However it was quite interesting that if you look up Gamma Cassiopiea ingame it does not come up. However, typing in the old catalogue.. ie HIP 4427, it appears as 27 Gamma Cassiopeia. 27 as in Right Ascension. RA :p

Hello everyone,

Researchers at the Independent Raxxla Hunters group have discovered a signal at the center of the galaxy that may have existed since the very beginning of the game. We have narrowed the source of the signal down to just a couple systems. Please find the post on this topic as well as information on how you can assist the investigation here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ependent-raxxla-hunters-investigation.508024/
I was always of the understanding that the noise from the galactic centre was essentially a simulation of the RL radio sources that exist in the galactic centre.

Will be interesting to see if it actually leads to something different.

Eventually you have to just knuckle down and read the lot. It's not so bad and you get to know who is who, and maybe Scytale will give you a t-shirt..

Then you can stand on the shoulders of giants - the view is great from up here :)

YB

However it was quite interesting that if you look up Gamma Cassiopiea ingame it does not come up. However, typing in the old catalogue.. ie HIP 4427, it appears as 27 Gamma Cassiopeia. 27 as in Right Ascension. RA :p
27 is just the Bayer designation for the star, not the RA. It’s a serial number in the constelation.

Last edited:
I was always of the understanding that the noise from the galactic centre was essentially a simulation of the RL radio sources that exist in the galactic centre.

Will be interesting to see if it actually leads to something different.

The interesting part is it is not exactly at the galactic core. It is about 10 ly offset between three systems.

The interesting part is it is not exactly at the galactic core. It is about 10 ly offset between three systems.
Yeah, sorry, when I say centre, I don’t mean Sag A, I mean that area.

Sag A is one of the radio sources in the galactic centre but there’s others and it’s not yet known what they all are.

The signal could be intended to be one of those, for example N3, as something without a confirmed stellar origin couldn’t be tied into a specific system.

Paint rules!

aRIrJYz.jpg

Origin unknown, full space madness.

Strong with the tinfoil this one is...
hqdefault.jpg
Edit: Closest permit to Founders looks like Hodack, about 20Ly away.
(eddb.io won't do a permit search on unpopulated systems for some reason)

Ah, your ship’s cat seems to have graduated from the same naval academy as my ship’s cat! 😉

Eventually you have to just knuckle down and read the lot. It's not so bad and you get to know who is who, and maybe Scytale will give you a t-shirt..

Then you can stand on the shoulders of giants - the view is great from up here :)

YB
I still have an issue with Scytale’s t-shirt
As well as denoting the quest for Raxxla etc it also mentions Mothers-in-law, i.e. Monsters from the Id; don’t think Forbidden Planet is lore for ED, even though the title might apply to Raxxla! 😁

P.S.
The bigger they come, the harder they fall!

Strong with the tinfoil this one is...
hqdefault.jpg
Edit: Closest permit to Founders looks like Hodack, about 20Ly away.
(eddb.io won't do a permit search on unpopulated systems for some reason)
Nothing to see in Hodack. It's an NPC faction. Get allied and get the permit. One terrestrial port and one station.
latest

HD 5394 takes you to the same place on the galmap, and this system should be the "brow" of Cassiopeia, chained to the naughty chair. According to eddb.io someone's been out there and registered a black hole, and a neutron star along with the primary but it's not showing any planets.

Only 550Ly from Sol and not all that far from Sothis.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a list of player named systems? The reason I ask is because I'm in a strange area - a globular cluster - dozens of F type stars here - but there is one hand named system called 'Gilthaven' - 34 bodies but nothing human or out of the ordinary here though..

All the other stars have 2mass names and Gxxx catalog names and HD 50 etc. - its the blanco 1 cluster, btw - well under the disk of the galaxy 800ly from Sol.

Why go to the trouble of hand altering that one star?

YB

Back to Alphekka.

As most of you know Alphekka in Corona Borealis(the northern crown) has the alternative name, Gemma. Gemma is latin for jewel or gem.
According to greek myth Corona Borealis is the crown of Princess Ariadne.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_Borealis

In the basic myth Ariadne was in charge of the labyrinth where the dangerous Minotaur was kept. She helped Theseus beat the Minotaur, only to abandoned by him. Dionysus the god, found her and married her. The wedding crown was put in the sky. End of story.

There are however many historians that think that Ariadne had a much mor important role in Minoan religion, before the Greeks reduced her significance.
In this article she is likened to Persephone as a ruler of the underworld: https://www.ancient-origins.net/myt...e-minoan-queen-dead-mistress-labyrinth-009407

This would make Ariadne both a chthonic goddess and a the Mistress of the Labyrinth.

The Labyrinth is a symbol of the individual quest or journey everyone has to make for them self, if you like.

The Spiral represents the creative power of the universe, emanating from the navel center (omphalos) and shares the symbolism of the labyrinth.

We have a jewel, a mother goddess in charge of labyrinths/spirals, there is parents grief(sacrifice of children), lovers woe (abandoned by lover), there is a princess in charge of a labyrinth/spiral with an omphalos in the middle.

Alphekka in ED is a seriously dull place, with only a single star. Might be a good place to hide something or have as a starting point for a journey?

As a bonus, we have Ariadne's thread. A logic problem solving method: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariadne's_thread_(logic)

Top Bottom