The answer is obvious to me.

After all my research on the internet, reading all threads on this subject, reading the codex and using logic. I conclude that raxxla and the DW are not discoverable in game yet.

Last edited:

After all my research on the internet, reading all threads on this subject, reading the codex and using logic. I conclude that raxxla and the DW are not discoverable in game yet.

I think they are discoverable but by chance not by following the clues we currently have.

In page 3 of the "Lore Questions" thread with Drew, he is asked if there is a way for players to interact with TDW and/or The Club. His answer is to wait for Q4 updates, as there may be progress with The Codex implementation.

Low key saying those missions are back and/or there is a way to trigger their (TDW or The Club) heads to look our way for another clue/hint?

I think those who are tackling the cryptic clue like CMDRGURU951 are on the right approach - and far more likely to solve the puzzle than I am. My concerns mainly lie in the nature of cryptic clues themselves and, if you don't quite get the answer right, the inability to determine at which point you went wrong. Please keep thinking about it!
Today I have noticed that the descriptions of permit-locked systems in the Galaxy Map tell you which faction/military issues the permit. I'm guessing this was changed with 3.3 as I don't remember seeing it before. For some systems, like Witch's Reach and Alpha Hydri, it now explicitly says that they are permit-locked by the Pilots Federation and that no permits are currently issued. For a couple of interesting systems - HIP 22460 and Polaris - there is no such statement and you only are told in the pop-up that e.g. the Polaris system permit is required. Perhaps they are now somehow obtainable?
Currently I am in the Sol system and there are two features that I should report here, (I'll be visiting them later today, they are quite distant): there is now an Installation called 'Delphi Control Chapter' in orbit of Pluto and the most distant body Persephone now has an Installation called 'Primary Transport Authority'. Given the references to Delphi and Persephone, these might be of interest - or they could be procedural names that are just coincidence. I'm in my Viper 4 which is able to take on other small ships in combat so I might try and help defend them if there's an active scenario at either of them but I might have a hard time of it, in which case I'll clear out, visit the remaining POIs (I want to visit New Horizons especially, given that it's doing its flyby of Ultima Thule overnight) and come back in my Python or Vulture.
EDIT: Having now visited them:
Delphi Control Chapter is a Security Installation. There is a short-range exclusion zone but it didn't stop me getting very close and I can safely say that there were no Ship Log Uplinks or logs to download. No scenario was active. Getting close to the Pluto-Charon system revealed a Crashed Ship permanent POI on Charon but this seems a regular crash site, with a ship data core granting a voucher worth just over 110K Cr. It's awkwardly placed on the side of a mountain and it was lucky I was in my Viper 4, as this can find places to land even in rough terrain.
Primary Transport Authority is a Government Installation. There was no exclusion zone and no logs to download. No scenarios were active.

Last edited:

Raxxla is in-game, it's been confirmed by the Devs

However, there is a quote here from Drew suggesting that TDW and The Club might be at odds...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-questions-)?p=7194553&viewfull=1#post7194553

Whilst that doesn't entirely rule out some connection, it might mean TDW aren't that aware of who the club are.

You, sir, are a gentleman! I was not aware of that thread and will enjoy a good read (tomorrow when the New Year hangover is over!).
So the Club & DW are separate & possibly at loggerheads, mmmmm ............

Edit: started to read it & it does ring a bell. Must have seen the first page or two then forgotten about it. Must eat more fish, must eat more fish, must have a drink to wash down that fish, must drink, must drink lavian brandy, must...hic

edit2: in hindsight I don’t think I’ve seen this thread of DW’s, but perhaps another similar one.

Last edited:
I think, the dark wheel, is over everyone and the club is part of tdw, same as the pilots federation, universal cartographic and leaders of the superpowers are controlled by them etc. So first we need to find out more about tdw, then we might be able to find raxxla. It's maybe ingame, but not reachable for players I think.

You've all done phenomenal work trying to sort out a lead from the Codex offering.

Now I will give you my Bazooka Joe wrapper analysis:
On Gal map, center on Sol
Tilt map south/down as far as possible and zoom into Sol.
Slowly zoom out
The labelled major systems begin to appear as the minor system names disappear.
Take the last letter of the spiral of stars, the R from Castor, the A from Capella , the X from Pollux, the L from Sol, and lastly the A from Vega. Notice there's an X missing.
X marks the spot... Of something.

Happy New Year!

You've all done phenomenal work trying to sort out a lead from the Codex offering.

Slowly zoom out
Take the last letter of the spiral of stars, the R from Castor, the A from Capella , the X from Pollux, the L from Sol, and lastly the A from Vega. Notice there's an X missing.

Happy New Year!

Hilarious oh how the FD gods must be chuckling at us if this were true. Have you tried plotting a golden spiral with pen n paper?

There are ways for FD - sorry Galnet to hide a star: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/324896-Star-hidden-on-the-Gal-Map

Then again it could just be under the sofa all along ...I found a pound down there the other day.

Last edited:

Slowly zoom out

Happy New Year!

So, does this mean the Thargoids really are searching for Raxxla with their light show machine?

HAPPY 3305 everyone!

Last edited:
Delphi Control Chapter is a Security Installation. There is a short-range exclusion zone but it didn't stop me getting very close and I can safely say that there were no Ship Log Uplinks or logs to download. No scenario was active. Getting close to the Pluto-Charon system revealed a Crashed Ship permanent POI on Charon but this seems a regular crash site, with a ship data core granting a voucher worth just over 110K Cr. It's awkwardly placed on the side of a mountain and it was lucky I was in my Viper 4, as this can find places to land even in rough terrain.
Primary Transport Authority is a Government Installation. There was no exclusion zone and no logs to download. No scenarios were active.

Yar, I did them the other day. There is a hackable maintenance hatch, coms relay and two coms transmitters which you can scan but they do nothing. I wondered if they were part of a mission target?

Last edited:
I spent a couple days trekking out to Rho Cassiopeia, way out in the Formidine Rift. I didn't find anything to suggest that this system is involved in the riddle. Not super surprised, given how far it is from, well, anything, but it was a nice trip. Heading back to the Bubble now.

Slowly zoom out

Happy New Year!

Looks to be an Archimedean spiral, not a golden spiral... apologise for the rough edit (image link below) a simple spiral in Photoshop, if anyone can create a true spiral that matches those stars it would be more accurate, but there does seem to be RAX LA spelt out, how bizarre.

Weirdly Rax.la is spelt within equal triangles (bookmarked) maybe the missing one is within that same pattern close to sol?

It really can’t be that obvious can it, it could or maybe its just pareidolia.

Only last year I did a short exploration trip within the bubble to find un-scanned systems and there were rather a few...not sure what the state of affairs are today.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" or likely not...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tnTTfoBbpUQXyJHRA

Last edited:
You can't really expect to find Raxxla by just reading a bunch of tourist beacons and going where they point you.

The Codex entry points at Cupid's Arrow, and the single tourist beacon there points at Maia AND a barnacle. Probably the original one on Merope 5C. Maia yields 2 tourist beacons, as does Merope (5C has the tourist beacons, by the way). One points you at a next system, but it's locked behind a permit. The obvious easy clues dry up, which is why you've tried to find the next link in Ancient Greek lore, rather than by following the tourist beacons.

The only thing these tourist beacons have in common is that they mention CMDR names. Perhaps that's a way to tell whether you're reading the correct tourist beacon (vs an unrelated one), but I don't think you'll get any more easy direct pointers to the next system.

What I would expect from the devs, and from such a National-Treasure-like quest, is a theme-park ride through the game, that hits all the major points of attraction. Thargoids, Guardians, Formidine Rift, Colonia, SagA*, Beagle's Point. I'd expect the devs to have us go everywhere, and at each place, apply a key to discover a hidden "extra" of the lore we all know and love. Maia (Thargoid territory), my first thought when I read the Cupid's Arrow message was that I'd have to play with Thargoid sensors and probes at the black hole and the barnacle site. Only, those are not used at barnacles, they're used at surface sites. But who knows, I'm not sure we've tried.

So, two things about Maia:

1. Has anyone tried to "charge up" a sensor by, say, jetting it near the Maia black hole, then taking it to the Delphi surface site (along with a probe, and the link of course) to see if anything other than that generic map happens? If the sensors have memory, perhaps the map changes based on what the sensor has scanned prior to being inserted in the Thargoid machine. How else could the Thargoids perform a "search" of their galactic map, with only 3 binary bits as inputs? I mean, the machine is useless as just a projector for a pretty picture.

2. And has anyone tried to travel to the Col 70 sector with a probe, sensor, and the link that the surface site drops, in their (corrosive) cargo hold? These things open (surface site) doors, why can't they also be permits?

And one thing about Cupid's Arrow:

1. 48 O stars. All pointed at the Earth, because that's how the telescopes saw them, and the game data is imported from reality. But why aren't these stars numbered in order, from the tip of the arrow to the feathers? 33 34 46, 5 25 4, 10 9 3 12, 31 22 30, ... it's like a code. I'm looking for a piece of text to apply it to.

All of this stuff has been in place for a while. We just didn't pay attention, too excited at the time about discovering Thargoids, Guardians, etc. So now they gave us the codex and the Cupid's Arrow starter to try to get us going again.

I can do one out of CMDRGuru951's 3 steps:

Cupid's Arrow = Cupid's "R"
Maia = My "A"
Chi Orionis = Orion's "X" (look up how chi is written in Greek).

So he's got RAX, and needs to continue with XLA.

Slowly zoom out

Happy New Year!

This is actually really silly, but I like it. I was able to find two systems ending in 'X' nearby Sol. I'll investigate them today. I wonder if there is a way to do a wildcard name search on EDSM or similar? I just panned around the galaxy map for these.

I have another separate idea I will investigate as well, if time permits. Will update on that.

Looks to be an Archimedean spiral, not a golden spiral... apologise for the rough edit (image link below) a simple spiral in Photoshop, if anyone can create a true spiral that matches those stars it would be more accurate, but there does seem to be RAX LA spelt out, how bizarre.

Weirdly Rax.la is spelt within equal triangles (bookmarked) maybe the missing one is within that same pattern close to sol?

It really can’t be that obvious can it, it could or maybe its just pareidolia.

Only last year I did a short exploration trip within the bubble to find un-scanned systems and there were rather a few...not sure what the state of affairs are today.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" or likely not...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tnTTfoBbpUQXyJHRA

Oh yes, I am quite sure it's pareidolia regarding this approach. Nice work with the image. Curious that it forms a W asterism like Cass, minus a vertex system.

Definitely not it, and I'll head out to that region to rule it out!

Top Bottom