Book, sirens, spiraling stars. Nothing more.

On that note and its a tenuous one I admit but its the only way I can link this in in any way whatsoever, anyway:

Been getting distracted by BBC radio version of James Follet 'Earthsearch'. Hadnt read it but it involves a spaceship returning to Sol from a near light speed journey to try and find terraformable planets that for them lasted 150 years but in Sol a million years has passed. Anyway, Earth has disappeared! Records say it was 'moved' by its inhabitants when the Sun started to go Supernova, moved to a new solar system entirely. Just rang a few bells is all, also they mentioned space Sirens in it, hasn't finished yet so dunno how it ends...haven't mentioned Astrophle as far as I remember but its close :)

I get that, but I'm getting tired of some of these posts trying to take the p!ss. I'm legit trying to get facts seperated from fiction, not muddy up what we hardly know to begin with even more
As far as Raxxla is concerned the only facts available are "it's out there" and "we know why it hasn't been found"

After that there's what is in the codex. Everything else here is speculation and conjecture. I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Also we are all quite mad here

I get that, but I'm getting tired of some of these posts trying to take the p!ss. I'm legit trying to get facts seperated from fiction, not muddy up what we hardly know to begin with even more
When it comes to Raxxla, there aren't really any facts. Even the few bits that are canon are just rumors and hearsay.
Searching for Raxxla will always be based on extrapolation form an unsubstantial base.
The only thing we can do is to check / test out all the silly ideas we have, in game. Each idea will have a close to 100% chance of failure, but it's all we have.

Going new places and taking a close look at stuff, is the way to go.

On that note and its a tenuous one I admit but its the only way I can link this in in any way whatsoever, anyway:

Been getting distracted by BBC radio version of James Follet 'Earthsearch'. Hadnt read it but it involves a spaceship returning to Sol from a near light speed journey to try and find terraformable planets that for them lasted 150 years but in Sol a million years has passed. Anyway, Earth has disappeared! Records say it was 'moved' by its inhabitants when the Sun started to go Supernova, moved to a new solar system entirely. Just rang a few bells is all, also they mentioned space Sirens in it, hasn't finished yet so dunno how it ends...haven't mentioned Astrophle as far as I remember but its close :)

If Earth has disappeared, then where are those records kept?
Don’t tell me, “in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”” 😗

As far as Raxxla is concerned the only facts available are "it's out there" and "we know why it hasn't been found"

After that there's what is in the codex. Everything else here is speculation and conjecture. I hope that clarifies things a bit.

You forgot one. It must be the most important clue cos it came from MB himself: “it’s in the Milky Way”....

So, we just need to find Willy Wonka’s shop and buy the right bar of white chocolate to get the golden snitch ticket to get the permit to Witch’s Reach to attack the military convoy and steal the unknown key which will unlock the Omphalos Rift to allow us to reach Raxxla...
Simples!
🙄

These things "connecting" to Raxxla, like the Omphalos Rift, seems just a connection... for instance if this Omphalos is really the Thargoid device, this could indicate that the Thargoids are currently using Raxxla in witchspace to travel throughout the galaxy and beyond... just that, not that we'd be able to find it using it.

Last edited:
If Earth has disappeared, then where are those records kept?
Don’t tell me, “in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”” 😗

Actually its quite a nice solution. The 1st Footprint (Neil Armstrong on the Moon) is an historically preserved site with tourist beacons that say '1m years ago, humans first stepped on the Moon' to give the timeline accurately (clever I thought) and then theres a mining colony that got left behind and have come to view Earth as a long lost myth and not real.

They think they know where Earth went, its in a nearby nebula or something, ill get the name of it eventually and I can waste time there looking as well. Its a good distraction that will lead nowhere but will keep me occupied for a bit.

If the earth vanished in a snap, the moon would continue in the direction it was traveling. This trajectory would then be affected more or less only by the the pull of the sun. As the moon doesn't have enough speed to escape the sun even at the point of the point of the orbit where it moves fastest in relation to the sun, it would eventually settle in a stabile orbit.
This orbit would probably not be exactly the same as earth, but not to far of.

Mean orbital velocity of Moon: 1 km/s
Mean orbital velocity of Earth: 30 km/s
Escape velocity at the Earth/Moon distance from the sun: 42 km/s

If the earth vanished in a snap, the moon would continue in the direction it was traveling. This trajectory would then be affected more or less only by the the pull of the sun.
Unless it happened to wander close enough to the localised influence of another body.

Deleted member 38366

D

Got a question about "Well - "It exists, we know where it is and we know why people haven't been able to find it..."
After Drew's meeting with DB, his post from the linked Thread was in Jul 2014 (!)

That's pre-Release Beta 1.01 Phase for ELITE : Dangerous, half a year before Release (??!).
And most notably, that was still in an era of the famous old "cylinder" that limited Travel to approx. 500 Systems or so.

I can't recall "Raxxla" even being a thing back in these Days in the Forum, all attention revolved exclusively around working features up towards V1.0 Release and working out bugs.

So color me a tad confused when seeing Raxxla in conjunction with a statement from mid-2014 * scratches head *

On the statement of "it's out there" - by now I call that a case of "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

Got a question about "Well - "It exists, we know where it is and we know why people haven't been able to find it..."
After Drew's meeting with DB, his post from the linked Thread was in Jul 2014 (!)

That's pre-Release Beta 1.01 Phase for ELITE : Dangerous, half a year before Release (??!).
And most notably, that was still in an era of the famous old "cylinder" that limited Travel to approx. 500 Systems or so.

I can't recall "Raxxla" even being a thing back in these Days in the Forum, all attention revolved exclusively around working features up towards V1.0 Release and working out bugs.

So color me a tad confused when seeing Raxxla in conjunction with a statement from mid-2014 * scratches head *

On the statement of "it's out there" - by now I call that a case of "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".
If game creator confirming its existence isnt evidence there isn't anything short of giving you the coordinates after finding it that I could do to prove anything

Deleted member 38366

D
If game creator confirming its existence isnt evidence there isn't anything short of giving you the coordinates after finding it that I could do to prove anything

Unsure how to interpret your statement, my main focus was on my surprise of the Date (mid-2014) and in which early state the Beta still was.

On the game creator confirming the existing of it, my issue is the factor of Credibility.
And of that, there's virtually not much left across the board (I've adopted the very same about i.e. the former Executive Producer btw. , who also was in charge of everything Exploration).
So any statements from those persons I listen to - but take with a huge grain of salt and a truckload of reservation. Just me though...

That’s actually an interesting point. DW’s quote of DB’s utterance was in July 14 (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-day-i-met-david-braben.25158/post-536632), which from the change notes thread was at the time of beta 1.04; I think DW said this was when he met DB at Lavecon (5-6 July 14). I was under the impression from somewhere that DB had said Raxxla had been in-game since the gamma; Gamma 1.01 was released Nov 2014. So was it actually in-game earlier? Am I mistaken in my gamma belief?
Could be it was in-game from beta 1.04, or earlier, but still being realised? Seems reasonable to assume that its implementation took a fair degree of polishing since it’s a major easter egg and DB’s baby.

But yes, Raxxla has been ‘in existence’ since circa 1984!

Unsure how to interpret your statement, my main focus was on my surprise of the Date (mid-2014) and in which early state the Beta still was.

On the game creator confirming the existing of it, my issue is the factor of Credibility.
And of that, there's virtually not much left across the board (I've adopted the very same about i.e. the former Executive Producer btw. , who also was in charge of everything Exploration).
So any statements from those persons I listen to - but take with a huge grain of salt and a truckload of reservation. Just me though...
I'm sure DB and MB are the only ones that actually know specifically where/what/when/why/how anything about raxxla with 100%certainty. You may as well ask the pope to prove God's existence man. Sorry

After consideration on how frequently fdev seems to 'unintentionally' lie or be not correct. I can understand doubting their credibility

Last edited:
Top Bottom