Scytale

Banned
In this context, I have always assumed brow means top/above, so have surmised that it would be above sag a. Possibly high above galactic plane
Go there and you'll find so many systems already tagged by most of our excellent fellow-threaders.. ;)
In this way of thought, I keep being seduced by Herr Professor-Doktor's Berenices' Hair hypothesis...

You could argue that all stars in milky way spiral around Sag A. Sag a is also sometimes described as the mother of the galaxy. It is on my hit list to pop up there (NOT in my Beluga!) and see if anything can be done with lensing effect, as has been tried previously with Maia, to try to find a jewl that burns bright on its brow
a shimmering, silver disc, a double spiral of tiny bright points. It slowly turns: it's a galaxy in miniature, with the same intense blur of light at its centre......

Scytale

Banned
Sgr A*, a celestila body, a place that is not a place (aside the singularity), a door which is also the key to... other universes!
I want a new galaxy in ED !! Please !!

Last edited:
Me too. My personal belief is that it's in-game, near, or in the bubble.

I think that it's on the "8th moon of a gas giant", but that the gas giant and/or moons are not shown on a scan.
Two things: if it was "near, or in the bubble" I'm at a loss to explain how it hasn't been found yet. We're going on five years now and it's baffling to me that people wouldn't have found it...that is if it is conventionally able to be found and not a "ghost planet" like you mention that doesn't appear on normal system scans or FSS. The Bubble, I think, is well and truly worked over and the cloud around it is pretty well explored out to around 1.5kly's in all directions, more so in some directions, less in others.

Also, the "8th moon of a gas giant" is the Dark Wheel's station, not Raxxla.

Scytale

Banned
I think Raxxla was near the Bubble when FTL travel was starting. ED has other much more efficient mechanics, then possibly Raxxla has been "moved" away in accordance to the new travel possibilities.

Two things: if it was "near, or in the bubble" I'm at a loss to explain how it hasn't been found yet. We're going on five years now and it's baffling to me that people wouldn't have found it...that is if it is conventionally able to be found and not a "ghost planet" like you mention that doesn't appear on normal system scans or FSS. The Bubble, I think, is well and truly worked over and the cloud around it is pretty well explored out to around 1.5kly's in all directions, more so in some directions, less in others.

I do agree with this, but IF Raxxla isnt a planet, that may explain why we haven't found it. Even if it is a planet, there are lots of uninteresting ice planets, etc in and around the bubble that have not been mapped. Especially those a long way from arrival point.

the concept of "a door that is also a key" is familiar to me, and is present in many cultures throughout time, including budhism.

in budhism, the budhist seeks enlightenment. he is a key. and he seeks a door. the mistake that he makes during his journey, is that he assumes that the sought door must be something other than himself, something different, but there is no outside door. what the budhist trully seeks is himself. his true self. he is the key and the door. in other words, the seeker and the sought are one and the same. they cant seek each other.

how could this apply to Raxxla?

Think of the lost colony ships. My understanding is that those were always in the game (starting out as Anaconda placeholder ships) and were only found once there were some clues.

Yes, but there's been a lot less exploration past 1500kls (within each system). Space is big, even within the bubble. I think it's entirely possible that it's been overlooked.

I thought the Dark Wheel station was supposed to be "near" Raxxla. I'm no expert, but these stories are from when faster than light travel was arduous. That's why I think it's hiding "under our noses".

Last edited:
^ A personal journey that everyone has to take for himself...
could very well be. Raxxla is the commander seeking Raxxla. the key that is also the door. the commander becomes Raxxla, as he becomes a special anomalie by trying to seek the only unseekable thing. (lol)
propably not. not in the literal sense. but it is a clue!

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
Maybe you have to get "conscious, cognizant, mindful" of the whole MW.. , meaning discover one specimen of every single body, phenomenon, type of star, planet, and so on, and visit every region..Then, when you have completed your personal journey and achieved that "mental representation" of the MW, (insight ?) you'll see in the skybox, shining brightly through the deep black...
The Door.
M9HwYex.jpg
(LoL !)
The Codex works this way. Complete the whole discoveries part of the Codex in every region of the MW !
FS Cmdrs !

Last edited:
Think of the lost colony ships. My understanding is that those were always in the game (starting out as Anaconda placeholder ships) and were only found once there were some clues.

Yes, but there's been a lot less exploration past 1500klys. Space is big, even within the bubble. I think it's entirely possible that it's been overlooked.

I thought the Dark Wheel station was supposed to be "near" Raxxla. I'm no expert, but these stories are from when faster than light travel was arduous. That's why I think it's hiding "under our noses".
I totally agree with your point about the bubble. I don't agree DW station has to be near Raxxla, however, as we dont think they have found Raxxla

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
And no one has yet to even discover the Dark Wheel station. I think that is also in the game and will be found first. (I assume that Raxxla is hidden even better.)

Scytale

Banned
And no one has yet to even discover the Dark Wheel station. I think that is also in the game and will be found first. (I assume that Raxxla is hidden even better.)
Which leads to the question: do we have to find The Dark Wheel first, in order to find Raxxla later ?
Answering to that would point to where the effort should be aimed.
It may be the reason why FDevs put that clue about 8th moon in the Codex. To make us look for TDW first.
What interest could there be in finding that station other than to help in the Raxxla Quest ? New tech? TDW Pure Malt rare? To resurrect Salomé The Witch ?

Last edited:
from DW Codex:
According to accepted spacer lore, membership in the Dark Wheel is by invitation only, and only the most exceptional pilots of each generation ever receive them.
i cant think of anything more "Exceptional" for the dark wheel, other than finding Raxxla. it could be that Raxxla isn't the final goal, only the key, to becoming an official member of the dark wheel.
wich could unlock new game mechanics as a member of the DW. (maybe?)
or add the DW as a faction in Power Play Only Visible for the Member. and Can therefore interract with Power Play Mechanics(Maybe?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom