1. can you answer if there are pirate fractions in the sol or the like? if not, how do pirates get into a closed system? Is this a flaw in the developers, or do pirates have a loophole?

2. Targoid base is a planetarium? it seems to me that this is too ridiculous ... But what if the dark wheel in the book spoke precisely of this? - You know, this is a difficult question. Your father was looking for traces of the mythical Raxxla. He wanted to know if it really exists? If the legends don’t lie, then there should be an installation created by an alien mind, with the help of which passages to other Universes, to all their treasures are opened. he may have a couple of weeks. Tell me, but there’s not one base, I’ll answer, then they found only one base and probably took it as a basis, what do you think?

3. The dark wheel. If the organization was founded in the 22nd century, then there are not many options where the station can be, at that time all a couple of systems were known. correct if it’s wrong, but it seems that the dark wheel has lost the coordinates of the raxla, if so, then the toast of the dark wheel is not the way to raxla, but something else?

Ok i searched and followed this lead alone for so long. Maybe its time to go public with it.
RAXXLA
this is the key. This is the compass, this is the map indeed.
This very word describes it.
but i didnt realized it before i read the Astrophel and Stella.
View attachment 163380

This is a page from that Astrophel and Stella. what do you see?
first thing i noticed was the roman numbers.
And thats the moment i realized it.
RAXXLA
is actually
RA XXL A
Right ascension 10 10 50
Now the last A is bit in fog for now.
but i believe it stands for "align"
you have to align something with that coordinates.
but what?
the SOL of course. The cradle of humanity.
If you go to sol, and from there you select REGULUS, (which has the Ra of 10 10 58), you will see that trajectory aligns with the gamma cassiopeia projection on the galaxy map ceiling.
I know its hard to believe and comprahend, so i wait until someone sees that.
YOu just need to go sol, Plot a direct route to REGULUS. about 78 ly away so u need the jumpaconda. From sol you look at regulus, there is that tiny little dot in the backstage, which i thought was a pivot point of galaxmap camera, but it isnt.
It is indeed, one of that five stars. Its the gamma cassiopeia projection which is floating in the ceiling of galaxy map
If you slide your cursor to the edge of map, you can see it clearly.
This video should help you to see it.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8YrqP5va74&feature=youtu.be

Please share your ideas about this. What do you think? Does it make sense? Or is it bullsht? If someone is willing to cooperate, i can share further things i found around this idea.

It's a fine idea. One that has been experimented with, quite a bit. Both RA 10 10 50 and RA 20 50 are interesting options.
The main problem is that without a declination, there is no direction. There is a 180° sector of directions. This sector forms a plane.
If you have a declination as well, you get a vector. If you have a second plane, you also get a vector.

Regulus is on the ecliptic. If you define the ecliptic as your second plane, the hypothesis is worth testing further. I've never tried jumping directly from Sol to Regulus.:)

Hey Vetinari,

Actually I can clarify your point 1!

Since I've been cataloging all known old videos and snooping for content I've come across lots of little comments like this.

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.

It would be worth placing links to all these old videos on the first page of this thread to clarify the sources!
@Macros: what do you think compadre?

Ok i searched and followed this lead alone for so long. Maybe its time to go public with it.
RAXXLA
this is the key. This is the compass, this is the map indeed.
This very word describes it.
but i didnt realized it before i read the Astrophel and Stella.
View attachment 163380

This is a page from that Astrophel and Stella. what do you see?
first thing i noticed was the roman numbers.
And thats the moment i realized it.
RAXXLA
is actually
RA XXL A
Right ascension 10 10 50
Now the last A is bit in fog for now.
but i believe it stands for "align"
you have to align something with that coordinates.
but what?
the SOL of course. The cradle of humanity.
If you go to sol, and from there you select REGULUS, (which has the Ra of 10 10 58), you will see that trajectory aligns with the gamma cassiopeia projection on the galaxy map ceiling.
I know its hard to believe and comprahend, so i wait until someone sees that.
YOu just need to go sol, Plot a direct route to REGULUS. about 78 ly away so u need the jumpaconda. From sol you look at regulus, there is that tiny little dot in the backstage, which i thought was a pivot point of galaxmap camera, but it isnt.
It is indeed, one of that five stars. Its the gamma cassiopeia projection which is floating in the ceiling of galaxy map
If you slide your cursor to the edge of map, you can see it clearly.
This video should help you to see it.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8YrqP5va74&feature=youtu.be

Please share your ideas about this. What do you think? Does it make sense? Or is it bullsht? If someone is willing to cooperate, i can share further things i found around this idea.
It's a fine idea. One that has been experimented with, quite a bit. Both RA 10 10 50 and RA 20 50 are interesting options.
The main problem is that without a declination, there is no direction. There is a 180° sector of directions. This sector forms a plane.
If you have a declination as well, you get a vector. If you have a second plane, you also get a vector.

Regulus is on the ecliptic. If you define the ecliptic as your second plane, the hypothesis is worth testing further. I've never tried jumping directly from Sol to Regulus.:)

Source: https://imgur.com/a/Vh1wVcB

Source: https://imgur.com/a/BbBfhul

Doesn't really offer much of a quest though does it? Wait until the next update and then what? Magically search the other 99% of the galaxy that hasn't been visited?

Its all tinfoil and fun and storytelling with a lot of interesting astronomy and mythology interspersed, if you cant enjoy that then try another thread but posts seeming to just invite argument will find little response here, we're having too much fun to bite.

Doesn't really offer much of a quest though does it? Wait until the next update and then what? Magically search the other 99% of the galaxy that hasn't been visited?

Its all tinfoil and fun and storytelling with a lot of interesting astronomy and mythology interspersed, if you cant enjoy that then try another thread but posts seeming to just invite argument will find little response here, we're having too much fun to bite.
As long as your having fun and your mum is proud of you bud

Hey Vetinari,

Actually I can clarify your point 1!

Since I've been cataloging all known old videos and snooping for content I've come across lots of little comments like this.

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.

Oh My Randomonius!

Now that is enlightening and answers a ton of questions all over the place and hopefully means a lot of fun to come, although it does imply a DLC type trigger which is booooo but if it has to be it has to be.

Any more like that please post, anything where he refers to fdev communication or working or game mechanics or set up is insightful and could be helpful. I thought for a long time he didn't realise how much he knew or thought we wouldn't be interested, now I suspect its the NDA he's working around.

One question, now MB has left ED who is the lore-keeper at fdev?

An interesting concept that's been passed around a few times has been that Raxxla is in a Lagrange Point. It could explain the "movement" mentioned.

Some thoughts to spark conversation:
  • TDW in Shinrarta Dezhra is a fake front run by the real Dark Wheel. META.
  • Raxxla logo looks like the panel inside stations at the back (this tinfoil is heavy). Platform 9 and 3/4 anyone?
  • Old theory about logo: It's a map; travel from a starting point to the 3rd closest system and then to the 33rd location in system. To my knowledge this has not been tested from Delphi (If my calculations are right, using Delphi as 0 lands you in Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-7 while using Delphi as 1 results in HIP 17692)
  • Speaking of Delphi, might be significant: The Greek "Omphalos stone" (assuming the Omphalos Rift is related, of course) was considered the center of the universe and it supposedly allowed communication with the gods. It was also known as the "naval of the world". Zeus sent two eagles to fly around the world at equal speeds and then placed the stone where they crossed paths at Delphi. This stone became the symbol of Apollo. So, find the "center" of Delphi? Or 5a? Or maybe theorycraft two unmodded Eagles and see where they end up?!
  • Class Y stars contain the line "...[Class Y stars] are effectively very large gas giant planets, with some stellar properties" and commonly have rings. TDW "gas giant"?
  • "The parent's grief, the lover's woe and the yearning of our vagabond hearts." might be one object instead of three separate leads. Would greatly narrow down parameters. Also note: "lover's woe", not "lovers' woe"; singular possessive, not plural.
I think the part about class Y 'stars' counting as the gas giant for the location of The Dark Wheel station is a good call. Systems with a brown dwarf / gas giant primary used to be called 'dark systems' in the lore and were not always well recorded (Elite: Reclamation talks about them in this way) so it would make sense as a place to build a hidden base.

Since The Dark Wheel's hidden station has, from the Codex entry, been around for a very long time, there might not have been that many 8th moons around which to have constructed one at the time but the number of available 'dark systems' was probably much higher.

To some extent, I think 'The Club' would have checked the obvious places for The Dark Wheel home base. People, both friendly and otherwise, have been looking for them for centuries but no such base has ever been found. I doubt permit locks would be an issue for some of these people. A permit lock would only attract the attention of the wrong kind of person. After considering this point, a 'dark system' still seems like a good place to hide a home base.

