anything happens.

Fingers crossed your powerplant shows up tomorrow - I know how frustrating waiting for upgrades is 😁
Well, ordered through Amazon & should arrive today. But whether I’m up to installing it after looking after grandkids for 6 hours is another question!

Edt: it’s not an upgrade, it’s a repair. The old psu seems to be dead. Tried disconnecting all the cables and the bent paperclip trick across the 24 way green & black wires, still dead. Some of the mobo is lighting so not totally dead. Suspect a capacitor has died on one of the outputs since I’ve had intermittent restarts for a week or so, most often within a couple of minutes of power up.

Just having a nice calm morning coffee before Hurricane Kids arrive(s)...
Where did I put that valium....

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt discussion, just a quick question: Has the "codex/exploration" system, that shows a lagrange cloud in front of 2 celestial bodies, been identified yet?
Not as far as Im aware, but may not be the right thread to ask; might be better in exploration forum.

And may not be a real location. Ever since Guardian bases were found through interpretation of the teaser video FD seem to have avoided giving away anything by visual clues.
Besides...”there will be no clues” 😉

Last edited:
I did a search in one of the databases, found some crystalline life within the bubble, but have not gotten too far into the list yet.

Screenshot_20220726-091419_Chrome.jpg

Today I verified (more for myself) that a discovery ie star system does not sho up until it has been discovered. Though you can find systems in game, Inara will not search the system until it has been found.

This is huge, even in the game if something is not scanned it does not show up (bodies within a system). This pushes the potential of Raxxla's site to not have been found potentially because it shows as a signature that people are less likely to scan or that certain actions are required in order for the frequency to populate.

This does follow several popular ideas.

FDev said no clue's. But what if they out right said how to find it...

Who all has tried 7-9 jumps counter clockwise around Lave in a cobra 3?

@Jorki Rasalas Thanks for the reply. I do believe it's a real location, but i'm certainly not expecting to find Raxxla there, just a blueish lagrange cloud close to two planets/moons...
@Ataxia I did try some systems via edsm search within some 500+ ly around Sol, all of them had lagrange clouds around their star though, not around a planet or moon...

Now, i did a bit of "mapping" certain star constellations and notable single bright stars in the famous high-resolution wallpaper of the codex entry we all know and love...
And i am currently in the system "Apam Napat", which so far yields the best result of matching the stars/constellations in the skybox with those on the wallpaper... but no stellar phenomenon found :'( There are even a few gas giants with moons around them, some of them even orbiting each other... but nothing...

Attachments

• Elite_codex_wallpaper.jpg
    Elite_codex_wallpaper.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 75
@Jorki Rasalas Thanks for the reply. I do believe it's a real location, but i'm certainly not expecting to find Raxxla there, just a blueish lagrange cloud close to two planets/moons...
@Ataxia I did try some systems via edsm search within some 500+ ly around Sol, all of them had lagrange clouds around their star though, not around a planet or moon...

Now, i did a bit of "mapping" certain star constellations and notable single bright stars in the famous high-resolution wallpaper of the codex entry we all know and love...
And i am currently in the system "Apam Napat", which so far yields the best result of matching the stars/constellations in the skybox with those on the wallpaper... but no stellar phenomenon found :'( There are even a few gas giants with moons around them, some of them even orbiting each other... but nothing...
Looking at the image again, what if it's from a 3rd moon or planet in a 'trinary' kind of orbit. I know for sure there aren't too many of those around.

Also do you know if it's possible to get an image of the systems in 500ly around sol mapped out to look at? Ugh it's such an easy problem for 3308, but for 21 century fools technology just isn't as... friendly.

I'm on a sojourn out of the bubble at the moment so will work on my list some more when I get back and hopefully I'll have my name on a few new discoveries.

Today I verified (more for myself) that a discovery ie star system does not sho up until it has been discovered. Though you can find systems in game, Inara will not search the system until it has been found.

This is huge, even in the game if something is not scanned it does not show up (bodies within a system). This pushes the potential of Raxxla's site to not have been found potentially because it shows as a signature that people are less likely to scan or that certain actions are required in order for the frequency to populate.

This does follow several popular ideas.
Dont think I follow I your logic here, though it is early and my breakfast coffee has not yet taken effect.
We do not have access to the in-game star database other than via the galmap search bar. I think Inara and other third party tools rely on the EDSM database that contains a player-reported view of the galaxy; they cannot search the in-game database. FD say we have only discovered a small fraction of the in-game galaxy. It is likely that many systems discovered by players in-game were not reported to EDSM since that is a voluntary activity, though other tools such as EDDiscovery automate that reporting process and I highly recommend it.

FDev said no clue's. But what if they out right said how to find it...

Who all has tried 7-9 jumps counter clockwise around Lave in a cobra 3?
Pretty sure that was an early hoax.. certainly in E84 no such thing existed in the code which been analysed (the original source code is available)

@Rochester: two people in Independent Raxxla Hunters discord/dark wheel invitation are saying they know of a pilot who has found the Dark wheel; not clear if they mean the station or the group. Nor if its a valid claim. Someone later seems to be disputing claimed visual evidence...

View attachment 315763
Fascinating, it’s early and I’ve only just had my morning cup of tea…

*Mid-morning rant redacted.

On the standard of probability used for testing such information I assume this may naturally fall into the hogwash bucket, because where information is intentionally and publicly broadcasted as hoarded, said sources reliability generally becomes suspicious.

Photos or it never happened.

A01FEA77-EDA8-46B6-9EAC-7B14510C9916.gif

Last edited:
Tionisla, do we have a line on the encrypted data or relay points in this system?
If your referring to "the Vain Queen" then this is the Salome story arc. which was closed a long time ago. It points to the heart and soul nebula and eventually an abandoned ship was discovered etc.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Just to say that from conversations I've had with Morningstar, they also believe fan fiction and PMFs are canon.

We may have done during the 3 Buckyball Races we've had there :)

Top Bottom