Pop quiz / possible bug?

Anyone been able to confirm Rigel as a Type A Supergiant in the Codex?
FSS isn't adding it and the marshmallows are melting closer than 150Ls.
Type B Supergiant, "Rigel B" was confirmed automatically during D-Scan.

Is there a one star per system limit so only primaries qualify in the Codex?

Edit: UC paid for both stars.

Last edited:
Pop quiz / possible bug?

Anyone been able to confirm Rigel as a Type A Supergiant in the Codex?
FSS isn't adding it and the marshmallows are melting closer than 150Ls.
Type B Supergiant, "Rigel B" was confirmed automatically during D-Scan.

Is there a one star per system limit so only primaries qualify in the Codex?

Edit: UC paid for both stars.

Hope the payment was equal
We keep hearing about gender inequality in Hollywood! 😁

Some additional ramblings from the void whilst I drift....

Cassiopia - Penelope
A door that is also a key

Following on from my linking Astrolphel to Homers Odyssey and its sonnets and songs referencing Penelope.... I recalled a reference to Penelope and a key by Homer and began to dig...

'Euripides and Sophocles, of the fifth century before our era, wrote of her, while all the Greeks made much of the constellation, knowing it as Κασσιέπεια and Ἡ τοῦ θρόνου, She of the Throne. But at one time in Greece it was the Laconian Key, from its resemblance to that instrument, the invention of which was attributed in classical times to that people;1 although Pliny claimed this for Theodorus of Samos in Caria, 730 B.C., whence came another title for our stars, Carion. The learned Huetius (Huet, bishop of Avranches and tutor of the dauphin Louis XV) more definitely said that this stellar key represented that described by Homer as sickle-shaped in the wardrobe door of Penelope:

A brazen key she held, the handle turn'd,
With steel and polish'd elephant adorned;

and Aratos wrote of the constellation:

E'en as a folding door, fitted within
With key, is thrown back when the bolts are drawn.

But even Ideler did not understand this simile, although the outline of the chief stars well shows the form of this early key'

Is Cassiopia the place that isn't a place (Tycho's star e.g. it was there now it isn't), and she's a door buy also a key?

Are we to believe then the constellation is not actually a starting point on some journey but really just every answer to each clue from the codex, DW toast and old myth!

The place that isn't a place (Tycho's star)
A door but also a key (Penelope/Cassiopia)
The brow (A ref the the W of the constellation not her actual head)
The mother of galaxies (Cassiopia)
Whisperer in witchspace, Siren of the deepest void (The sea nymphs of Poseidon / Cassiopia)
The parent's grief, the lover's woe (Penelope)
The yearning of our vagabond hearts (Ulysses yearning)

FD said they simply didn't put Tycho's star in because it wasn't in their star directory they used. Yet it's one of the most prominent novas discovered, one of the first major radio signals discovered - and they didn't put it in?

That might be true....I recalled FD stating the same regards the pillars of creation...we can see them from Sol but really they aren't there any more - same for Tycho's star, we can see it but there's actually nothing there....

Is Tycho's star Raxxla and its hidden from the gal map?....I understand some honoured Cmdrs mapped that location, but what if you cant find it through the gal map...what if you have to eye ball it!

Been adrift now for so long...maybe its time I returned to dock and sobered up this space madness...

Tycho's star!

Last edited:

Not to sound lude or anything, but that may literally be a euphemism! 8p (Which could fit the whole key and door thing. Isn't this a love story about the trojan war?)

I wonder how that translates in the original language.

I would assume most people know this but there is a system named penelope in the bubble. I have it marked for visit but haven't done so yet, personally.

BTW, I don't know if this is relevant, but why do all of the criminal secondary groups in distance space stations(heart and soul, ngc 1333, orion nebula) only get rep from passenger missions? Has anyone noticed this or know what the deal with that is? Also the normal ones all have mass donation missions. Is it so you can easily flip back from the criminal organization. Any way this is like TDW using them like the mafia as undercover extensions?

Last edited:
While I was looking for clues on Raxxla, I studied "Astrophel and Stella" a comment came from the Raxxla Codex.
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrophel_and_Stella
It's a sonnet about a tragic love story. Knowing a bit about David Braben, he is very poetic and loves classics.

Also it let to seaching for the Keywords "Love", "Astro", "Song" and finally "Alison" in Stella Cartographics:
as per:

Dark, and Light and Day battle themes in

"
Dark Beauties in Shakespeare's Sonnets and Sidney's "Astrophil and Stella" Theoderek Wayne
Germinating in anonymous Middle English lyrics, the subversion of the classical poetic representation of feminine beauty as fair-haired and blue-eyed took on new meaning in the age of exploration under sonneteers Sidney and Shakespeare. No longer did the brown hair of "Alison" only serve to distinguish her from the pack; the features of the new "Dark Lady" became more pronounced and sullied, and her eroticized associations with the foreignness of the New World grew more explicit through conceits of colonization. However, the evolving dichotomy between fairness and darkness was not quite so revolutionary; in fact, Sidney and Shakespeare lauded the virtues of fairness with the same degree of passion as their predecessors, albeit in a cloaked form. To counter their mistresses' exterior darkness, the poets locate an interior lightness that radiates beyond the funereal veil of hair or eyesraven-hair or jet-eyes is acceptable only if there is an innate brightness that illuminates the sensuality of the superficial.
Most of the poems addressing the light/dark antithesis choose at some point to make an open declaration that embraces or undermines the dichotomy and lays the groundwork for the rest of the poem....."

https://www.gradesaver.com/astrophi...ares-sonnets-and-sidneys-astrophil-and-stella

This led me to a site in Epsilon Indi which has 7 icy moons, the 8 th being the dark wheel base...

My search ended there with a gameplay scenario that is not quite fully developed.

These are all the clues I have at the moment. HOPE this will help someone.

What are you trying to say exactly?

That Raxxla is the Dark 8th Moon...
(From Raxxla Codex)
"It is extremely difficult to find consistency among the various fragmentary rumours of
Raxxla. Much like the ancient myths of Atlantis, El Dorado and the kingdom of Prester John,
interpretations of the story range from the sceptical to the outlandish: Raxxla has been
suggested to be anything from an unremarkable moon to a state of cosmetic enlightenment.
The earliest document stories tend to agree on several points, however: that Raxxla is a
definite place and that it holds a mystical secret. "

(From Dark Wheel Codex)
According to self-professed Dark Wheel expert Lyta Crane, a conspiracy theorist and
'people's journalist' who has painstakingly assembled an archive of relevant data, the
original group was based in a disused starport orbiting the eighth moon of an unnamed
gas giant. The station was toroid, hence 'wheel', and operated with a minimal power output
so as to avoid detection, hence 'dark'.

Hello everyone,

Researchers at the Independent Raxxla Hunters group have discovered a signal at the center of the galaxy that may have existed since the very beginning of the game. We have narrowed the source of the signal down to just a couple systems. Please find the post on this topic as well as information on how you can assist the investigation here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ependent-raxxla-hunters-investigation.508024/

Attachments

• SignalSegment.png
    SignalSegment.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 641
Hello everyone,

Researchers at the Independent Raxxla Hunters group have discovered a signal at the center of the galaxy that may have existed since the very beginning of the game. We have narrowed the source of the signal down to just a couple systems. Please find the post on this topic as well as information on how you can assist the investigation here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ependent-raxxla-hunters-investigation.508024/

The is a thread somewhere (maybe in dangerous discussions) from no so long time ago.
It is called "what is left to discover in ED" or similar. It contains a picture of similar signal, IIRC tad better quality.
Maybe you you want to take a look.

According to self-professed Dark Wheel expert Lyta Crane, a conspiracy theorist and
'people's journalist' who has painstakingly assembled an archive of relevant data, the
original group was based in a disused starport orbiting the eighth moon of an unnamed
gas giant
. The station was toroid, hence 'wheel', and operated with a minimal power output
Read what you've quoted again...
Epsilon Indi BA is a Class T Dwarf STAR (not a gas giant), with seven planets.
Highly unlikely FDev will jam anything too extravagant in fully mapped systems.

Separate 8th moon TDW myth from Raxxla might also be a good idea ;)

The is a thread somewhere (maybe in dangerous discussions) from no so long time ago.
It is called "what is left to discover in ED" or similar. It contains a picture of similar signal, IIRC tad better quality.
Maybe you you want to take a look.

I wasn’t able to find this thread or image, perhaps you can post a link. Have they tracked the signal down to three systems near Sag A*? Did they have a member of Canonn who is a trained audio professional isolate the noise? If they didn’t do that work then that thread isn’t worth a whole lot.

Last edited:
I wasn’t able to find this thread or image, perhaps you can post a link. But is they track the signal down to three systems near Sag A*? If they didn’t do that work then that thread isn’t worth a whole lot.
I am laughing hysterically... I just came from Sag A* only to find that it might be over there. So much for "home where the home is" clue...

Some additional ramblings from the void whilst I drift....

Cassiopia - Penelope
A door that is also a key

Following on from my linking Astrolphel to Homers Odyssey and its sonnets and songs referencing Penelope.... I recalled a reference to Penelope and a key by Homer and began to dig...

'Euripides and Sophocles, of the fifth century before our era, wrote of her, while all the Greeks made much of the constellation, knowing it as Κασσιέπεια and Ἡ τοῦ θρόνου, She of the Throne. But at one time in Greece it was the Laconian Key, from its resemblance to that instrument, the invention of which was attributed in classical times to that people;1 although Pliny claimed this for Theodorus of Samos in Caria, 730 B.C., whence came another title for our stars, Carion. The learned Huetius (Huet, bishop of Avranches and tutor of the dauphin Louis XV) more definitely said that this stellar key represented that described by Homer as sickle-shaped in the wardrobe door of Penelope:

and Aratos wrote of the constellation:

E'en as a folding door, fitted within
With key, is thrown back when the bolts are drawn.

But even Ideler did not understand this simile, although the outline of the chief stars well shows the form of this early key'

Is Cassiopia the place that isn't a place (Tycho's star e.g. it was there now it isn't), and she's a door buy also a key?

Are we to believe then the constellation is not actually a starting point on some journey but really just every answer to each clue from the codex, DW toast and old myth!

The place that isn't a place (Tycho's star)
A door but also a key (Penelope/Cassiopia)
The brow (A ref the the W of the constellation not her actual head)
The mother of galaxies (Cassiopia)
Whisperer in witchspace, Siren of the deepest void (The sea nymphs of Poseidon / Cassiopia)
The parent's grief, the lover's woe (Penelope)
The yearning of our vagabond hearts (Ulysses yearning)

FD said they simply didn't put Tycho's star in because it wasn't in their star directory they used. Yet it's one of the most prominent novas discovered, one of the first major radio signals discovered - and they didn't put it in?

That might be true....I recalled FD stating the same regards the pillars of creation...we can see them from Sol but really they aren't there any more - same for Tycho's star, we can see it but there's actually nothing there....

Is Tycho's star Raxxla and its hidden from the gal map?....I understand some honoured Cmdrs mapped that location, but what if you cant find it through the gal map...what if you have to eye ball it!

Been adrift now for so long...maybe its time I returned to dock and sobered up this space madness...

Tycho's star!

Jaiotu led an intensive search for Cass A and Tycho’s star. See https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-cassiopeia-project.297941/

That Raxxla is the Dark 8th Moon...
(From Raxxla Codex)
"It is extremely difficult to find consistency among the various fragmentary rumours of
Raxxla. Much like the ancient myths of Atlantis, El Dorado and the kingdom of Prester John,
interpretations of the story range from the sceptical to the outlandish: Raxxla has been
suggested to be anything from an unremarkable moon to a state of cosmetic enlightenment.
The earliest document stories tend to agree on several points, however: that Raxxla is a
definite place and that it holds a mystical secret. "

(From Dark Wheel Codex)
gas giant. The station was toroid, hence 'wheel', and operated with a minimal power output

So basically you are hypothesising that Raxxla is a moon and TDW station is orbiting it, based on interpretation of Astrophel and Stella, also hypothesising that is the reference referred to by “Astophil and the Spiralling Stars” mentioned in the Codex. Then you are saying FD haven’t completed the install because you couldn’t find what you were looking for in the location you interpreted (Alison?).

I like the hypothesis, it would be “a little bit obvious” (and somewhat ironic) if this were the moon and station depicted in the game startup menu image and we’ve seen Raxxla everytime we startup the game (I’ve posited this hypothesis several times in this thread). But sorry, I think your deductive logic is faulty, look elsewhere.

So basically you are hypothesising that Raxxla is a moon and TDW station is orbiting it, based on interpretation of Astrophel and Stella, also hypothesising that is the reference referred to by “Astophil and the Spiralling Stars” mentioned in the Codex. Then you are saying FD haven’t completed the install because you couldn’t find what you were looking for in the location you interpreted (Alison?).

I like the hypothesis, it would be “a little bit obvious” (and somewhat ironic) if this were the moon and station depicted in the game startup menu image and we’ve seen Raxxla everytime we startup the game (I’ve posited this hypothesis several times in this thread). But sorry, I think your deductive logic is faulty, look elsewhere.
My bad.... Sorry. I will cry elsewhere...

Top Bottom