Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Yes, some people go OTT over what they consider to be ED lore. Not helped by FD apparent lore changes with little/no explanation!
Oh indeed. It was much better when the game started and we thought we knew the things that they had retconned from previous lore. But now we have compounded on top of that, that things have been retconned within the lore of the current game.
I have no real idea of what's what any more :)

Oh indeed. It was much better when the game started and we thought we knew the things that they had retconned from previous lore. But now we have compounded on top of that, that things have been retconned within the lore of the current game.
I have no real idea of what's what any more :)
Nor me!
But then I‘m almost in my dotage - I achieve my three score and ten on Saturday.
All gifts of Lavian Brandy gratefully received!

Was that not @GURU-951 if so you can just ask him here?
They’re not saying who this time, so I dont think it’s Guru again. There was some mention of visual evidence involving Guardian stuff, which alone makes me suspicious, since I think its likely not that far out-TDW has been “in existence since the earliest days of space travel” (a hint it started in the old worlds, possibly Sol) and an early space station wouldnt have travelled far. So I agree it’s likely to be hogwash. Was just reporting this to @Rochester, who had some TDW-related dialogue with FD.

Raxxla is what's been retconned along the way?
No, I don’t think so. The retconning related to the Thargoids & Col70 etc, IIRC (I suspect goids were originally intended for Bovomit, but the FRift received too much attention so they changed their location. Nothing has ever been said about Raxxla, other than in the livestreams etc that I reported in my FD quotes thread.

Of course it’s always possible that Raxxla has been retconned, but since nothing has been said to link it to any lore then there would have been no reason to do so. The only reference in this respect is that Drew Wagar (I think, though it might have been Allen Stroud) said it appeared in FD’s internal alien lore manual which is secret and covered under NDA. Edit: just checking my notes, it was Drew.

Last edited:
They’re not saying who this time, so I dont think it’s Guru again. There was some mention of visual evidence involving Guardian stuff, which alone makes me suspicious, since I think its likely not that far out-TDW has been “in existence since the earliest days of space travel” (a hint it started in the old worlds, possibly Sol) and an early space station wouldnt have travelled far. So I agree it’s likely to be hogwash. Was just reporting this to @Rochester, who had some TDW-related dialogue with FD.
There is not enough information to establish a positive correlation. However there is an on going discussion around ‘guidance’.

I can’t attribute any opinion on any particular Cmdrs statements only the evidence provided.

I’m always willing to entertain any concept but one has to draw the line at unsupported statements. More information is needed.

Last edited:
Fascinating, it’s early and I’ve only just had my morning cup of tea…

*Mid-morning rant redacted.

On the standard of probability used for testing such information I assume this may naturally fall into the hogwash bucket, because where information is intentionally and publicly broadcasted as hoarded, said sources reliability generally becomes suspicious.

Photos or it never happened.

View attachment 315765
In their defense...

Everything pretty much points to 'follow the missions'

So I will ve further looking into this, I mean c'mon what else can you call those 'tips' except story mode missions.

Has anyone completed them all?

In their defense...

So I will ve further looking into this, I mean c'mon what else can you call those 'tips' except story mode missions.

Not denying anyones suggestions, anything is plausible, we know nothing; my post was in reaction to the ‘I have a secret but I’m not telling’ sentiment presented.

However which missions are we discussing?

If it is the tip off missions via the mysterious stranger! I hazard a guess, from the information provided on these forums that said tip offs are auto generated in every system and are not specific to any particular faction, but all factions where the Cmdr becomes aligned.

I agree the missions ought to be the most logical step to take, but these tip offs occur everywhere to everyone. It would be more logical to lock an invite to Elite status and potentially one particular system.

I agree they do fall into the bit obvious category and whence next I engage with missions I’ll give them a go, but the majority of Cmdrs seem to report nothing in particular occurs with these or they are bugged.

Following the missions as stated by David Braben is a hang over from the older method of play which I highly suspect has been obliterated through various updates. You then have to ask ‘which missions’?

I recently obtained a secondary account and tried to resign my intent and only ‘follow’ the missions, in respect of generic station missions. Generally they lead nowhere and just took me a few light year hither and thither with no alliance progress or they forced me into combat and illegal activity, which I wasn’t interested in pursuing.

I presume if this function was in game then it likely ought to be ‘everywhere’ as every Cmdr has already received the invite, it’s in your training manual…so the logical assumption is it’s those tip off missions, which only kick in after you become aligned, and if we interpret the DW correctly the DW is literally everywhere and they could be anybody, and will never reveal themselves ever…

Which is why I attempted to interrogate the logic behind the invite and the codex and FD Support channel; who did respond that such invites were not currently active (namely the DW invite).