Oh My Randomonius!

Now that is enlightening and answers a ton of questions all over the place and hopefully means a lot of fun to come, although it does imply a DLC type trigger which is booooo but if it has to be it has to be.

Any more like that please post, anything where he refers to fdev communication or working or game mechanics or set up is insightful and could be helpful. I thought for a long time he didn't realise how much he knew or thought we wouldn't be interested, now I suspect its the NDA he's working around.

One question, now MB has left ED who is the lore-keeper at fdev?

Yes, it wasn't until I saw that video that a few things clicked into place. He's skirting NDA with other comments, and if DW is involved in a DLC/Lore in Elite I say all good!

Also, there is so much content covered in the videos, it'd be hard to just post stuff. More often than not it's comments like yours that triggers relevance in my brain, fortunately I can recall most of the video content, but if I stumble across anything that seems pertinent I'll post it up.

I can't comment on MB's replacement, but given the live-stream activity it isn't Paige Harvey seeming to take on that lore / enthusiasm role keeper is it?

Always on the lookout for potential suspicious activity:
In this 5 year anniversary live-stream they're jumping from SOL to ALPHA CENTAURI at 48:35 and for fun, look at Pluto and Saturn (no particular reason) just before the jump. I know they are espousing the jump sound and graphics etc, but struck me as odd. It's most likely nothing, but you never know!
Source: https://youtu.be/JLx3hbs6qmg?t=2915

Always on the lookout for potential suspicious activity:
In this 5 year anniversary live-stream they're jumping from SOL to ALPHA CENTAURI at 48:35 and for fun, look at Pluto and Saturn (no particular reason) just before the jump. I know they are espousing the jump sound and graphics etc, but struck me as odd. It's most likely nothing, but you never know!
Source: https://youtu.be/JLx3hbs6qmg?t=2915
Pluto is always interesting, in the context of the Michael Brookes tattoo.

The top left of the image probably display(top down), Triton, Charon(ferryman of Hades and moon of Pluto) and the river Styx(another moon of Pluto. Not in game) .

Pluto is of course the same god/place as Hades, located at the other side of the river Styx.

5l7wzzu.jpg

It may seem strange both mythologically and astronomically to put a sea god like Triton, with that bunch of underworld characters. There may be at least an astronomical explanation inn the fact that Triton is believed to ba a captured moon(it's to big and orbits in the opposite direction). Many astronomers thinks that Triton was originally a Kuiper belt object, like Pluto and it's moons.
In Greek mythology the sea gods were also gods of the rivers.

In the tattoo there seem to be two rivers merging into one. The other one(not Styx) is most likely Archeron, the river of woe.
Archeron is Galactic region 23.

Pluto is always interesting, in the context of the Michael Brookes tattoo.

The top left of the image probably display(top down), Triton, Charon(ferryman of Hades and moon of Pluto) and the river Styx(another moon of Pluto. Not in game) .

Pluto is of course the same god/place as Hades, located at the other side of the river Styx.

5l7wzzu.jpg

It may seem strange both mythologically and astronomically to put a sea god like Triton, with that bunch of underworld characters. There may be at least an astronomical explanation inn the fact that Triton is believed to ba a captured moon(it's to big and orbits in the opposite direction). Many astronomers thinks that Triton was originally a Kuiper belt object, like Pluto and it's moons.
In Greek mythology the sea gods were also gods of the rivers.

In the tattoo there seem to be two rivers merging into one. The other one(not Styx) is most likely Archeron, the river of woe.
Archeron is Galactic region 23.
Oh ho, that reminds me, I was looking into the comments that appear for the mission providers. Specifically the intro ones to see what was common, or unique and noted the 'Haylcon Days' on an occasional comment.

It could be another completely random comment, but seems on anedotal evidence to be a comment tied to a few specific organisations.

NOUN
halcyons (plural noun)
  1. a mythical bird said by ancient writers to breed in a nest floating at sea at the winter solstice, charming the wind and waves into calm.

Halcyon days. A tranquil period of happiness, especially in the past. The phrase refers to the period around the winter solstice that is associated with calm weather, which in Greek mythology was attributed to the power of the fabled halcyon bird that was said to calm the wind and sea.

So if people can keep an eye out for that in the text and let us know how widespread that comment is that would be helpful.​

Fly Dangerously,
    / Ra

Back
Top Bottom