Very interesting consideration. Since it is found in the hyperspace jump it makes me wonder if that is a clue that you target it with a jump. That is to say, it's in a line from a star system (for example Sol) to the Guardian Galaxy. It is visible right in the Gal Map, but from manipulating the Gal Map it is very difficult to assess what direction it is in... from say Sol.

However, it is also visible in live in-game play. From in-game play, it is very easy to set a vector straight towards it. Since it is visible in-game, by guess-selecting star systems you can go in and see if the guess-selection target is pointing straight at the Guardian Galaxy.... Very interesting.

View attachment 384030
If the lower left white area (in my pic above) is indeed the Guardian Galaxy, then it appears to be at the lower side of the Milky Way galaxy plane. The last star , closest to there is at or around PRUAE DRYAE AI-Q D6-0 an F8 White star at 2,058 Ly from Alpha Centauri. 30 Jumps with my Anaconda.

If the lower left white area (in my pic above) is indeed the Guardian Galaxy, then it appears to be at the lower side of the Milky Way galaxy plane. The last star , closest to there is at or around PRUAE DRYAE AI-Q D6-0 an F8 White star at 2,058 Ly from Alpha Centauri. 30 Jumps with my Anaconda.
The two galaxies are the Magellanic clouds. They have always been in the sky box and were added as background for the launcher with the last major release.

The clouds are dwarf galaxies and technically part of the Milky way. The are outside of the region we can target in the galmap.
Lore vise the LMC or SMC could well be the original home of the Thargoids. We know the Guardians evolved near the Regor sector. Thy are not form the SMC. Only possibility there, is that some of them escaped there.
In game, we have no way of checking any of this. We don't even know if there are actual systems in the MCs. The could be just images in the sky box / galmap.

It's not entirely unreasonable to think that a portal (alien construct / Omphalos rift) on Raxxla could be a gateway to one or both the MCs. That just leaves us with the problem of finding Raxxla again. 😁

Not seen it mentioned here yet, but for those of that think Shamash/Nefertem are important, Rhea is pretty close to those two locations.
1708333294283.png

Prince Hermann Ludwig Heinrich von Pückler-Muskau, the author of the word fernweh also dallied in landscape gardening!

IMG_9289.jpeg

He was; as some have previously identified, buried in an earthen pyramid in the middle on an ornamental lake. Technically an example of an earth Tumulus. Another word for these types of burial mounds is a barrow.

IMG_9475.jpeg

In Celtic traditions such mounds were thought of as possible entrances to the Otherworld.

Such a link is tenuous at best, but it seems fitting considering the level of metaphor and allegory going on in the Codex.

I don’t believe the term fernweh was chosen at random.

I certainly believe that the image of the station garden in game, above is a reference to a Miltonian model universe, and it exists in game. How it ties together is an altogether different dilemma.

Last edited:
It's not entirely unreasonable to think that a portal (alien construct / Omphalos rift) on Raxxla could be a gateway to one or both the MCs. That just leaves us with the problem of finding Raxxla again. 😁
Indeed. There is a very specific reason those two galaxies were added to the launcher and not some random nebula.
(the "Thargoid marker" / "Barnacle tag" overlays on the LMC; the guardians are still hanging back for now)
-the main image for elite was barnards loop for a long time; it's how we are shown where to look.

The "witchspace whisper" is 99.99% one part of the puzzle and it needs decoding if we are to find raxxla.
(might not be a coincidence witchhead was the first bridgehead they established)

Finding raxxla by sheer luck (as per the anecdote) only becomes viable after piling up the clues.

In any case, in time all will be clear. :D

Indeed. There is a very specific reason those two galaxies were added to the launcher and not some random nebula.
(the "Thargoid marker" / "Barnacle tag" overlays on the LMC; the guardians are still hanging back for now)
-the main image for elite was barnards loop for a long time; it's how we are shown where to look.

The "witchspace whisper" is 99.99% one part of the puzzle and it needs decoding if we are to find raxxla.
(might not be a coincidence witchhead was the first bridgehead they established)

Finding raxxla by sheer luck (as per the anecdote) only becomes viable after piling up the clues.

In any case, in time all will be clear. :D

Yes, and the fact that the Small MC is in fact dead center on the launcher is most telling to me at least. Hard to think it is just a random choice. I mean, if I was going to place these two galactic clouds in the launcher, then I would place them so that center would be dead smack between them, but that is not the case. Clearly the SMC is the photographic center point if you will. Interesting.

By the way, I did jump to the last star systems in the Milky Way that are closest to the SMC. Nothing usual, but I would have to have more clues leading me to search for something or some place there. Also, these "closest" star systems are almost directly below the center of the bubble. In the 30 jumps going there I ran across two undiscovered systems and returning a slightly different route I found another non-discovered star system. That is 3 undiscovered star systems in just 60 jumps. This tells me there is likely hundreds if not thousands of undiscovered star systems in the bubble region depending on how you define the "the bubble".

Haven't found anything 0.1 ly out yet.
Were you checking in the system or around the system? I believe the exact distance was 3,155,760 ls from the Tionisla graveyard. Although the only thing at the spot of the graveyard is the Curious partially decrypted beacon POI. I'm not sure which direction to go from it!

Were you checking in the system or around the system? I believe the exact distance was 3,155,760 ls from the Tionisla graveyard. Although the only thing at the spot of the graveyard is the Curious partially decrypted beacon POI. I'm not sure which direction to go from it!

Accept that the graveyard ("the cemetery") was stated as being "always between the plant and its star". The POI is on the other side of the planet. At least right now it is and at best it orbits the planet. So, it doesn't seem like the POI is a marker for the graveyard, but who knows? It doesn't hurt to consider.

As to which direction to go... that is the million dollar question. Even Rafe Zetter could get off course so, you would think he would have set up his home in a manner that he could target his ship on something. But what? And since Rafe would have traveled there from the sun as his common point of origin it makes you wonder if the graveyard had been very close to the sun - perhaps in the asteroid clusters which are very close to the sun. And of course, there is no direct evidence that ED even added his home to the game.

ADDITIONAL:
If you travel in SC you will be going over 1,800 times the speed of light at 0.1 ly's so you would probably need to slow down when passing through the target range. If the game really wanted to be a pain in the rear you would need to fall out of light speed at that point. Knowing Rafe though, he probably would have had a short range transponder.

BTW: I tried going from the POI to Fortuna but found nothing.

Last edited:
Accept that the graveyard ("the cemetery") was stated as being "always between the plant and its star". The POI is on the other side of the planet. At least right now it is and at best it orbits the planet. So, it doesn't seem like the POI is a marker for the graveyard, but who knows? It doesn't hurt to consider.

As to which direction to go... that is the million dollar question. Even Rafe Zetter could get off course so, you would think he would have set up his home in a manner that he could target his ship on something. But what? And since Rafe would have traveled there from the sun as his common point of origin it makes you wonder if the graveyard had been very close to the sun - perhaps in the asteroid clusters which are very close to the sun. And of course, there is no direct evidence that ED even added his home to the game.

ADDITIONAL:
If you travel in SC you will be going over 1,800 times the speed of light at 0.1 ly's so you would probably need to slow down when passing through the target range. If the game really wanted to be a pain in the rear you would need to fall out of light speed at that point. Knowing Rafe though, he probably would have had a short range transponder.

BTW: I tried going from the POI to Fortuna but found nothing.

I chose a route from the POI and headed towards Lave. Lave being the home system for Galcop, unless that lore has changed? The game was difficult, as when you reach 3,100,000ls it changes to 0.10ly so it's not exact. I found nothing either. No signal sources or gravitational anomalies. I sorta hoped a Gravitational pull would be that massive, you'd get pulled out of super cruise.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: D7
I chose a route from the POI and headed towards Lave. Lave being the home system for Galcop, unless that lore has changed? The game was difficult, as when you reach 3,100,000ls it changes to 0.10ly so it's not exact. I found nothing either. No signal sources or gravitational anomalies. I sorta hoped a Gravitational pull would be that massive, you'd get pulled out of super cruise.
Lave was next on my list to do. I'll try Lave from the asteroids and report back! If I was going to put my home way the heck out there in a manner that you had to go radar blind for most of the way, then I would choose a ship positional target easy to recall or pull up - like Sag A or Sol, but alas, no cigars on those.

Lave was next on my list to do. I'll try Lave from the asteroids and report back! If I was going to put my home way the heck out there in a manner that you had to go radar blind for most of the way, then I would choose a ship positional target easy to recall or pull up - like Sag A or Sol, but alas, no cigars on those.

I'm going to try going from the POI to another system supposedly linked to Raxxla in SC tomorrow and report back.
Edit: Thought I'd give Soontil a try, but its not directly navigational from Tionisla graveyard POI

Last edited:
What gives me pause about this whole idea is that the game didn't even bother to put the Graveyard in Tionisla. If they were going to place Rafe's Anaconda in the game, you'd think they would have placed the graveyard. I'll look at a few more targets over time, but I am not going to go much more beyond that. It would have been a great idea to leave some clues behind in Rafe's Conda, and fun to discover. But alas, and again, it seems like ED doesn't thrill its audience with thoughtful methods of discovery and intrigue. JMHO--

Last edited:
What gives me pause about this whole idea is that the game didn't even bother to put the Graveyard in Tionisla. If they were going to place Rafe's Anaconda in the game, you'd think they would have placed the graveyard. I'll look at a few more targets over time, but I am not going to go much more beyond that. It would have been a great idea to leave some clues behind in Rafe's Conda, and fun to discover. But alas, and again, it seems like ED doesn't thrill its audience with thoughtful methods of discovery and intrigue. JMHO--
I feel it's a good course, worth looking in to anything in super cruise towards any system that's 0.1ly from The graveyard. Even if t just to eliminate the possibility. I've just tried Diso, the only other lore specific locations are going towards Leesti and Uszaa. There may be other less lore worthy(or overlooked) locations within 1 jump that we might not consider.

Last edited:
You might want to take one of these

I finally got one! WOOP WOOP! 8 days of patience, going to space jail and one Mexican cruise I finally got it! I've picked up a bunch of Guardian artefacts and now I'm hunting for a few Thargoid items. I picked up Trinkets of Unknown Fortune and scrapped the hunt for AI Relics.
Before I bring the FC out to the Landscape Signal, are there any more recommendations for items to bring out? Just a reminder, I'm bringing items out to see if traversing the systems around the L. Signal with said items will trigger an event.

I still see you, Bird:

First thing I thought of when seeing your new graphic - the Mayan hieroglyphs 👀

Going down a deeper rabbit hole:
The macaw and quetzal were important figures in Mayan culture.
24055597864_44011e2ca3_z.jpg
W1109-Copan-Screaming-Bird-on-Structure-10-500x375.jpg

The graphic also resembles some headdresses depicted in Mayan art or the partial profile of a Mayan's face with a headdress.
Incidentally the Rhea (aka. ñandú guazu) is a flightless bird of South America.

Tangentially, the codex refers to myths like El Dorado and Prester John. That got me thinking about the ancient Muisca people. Like the El Dorado wiki explains, the account of an appointment of a new ruler with a ceremony of discarding gold items into Lake Guatavita seems similar to Prester John ruling a kingdom of "riches, marvels and strange creatures".

The spanish Quest of El Dorado poem talks about "An alien Indian, hailing from afar," which, given their terms for foreign ethnicities, could be a link in the codex with Prester John, who was also a king of the east (ie. a foreign / distant land). This also shares a link with an unfortunate European interpretation of Atlantis being related to Mayan culture.

Despite the dark discriminatory implications, if you look at these myths, they all seem to derive from a colonial perspective of yearning to find a more advanced / prosperous / glorious ancient progenitor culture that came before current "lesser" cultures.

Perhaps it is symbolic of what Raxxla could be? You could infer that Raxxla is the most advanced element of ED, and if it is unique from all the alien races we know of, then it would fit with the idea of a progenitor civilisation.

Back
Top Bottom