Any old FRifters remember hostile npcs at the abandoned bases? What faction? Where did they jump to? Was there a cause of their hostility?
The DW2 fleet is being attacked at Conflux Delta base & this rings a bell, but advanced age & memory is poor...and babysitting grandson so searching the FRift threads is not on at the moment.

NPC's at abandoned settlements is a relatively recent addition. I want to say it was 3.0? It feels...off....to have them circling places like the FRift. But they have never been hostile and to my knowledge they've never attacked anyone. I suspect some confusion is to blame. I'm with DW2 on two platforms and all modes and haven't witnessed any hostile NPC aggression at the site.

I finally acquired 3 SAP 8 core containers (can still be found carried by "Military Courier Vessel" in systems with war state). Going to try different things with them. Polaris and HIP 22460 are still permit locked, next i try is Triton in Sol.
Also on the list are the systems with "sap" in the name, getting scanned by a Thargoid interceptor, trigger an emp burst from the Thargoids, activate Guardian obelisk, terminal and beacon, some systems (not going to list all), the new cristaline lifeform things.

Any other things i could try?

I have already tried most of that since 3.3 with no luck (except going to triton) , but it is always good to double check. Did you happen to notice a quirk with the route plotter near HIP 22460 ? There are two systems about 21 ish LY apart on either side of hip 22460 (the course nearly intersects HIP 22460). I had the jump range to jump between them, but the route plotter insisted on two shorter jumps around HIP 22460. When I manually selected the other system I was able to make the jump.

Any old FRifters remember hostile npcs at the abandoned bases? What faction? Where did they jump to? Was there a cause of their hostility?
The DW2 fleet is being attacked at Conflux Delta base & this rings a bell, but advanced age & memory is poor...and babysitting grandson so searching the FRift threads is not on at the moment.

I don't remember hostile NPCs, but a year or so ago I followed a few non-hostile ones to neighbouring systems. They'd generally travel to some body or other and drop out into normal space. Once one led me to a secondary star, dropped out, then threatened to pirate me but he was all talk and no trousers.

I have already tried most of that since 3.3 with no luck (except going to triton) , but it is always good to double check. Did you happen to notice a quirk with the route plotter near HIP 22460 ? There are two systems about 21 ish LY apart on either side of hip 22460 (the course nearly intersects HIP 22460). I had the jump range to jump between them, but the route plotter insisted on two shorter jumps around HIP 22460. When I manually selected the other system I was able to make the jump.

Hm ok good to know. Could you provide any more infos about what you have done? What were youre ranks at the time? Could/did you make any connections with antimatter containment units who are also carried by the Military Courier Vessel? Also were you allied with the Dark Wheel in Shinrarta and/or Mother Gaia in Sol? Sorry for all the questions but i just want to have as precise results as possible.

The reason why im so curious about the sap 8 cores is they were part of some Dark Wheel missions back in 1.4 i think and its the only thing thats left from this time. The missions are no longer in game as far as i know. Also i havent seen them mentioned at all in the last 6 months. Do you have more infos about them by any chance?

I didnt travel to HIP 22460 or Polaris, i just tried to plote a route there so i cant help you with that sorry.

Last edited:
Hm ok good to know. Could you provide any more infos about what you have done? What were youre ranks at the time? Could/did you make any connections with antimatter containment units who are also carried by the Military Courier Vessel? Also were you allied with the Dark Wheel in Shinrarta and/or Mother Gaia in Sol? Sorry for all the questions but i just want to have as precise results as possible.

The reason why im so curious about the sap 8 cores is they were part of some Dark Wheel missions back in 1.4 i think and its the only thing thats left from this time. The missions are no longer in game as far as i know. Also i havent seen them mentioned at all in the last 6 months. Do you have more infos about them by any chance?
I didnt travel to HIP 22460 or Polaris, i just tried to plote a route there so i cant help you with that sorry.

SAP 8s were in then they got removed, and then they got added back with the mil couriers. Still have not found a use for either the ACU or SAP 8s. Yes, allied with both TDW and most of the factions in sol including Mother Gaia. Ranks are Deadly, Elite, Elite. It was rumored that sap 8s were related to some sort of tech that let TDW jump huge distances. As far as the ACUs it is hinted at in Legacy
that the major powers have access to antimatter, but that it is still somewhat exotic. Specifically there is a Panther Clipper flown by what are basically pirates (but backed by a major faction) that is said to have had way too high of an energy profile for a vessel that size should have. It was also running some VERY experimental tech (with presumable insane power requirements) that could otherwise only be flown on a capitol class ship
. They never come out and say antimatter is involved, but it is strongly hinted at. As far as a use for this stuff in game? I have yet to find one. Way back when there were missions like you mentioned for the sap 8s and trinkets of hidden fortune, but they are long gone. With MB and DW seemingly mostly out of the picture I fear that they are little more than window dressing now.

https://imgur.com/a/Tiva21k

Last edited:
SAP 8s were in then they got removed, and then they got added back with the mil couriers. Still have not found a use for either the ACU or SAP 8s. Yes, allied with both TDW and most of the factions in sol including Mother Gaia. Ranks are Deadly, Elite, Elite. It was rumored that sap 8s were related to some sort of tech that let TDW jump huge distances. As far as the ACUs it is hinted at in Legacy
that the major powers have access to antimatter, but that it is still somewhat exotic. Specifically there is a Panther Clipper flown by what are basically pirates (but backed by a major faction) that is said to have had way too high of an energy profile for a vessel that size should have. It was also running some VERY experimental tech (with presumable insane power requirements) that could otherwise only be flown on a capitol class ship
. They never come out and say antimatter is involved, but it is strongly hinted at. As far as a use for this stuff in game? I have yet to find one. Way back when there were missions like you mentioned for the sap 8s and trinkets of hidden fortune, but they are long gone. With MB and DW seemingly mostly out of the picture I fear that they are little more than window dressing now.

https://imgur.com/a/Tiva21k

The old military fuel was antimatter based. It was only produced by Sirius corporation.
Feds and Imps did not have any other source for it.

Turner/Argent from the Alliance managed to make a mining machine that could produce military fuel.

One question. Did anyone tried to look further at such thing as the strange square lights or windows on the stations? It look like the Braille code. Each "symbol" is the combination of max 4 square lights. All this lights looks like central part of Raxxla logo from the Codex.

Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/zhHCOeb

Last edited:
DW's hint about things related to TDW operating on multiple level, and MB tiny bit obvios hint has me thinking. What if one of the 21 stations/outposts with Holdstock in the name will harbour a clue or a starting place? Has anyone been to these stations / outposts recently? ( edsm seems to show 21 in total, mostly independent.)

When I passed by the Hawking's Gap Abandoned Settlements just over a year ago, I found a NPC Adder circling (18th Jan 3304). It was not hostile and completely ignored me. I would guess that similar behaviour might have been happening at Abandoned Settlements elsewhere. I last visited the Conflux Abandoned Settlements on 31st July 3304 and encountered a Cobra MkIV that also ignored me. I think any and all settlements and permanent POIs may be likely to generate NPCs?
A side note about Neumann Camp in Shinrarta Dezhra: there are two 'telescopes' there but, after taking screenshots roughly a day apart, enough for the background stars to have moved about six degrees (the moon has an orbital and rotational period of about 68.5 days) and thus still being recognisable in their arrangement without too much disappearing over the horizon, they do not seem to be tracking anything and were completely static. My current thinking is that getting the invite to visit The Dark Wheel station might depend upon a rare tip-off or follow-up mission (not sure if it would have to be taken from Neumann Camp or not). I'm kinda tired with mission-running after getting my final Fed promotion earlier this week and I've only ever had a couple of tip-offs, so perhaps someone who knows how to trigger them could have more luck. Fly safe o7

NPC activity seems to happen at any POI these days, regardless of where they are. When I was hitting Dav's Hope a lot for mats, there was always some shady character circling around. I gather that some aspects of npc activity are now bugged, in that miners who have gone well outside the bubble for a spot of peaceful mining get harrassed by pirates wherever they are... :S

Incidentally, if anyone is following on the Demeter / Nysa track, and researching aspects of the myth online, then I would advise not searching for some of the alternative names of the goddess Persephone without a "safe search" filter in place, and certainly not from a workplace!

One question. Did anyone tried to look further at such thing as the strange square lights or windows on the stations? It look like the Braille code. Each "symbol" is the combination of max 4 square lights. All this lights looks like central part of Raxxla logo from the Codex.

Screenshot:

I posted pics of similar. The larger circle around the mailbox also has similar shapes made of 6/5/4 smaller dashes. Also that shape is the reticule for the system map. The back of the interior of the station is also seemingly the outside of the raxxla image. The only thing I haven't seen nearly exact references too are the 18 dashes in the hexagon shape. Although there are 18 dashes in some stations on the rear in a red circle. It could be raxxla is pointing to a station interior or something weird.

The other oddity is i've seen are messages on stations like the one about not surrendering and to take over. Do those stay the same as some long standing history of the system or do they change with things like civil wars and whatnot over time?

Maybe we have to look for a station interior type. Maybe that goes with a certain owner or circumstance. Do the interiors change with owner?

Screenshot:

Numbers take 5 pings in Morse, which would make station coding unlikely to give a location. if you want to decode it, though, or try, Wikipedia has a Morse translation sheet. It'd at least fit the "Every Commander has to..." tip

Alternatively if you message or reply to send me the pairings (as I cant load that image on my device) I'll (try to) translate and post to thread, use hyphens for short and underscore for long, using periods (to show "stops") to separate pairs. Sentence separation will likely be impossible pretranslated.

Example:

---- . -- .

This isn't what I thought I'd be using those history lessons for.

Scytale

Banned
About being "summoned" by TDW (like The Witch was in past times, but for others reasons), just look at how many missions, explo, etc.. you have (had ?) to do to become Elite or King, Admiral, etc...
I myself, did dozens for TDW faction.
But I am quite sure not enough to get noticed and many less than I did to get full rep/ranked.
You want to be called up by TDW ? Work for TDW !
Exclusively. Never for their "opponents".
Imho.

About the Raxxla logo. Look at it in a "perspective point of view". You are not entering a station, you are coming through The Portal and you can see a Sol-type (symbol) star in front of you, far away. G.
A star that... "sings"... a silent song. A whisper. Like the Sirens do.
Sound is (was ?) important and just great in ED.
Imho.

Last edited:

Screenshot:

Good spot. I did suggest the original symbology on the Guardian relics etc may be related to Braille; wouldn’t surprise me if it crops up somewhere in ED.

Screenshot:

If we're talking about the similarities, it looks more like the guardian sites, similar design languages: https://i.imgur.com/EQEBfsF.jpg

But that could just be another lazy design from the FDev :D

This is the original Raxxla logo btw:
fyrwuvc.png

Edit: Also we need some grills on this investigation. Women are usually better at seeing the "big picture" and relations between the clues.

Last edited:
About being "summoned" by TDW (like The Witch was in past times, but for others reasons), just look at how many missions, explo, etc.. you have (had ?) to do to become Elite or King, Admiral, etc...
I myself, did dozens for TDW faction.
But I am quite sure not enough to get noticed and many less than I did to get full rep/ranked.
You want to be called up by TDW ? Work for TDW !
Exclusively. Never for their "opponents".
Imho.

About the Raxxla logo. Look at it in a "perspective point of view". You are not entering a station, you are coming through The Portal and you can see a Sol-type (symbol) star in front of you, far away. G.
A star that... "sings"... a silent song. A whisper. Like the Sirens do.
Sound is (was ?) important and just great in ED.
Imho.

It does say the whisperer in witchspace So maybe it has something to do with jump sounds? I may be grasping at straws, but.

If we're talking about the similarities, it looks more like the guardian sites, similar design languages: https://i.imgur.com/EQEBfsF.jpg

But that could just be another lazy design from the FDev :D

This is the original Raxxla logo btw:

Edit: Also we need some grills on this investigation. Women are usually better at seeing the "big picture" and relations between the clues.

Guardians probably found something. An old species that turned to religion when they were already very advanced, seem strange.

They spent plenty of resources on honouring their dead, so they probably had an idea of an afterlife.

Similar ideas may have been past on to ancient humans. Either from the same scource or from surviving Guardins posing as gods.

Octavia was planing to transfer her memories to her clone, Kahina.
Utopians are storing digital copies of them self.
Tech guardians merged with AI and lived partly in the network.
The instant escape pod for PF members, is also strange. Do they send our mind in an e-mail and put it in a clone?

The lines between life and death are blury, in ED. That gives plenty of room for myths.

Screenshot:
Googled some. It is very similar to Braille's digits in so named "Computer Braille Code". All digits are combination of 4 squares. For some reason I think it should reading with the top (of the symbols) at center of construction:

146378 (top one)
146378 (right one)
377378 (left one)

Numbers take 5 pings in Morse, which would make station coding unlikely to give a location. if you want to decode it, though, or try, Wikipedia has a Morse translation sheet. It'd at least fit the "Every Commander has to..." tip

Alternatively if you message or reply to send me the pairings (as I cant load that image on my device) I'll (try to) translate and post to thread, use hyphens for short and underscore for long, using periods (to show "stops") to separate pairs. Sentence separation will likely be impossible pretranslated.

Example:

---- . -- .

This isn't what I thought I'd be using those history lessons for.
Sorry but I can't interpret it as the Morze code. I'm not skilled enough for it.

---
Now I going to check outer station lights and other stations. It may be just a single texture.

Added later: I found some other screenshots of this construction. Same pattern. So it is just a texture.

Last edited:
Re: Nysa
I managed to repeat some of the process:

In Nysa for some time - flying from C to A, found ship called "child", wing of 3 internal security "foil" & another normal npc sec. name

Followed from C-B-A-C before game announced 'mission objective found' - scan on FSS shows orange degraded emissions. Another 450,000ls hack

Uss shows black box , grain canister, water, polymers. Scoop all up. As BB scooped, new assaination mission appeared..

Went to system, found ship. Sorrensohn H. Sorrensohn in a DBX. Says ' I just want to do the right thing' & 'I'm not going to kill for them anymore' etc. He drops near a station so I follow his wake ( I have no interdictor) - appear in empty space - target hologram on console shows a Coriolis briefly before changing to a planet (odd but probably a glitch). Back to SC then find mission obj and gun him down.

Whilst on way to NYSA C again to cash in (2.5Bls so far on this !) get a further massacre mission - but need to stop playing- so that's where I'm at.

No 'Raxxla' yet, but it's odd game mechanics to me at least...

Yelboc.

Back
Top Bottom