Haha quality. I have finished them all just waiting on book 6 to come out on audiobook (25th next month) thats an eternity in skippy time!

The narrator definitely makes it. I like that skippy judges the collective human intelligence on the fact we created windows Vista.

Anyway I fear we're flying off topic but o7 for for listening to those books!

Could be one of the most compelling arguments I've seen in a while. Who knows? Perhaps Raxxla is the Guardian's home world?

Hmm... in their latter days their homeworld became the power base for their emerging religion. It wasn't completely anti-technology, but probably sufficiently so for it very unlikely for it to be Raxxla as we know it.

Having said that, there's no reason why it may not have become Raxxla after the mainstream Guardians were wiped out - there's not telling what might of been done subsequently by their AI, or by the technophile section of their society which was exiled in their first civil war.

Also, it's always possible that the Raxxla myth is a distortion of some of their religious beliefs. We're light on details other than it was centred around biology and nature, but that would quite conceivably result in their place of origin being considered a special place.

Could be one of the most compelling arguments I've seen in a while. Who knows? Perhaps Raxxla is the Guardian's home world?

"...and all that’s in those Universes in the way of bounty, and treasures, and aliens, and life..."

I wouldn't necessarily say it is the Guardian homeworld, but based on that quote, to me, it seems Guardians, Goids, and humans are able to co-exist there? It says, aliens, plural, and life, as in human? I'm assuming civilizations had a means to get in and back out.

Also, when the Thargoids and Guardians were at war with one another, Guardians tried to understand the Thargoids in an effort to being able to communicate and bring peace, but have we tried to use Thargoid items (Artifact, links, etc) at the guardian sites/ruins?

Scytale

Banned
I hope Raxxla is not related to Guardians/Thargs, but another independent story-line. Anyway DB is the Boss, who knows (besides MB) what he has in mind?
So could be quite anything. I'm not even sure he will respect the RH's lore.

Wish we had some idea as to what will tell us when we've found it. Be it a "one of these things is not like the others" scenario, if the name Raxxla shows up after the planet gets scanned, or a bunch of npcs flying around in a system in the middle of all nowhere. Just something that, without telling us where to look, tells us what to look out for. Cause as far as I know, Raxxla may as well have been the frozen moon I scanned three days ago.

Scytale

Banned
Showing the name would be quite inconsistent. How could our explo computer know about "Raxxla" ? But I can imagine dozens of already-in-game mechanics to make us know we hit the target.

I just realized how dumb i am. Obviously if people are living on Raxxla, then it'll either be an earth-like, terraformed, or both. And if it's terraformed while still being out of inhabited space, that might be what gives it away.

I just realized how dumb i am. Obviously if people are living on Raxxla, then it'll either be an earth-like, terraformed, or both. And if it's terraformed while still being out of inhabited space, that might be what gives it away.

People live on planets without atmospheres - they just do it inside boxes.
Raxxla probably isn't a gas giant though.

People live on planets without atmospheres - they just do it inside boxes.
Raxxla probably isn't a gas giant though.

True, but then again it supposedly predates horizons. So if we exclude landable planets, where a detailed surface scan would reveal any settlements/ outposts on the surface map, I can't really think of any other way to confirm that you had found it. The system map might tell you that there's a population, but that covers the system, not the individual planets. Not to mention all the supposed secrecy would mean that the population data would be locked from the navigation computers, hence, the terraformed planet that shouldn't be there is Raxxla.

Fdev have said raxxla has been "honked" !
Also there is now a guardian ai (he insists on being called skippy the magnificent) construct with a collectable "key" hhmmmmm

This seems to be fake news. It frequently is mentioned but nobody can find the oriignal source. The only pukka references to Raxxla are mentioned by Macros on the first page of this thread. If you can find an original FD source for this I’m sure he will update fp accordingly.

So, I just heard FDev have finally moved out of pre-production on Raxxla. 100 people working on it though so that is good news. Maybe they'll turn the missions back on soon? <ducks/>

Scytale

Banned
Wow ! I am so happy to pass from being a pre-alpha-chymera chaser to an alpha-chymera chaser ! Just a couple of years more for the full release of Raxxla ! [big grin]

Wow ! I am so happy to pass from being a pre-alpha-chymera chaser to an alpha-chymera chaser ! Just a couple of years more for the full release of Raxxla ! [big grin]

They'll be releasing Raxxla as a paid 'cosmetic' item in the Frontier store. No word yet on whether or not it will be free for Kickstarter backers or Lifetime Expansion Pass holders though ...

Possibly totally unrelated but some time ago I watched a vid of David Braben talking about hidden mysteries in the game, one hint he gave was that certain station names were a clue...I have no idea when or where this was, possibly during a London event but for the life of me I cant locate that vid...

Back
Top Bottom