On that assumption I was trying to assess how worthwhile it was to engage with these tip off missions and certain factions…not that those results are definitive, it’s subjective but obviously very likely a total waste of time.

Is it possible one has to to go ‘above and beyond’ the rankings and stick with 1 faction or is it specific to a certain location?

I’ve not generally complied to normal gameplay, which is why ED is so attractive for me, and which is obvious from DB statement of ‘we got it wrong’ that FD didn’t really understand player behaviour since launch.

If said function is in game it ought to be very obvious. But my suspicion is the tip offs are simply filler, like chained missions. But next time I’m granted one I’ll attempt to grind that faction…. But I always find other shinier things grab my attention sadly.

4417FF41-80F1-4D18-AF0B-E7609AD9DD20.gif

Last edited:
In their defense...

Cmdr Djadjok investigated the mysterious stranger tip off missions pretty exhaustively! Look up e.g.:

@Rochester : might be worth concentrating on tip offs in Shinrarta? The “personal journey” statement IMHO only makes sense if the journey takes us there for a reason-either Raxxla is there or a clue to it is.

Not denying anyones suggestions, anything is plausible, we know nothing; my post was in reaction to the ‘I have a secret but I’m not telling’ sentiment presented.

However which missions are we discussing?

If it is the tip off missions via the mysterious stranger! I hazard a guess, from the information provided on these forums that said tip offs are auto generated in every system and are not specific to any particular faction, but all factions where the Cmdr becomes aligned.

I agree the missions ought to be the most logical step to take, but these tip offs occur everywhere to everyone. It would be more logical to lock an invite to Elite status and potentially one particular system.

I agree they do fall into the bit obvious category and whence next I engage with missions I’ll give them a go, but the majority of Cmdrs seem to report nothing in particular occurs with these or they are bugged.

Following the missions as stated by David Braben is a hang over from the older method of play which I highly suspect has been obliterated through various updates. You then have to ask ‘which missions’?

I recently obtained a secondary account and tried to resign my intent and only ‘follow’ the missions, in respect of generic station missions. Generally they lead nowhere and just took me a few light year hither and thither with no alliance progress or they forced me into combat and illegal activity, which I wasn’t interested in pursuing.

I presume if this function was in game then it likely ought to be ‘everywhere’ as every Cmdr has already received the invite, it’s in your training manual…so the logical assumption is it’s those tip off missions, which only kick in after you become aligned, and if we interpret the DW correctly the DW is literally everywhere and they could be anybody, and will never reveal themselves ever…

Which is why I attempted to interrogate the logic behind the invite and the codex and FD Support channel; who did respond that such invites were not currently active (namely the DW invite). On that assumption I was trying to assess how worthwhile it was to engage with the tip off missions and certain factions…

Is it possible one has to to go ‘above and beyond’ the rankings and stick with 1 faction or is it specific to a certain location?

I’ve not generally complied to normal gameplay, which is why ED is so attractive for me, and which is obvious from DB statement of ‘we got it wrong’ that FD didn’t really understand player behaviour since launch.

If said function is in game it ought to be very obvious. But my suspicion is the tip offs are simply filler, like chained missions. But next time I’m granted one I’ll attempt to grind that faction…. But I always find other shinier things grab my attention sadly.

View attachment 315898
Tip-off missions weren't present in the game at release. They were added post-Horizons, so it seems unlikely that they're related to either TDW or Raxxla.

Tip-off missions weren't present in the game at release. They were added post-Horizons, so it seems unlikely that they're related to either TDW or Raxxla.
My point entirely. I meant to cover that, but was loosing the will to live, long day at work..post rant.

I haven’t checked page 1 of this thread in a while, maybe that ought to be identified there too to stop these arbitrary recurring ideas?

Last edited:
1659120338044.png

Did I read it wrong or did I just visit after you guys?

And if you follow the link here is his Dark Wheel Squadron...

1659120486502.png

1659120550693.png

And I don't see anyone disagreeing with him....

Last edited:
Strange that system "PMD2009 48" appears here and now.
The system just popped up in some, eh, let's say, "general data mining activity".
The system is not very special as this algorithm yields approx. 1000 systems.
The results of this algorithm didn't look particularly helpful. :ROFLMAO:
So I suspected another dead end.
But maybe I should give these results another look at some time...
Gaaaargh.png

View attachment 315917

Did I read it wrong or did I just visit after you guys?

And if you follow the link here is his Dark Wheel Squadron...

View attachment 315919

View attachment 315920

And I don't see anyone disagreeing with him....
So what, then? He created a squadron called Dark Wheel and has invited some friends to it. Just a bit of RP for him. Nothing to it as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom