Scytale

Banned
Point of Order!!!!
I may be old,with a poor memory, but I don’t think DB ever “confirmed there is a planet called Raxxla”.
Right, wise old man :) ... Any imaginable inconsistency with the official RH's lore coming from FD is always a heavy possibility. Who would deny ?
I can perfectly imagine Raxxla turning out not to be a planet inhabitaded by twisted people or even a certain celestial body. But, in this case, what a lack of respect for the RH's work to keep calling "it" Raxxla, isn't it ? IF they change the object, they should also change the name of the object.
For myself, the non canon "Oolite Raxxla" is the one which seduces me most. Witchspace. Eight interconnected portals across the MW, etc...

Are they really alien or are they frauds?
Good question, Doc. After all... who has really seen a Tharg in ED ?

Back from my circumnavigation in ~3weeks, good news is that I haven't found Raxxla,

Nothing new figured about the "Smurf Galaxy" ?

Last edited:
Ok, so we're not following up on the 'Utopia' lead? I mean, Utopia is a power in the game and is also a 'place that isn't a place'.

Just sayin...

The Antal's Utopia is interesting because it shows a human group with similar attitude towards technology as the Guardians that chose AI implants.
This group of Guardians were forcefully exiled and we have no records of what happened to them. We only know they were in a period of extremely rapid evolution, when the were banished from the greater Guardian society.

Antal talks about preserving the collective soul of our species(our memories) in the SIM-Archive: https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5adf3499b14e287e736eb6de

The Guardian exiles may have had similar ideas. As they were far more advanced than Utopia, they may have been able to 'upload' their entire conciseness and continue their 'lives' in the monolith network or in another artificial system.

Raxxla as an access point to this universe that isn't a place, could be an interesting option.

As a side note, we are seeing several reports of machines behaving suspiciously like they have developed free will. Could this be alien AI invading our technology, due to us messing with Guardian and Thargoid devices?

Right, wise old man :) ... Any imaginable inconsistency with the official RH's lore coming from FD is always a heavy possibility. Who would deny ?
I can perfectly imagine Raxxla turning out not to be a planet inhabitaded by twisted people or even a certain celestial body. But, in this case, what a lack of respect for the RH's work to keep calling "it" Raxxla, isn't it ? IF they change the object, they should also change the name of the object.
For myself, the non canon "Oolite Raxxla" is the one which seduces me most. Witchspace. Eight interconnected portals across the MW, etc...

Good question, Doc. After all... who has really seen a Tharg in ED ?

Nothing new figured about the "Smurf Galaxy" ?

This is the problem with retconning, you never know when it stops & what to believe, which FD never appear to lay down in hard print. Does detract from my immersion!

And good point, I still think what we are seeing is not really the Thargoids. You’d think with FD’s expertise in animating dinosaurs that they could manage realistic “insectoids, crustacean-like bodies, ridged and plated carapace mottled brown and yellow, with clawed limbs” (from OOTD)

And good point, I still think what we are seeing is not really the Thargoids. You’d think with FD’s expertise in animating dinosaurs that they could manage realistic “insectoids, crustacean-like bodies, ridged and plated carapace mottled brown and yellow, with clawed limbs” (from OOTD)

You would indeed. They do have that expertise on site and we have animated avatars in our cockpits and yet the octo-ships seems oddly empty.

vjzCkDD.png

I'm rewatching Battlestar Galactica season 1 at the moment and a couple of episodes ago Starbuck escaped being marooned on a moon by commandeering a Cylon Raider, a metal fuselage full of ligaments and goop. Maybe the Thargoid octo-ships are the same sort of bio-mechanical hybrid.

You would indeed. They do have that expertise on site and we have animated avatars in our cockpits and yet the octo-ships seems oddly empty.

I'm rewatching Battlestar Galactica season 1 at the moment and a couple of episodes ago Starbuck escaped being marooned on a moon by commandeering a Cylon Raider, a metal fuselage full of ligaments and goop. Maybe the Thargoid octo-ships are the same sort of bio-mechanical hybrid.

I've thought for a while now that the cyclops is a "thargoid" by creation/evolution, a creature, rather than a 'ship' piloted by an insectoid being.

Hopefully, time will tell, one way or the other.

Those two circles in the 'cockpit' look to much lie camera shutters to be a coincidence. Either these are the eyes of the ship or a stereoscopic camera for a pilot, deep inside the ship. Perhaps both.

Those two circles in the 'cockpit' look to much lie camera shutters to be a coincidence. Either these are the eyes of the ship or a stereoscopic camera for a pilot, deep inside the ship. Perhaps both.

I vote for eyes, and if so, hopefully Fdev can animate them at some point to really add to the creepiness...

Scytale

Banned
Could be "eyes". Not the best placement for stereoscopic and range finding/focusing sight (too narrow an angle).. but again....consistency :rolleyes:

They aren't always empty though. Sometimes (certainly in the early encounters) there are large spherical objects in there (over where the apertures are in the image above)

zzCAwXw.jpg

The pattern on the spheres is similar to that seen in the centre of the underneath of the crashed interceptors.

This is the problem with retconning, you never know when it stops & what to believe, which FD never appear to lay down in hard print. Does detract from my immersion!

Maybe the Thargoid ships we are seeing are flown by telepresence (as we do with slf). All the Thargs themselves stay on a mothership which remains in witchspace. With the way the Tharg tech seems to work, the ships we see are probably grown out of the mothership rather than carried by it.

Most likely Soontill was just a plot device in AHTW and will never do anything else.

The thargoids should know well where it is, after about one million UA have been dropped there to scan the system and the planets. :D

Not to mention the Tourist Beacon about the secret base. Oops, ninja'd by Scytale. Read entire thread, post later, think I would have learned by now.

I've thought for a while now that the cyclops is a "thargoid" by creation/evolution, a creature, rather than a 'ship' piloted by an insectoid being.

Hopefully, time will tell, one way or the other.

My thoughts as well. I don't think that the Thargoids ever developed spaceflight. I think they evolved it.

Would be amusing if the real thargoids are revealed to actually be the tiny blue “fireflies” & what we have been seeing are biomechanical bodies which they control....might make more sense of Halsey’s utterances.

You’ll have to refresh my memory. Seems vaguely familiar but I can’t place it.

Twilight Zone. Episode "To Serve Man".
Aliens arrive on Earth explaining that their only intention is to share their technology with us and serve man. The leave behind a book, written in their own language. Cryptographers attempt to translate it only to discover the meaning of the title "To Server Man". At the end of the episode one woman manages to decipher the text revealing that it is a cookbook.

Scytale

Banned
Perhaps we should try to communicate with the Form.. I mean the Thargs. Just to show them (her) we are sentient...
But ED lacks a Bureau of Sabotage and a Jorj X. McKie-like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom