Nyokojai
Freng
Ross 754
LTT 16019
LP 339-7
Gato
Tan'gunni
Guaras

Not sure what "subdwarf" means >: Like body? But then main star must be huge O/B like and list is short.
For API limit was 100ly around, so doing next:
Center: Sol
Radius: 100ly
Main star: M dwarf
Must have at least 3 giants.

Why are you filtering on “must have at least 3 GG”?

If I remember the star classifications correctly “subdwarf” would be a type M VI ( that matches the codex pic after colour correction to make the rear station lights match those of Aulin Enterprise), however it might be safer to filter on any M type regardless of subtype. I guess within a 150ly radius of Sol since the Wiki says that is the size of the bubble.

AHTW says:

“Robert pursed his lips, studying for movement. He’d never visited this planetary system. It registered explored on the maps, but was sufficiently far from civilisation to be of little interest; a common-as-hydrogen red dwarf star, an asteroid field behind them and a blue-green gas giant hovering in space ahead. And apparently orbiting the gas giant was Gunn’s Circle base” ... and later on in chapter 13 “the station’s rotation created Imperial standard gravity”

I don’t know if that means there is only an M type, asteroid belt, and a single Type3 GG in the system, or whether there are other planets. I suspect only a single GG in such a system would be very unusual? I’m also assuming the quote means a Type 3 GG from Sudarsky’s classification (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudarsky's_gas_giant_classification).

Edit: noting the statement about the station’s gravity level it might perhaps be sensible to filter on a radius around Achenar?

Last edited:
What are we doing now? I'm lost :)

Whilst you people of programming are watching and here, in my mind I have an vision of a database we can all 'question' a la EDSM or Inara. Where we can choose number of Stars, Planets, Moons, GG and other system bodies or filters. Not to find the closest station but the closest system with an A star with 8 bodies, 3 HMC, 2GG & 3 IW, secondary G with 2 Ast fields, 6 IW for example?.

I only know enough to know / imagine its a ton of work but I dont know how much Im asking....Anybody up for having a go?

Whilst you people of programming are watching and here, in my mind I have an vision of a database we can all 'question' a la EDSM or Inara. Where we can choose number of Stars, Planets, Moons, GG and other system bodies or filters. Not to find the closest station but the closest system with an A star with 8 bodies, 3 HMC, 2GG & 3 IW, secondary G with 2 Ast fields, 6 IW for example?.

I only know enough to know / imagine its a ton of work but I dont know how much Im asking....Anybody up for having a go?

A thought occurred that TDW’s stealthy station might be the same in-game as in the AHTWheel story (though as Simalucrae pointed out TDW/=CIEP; but then, since FD retconned the lore, who knows?). See my last post for AHTW extract that describes the system it’s in. Hence the proposed search on EDSM known systems near Sol/Achenar with an M type single star & a blue-green gas giant. Since the CIeP station has Imp-standard gravity, and the first mention of Raxxla was quite close to founding of Achenar, I’m inferring it might mean the station is nearer to Achenar than Sol and might explain the link between Raxxla/TDW/stealth station.

Suspect the only way to do what you want is to download EDSM data and do your own search on the JSON-formatted file (beyond my software skills!), but it’s very large, much too large for Excel (& I no longer have even that thanks to MS’ “update” process).

Yes you can, if you clone whole SQL DB to own server (100+Gb) then you can type any wishes in console.
Until then you have to use allowed interface which is limited.

Seems to me that a lot of the RAXXLA breadcrumbs have been blown way off course to lead to anything substantial. I've decided to go back to basics and look in game for RAXXLA. No lore books, Ancient Greek or Egyptian mythology etc. I came to a conclusion that some clues (if they were clues in the first place?) were/are being overly thought out way too much and kind of getting lost in translation. Nothing wrong in that, just a bit far fetched IMO.

So I've decided that I am starting to look for something that's not visible in game, if that makes any sense. I.E. Comets. Recently I saw a thread where they have been found (shown on nav panel) a little while ago. I've started in the Tau Ceti system. I have spent the last 2 days trying to find out what the hell "Avogadro Enterprise" is orbiting (maybe nothing, but!!). When I find out then I'll move on to the next when I discover where the next candidate is. (surely there can't be that many comets in game can there? lol)

Again this may be overly thinking on my part but RAXXLA may be somthing so simple as a comet or even a comet is the gateway to RAXXLA. Who knows? If I find anything then I'll find out one way or another. After all the journey is most of the fun and I've decided to simplify mine (So I believe!).

A thought occurred that TDW’s stealthy station might be the same in-game as in the AHTWheel story

That was the bit I missed somehow, all makes sense now, thanks :)

I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to make much match from the books. They couldn't even be bothered to put Tionisla orbital cemetery in. I can't imagine that would have been any harder than anything else they'd handcrafted.

Aaaargh, trigger, youve seen the 'Combat Aftermath' with the Thargs right? The ones with 6 or so Imp Cruiser (a fleet) in smoke and sometimes theres a Tharg there? So a few more ships, we've all seen Asteroid fields! I mean! Since 1984! Its in Oolite and I never even knew of that until after ED!

Yes you can, if you clone whole SQL DB to own server (100+Gb) then you can type any wishes in console.
Until then you have to use allowed interface which is limited.

Thats perfect English but I have no idea what it means or how to do it. :)

I use laptop for Internet and Office etc only. Not a programmer. Jason is a friend of mine, JSON I still have no clue, guessing from context theyre not a Drill Rapper (whatever that is). Jorki is way ahead of me in tech, I dont even know what theyre on about, but I got the idea of what they wanted to so and seen many posts asking for similar but different searches so hoped an online one could be developed for everyone like EDSM.

Did you know there is going to be a "Lemnis Gate" in the upcoming Frontier Foundry game Lemnis Gate? Way ahead searching for a Lemnis Gate.

That was the bit I missed somehow, all makes sense now, thanks :)

Aaaargh, trigger, youve seen the 'Combat Aftermath' with the Thargs right? The ones with 6 or so Imp Cruiser (a fleet) in smoke and sometimes theres a Tharg there? So a few more ships, we've all seen Asteroid fields! I mean! Since 1984! Its in Oolite and I never even knew of that until after ED!

Thats perfect English but I have no idea what it means or how to do it. :)

I use laptop for Internet and Office etc only. Not a programmer. Jason is a friend of mine, JSON I still have no clue, guessing from context theyre not a Drill Rapper (whatever that is). Jorki is way ahead of me in tech, I dont even know what theyre on about, but I got the idea of what they wanted to so and seen many posts asking for similar but different searches so hoped an online one could be developed for everyone like EDSM.

JSON is a data file format 😉
Jason went walkabout sailabout on the good ship Argo, with some good-for-nuthin chums (nauts) 😁

Oh, and SQL is standard Query Language to access databases. Not used that for around 30 years. 👴🏻

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to make much match from the books. They couldn't even be bothered to put Tionisla orbital cemetery in. I can't imagine that would have been any harder than anything else they'd handcrafted.

Nah, it would need thousands of orbiting objects in one instance to do it justice. Fairly sure the game design prohibits that.

I used to know what was going on in here....
Nah, it would need thousands of orbiting objects in one instance to do it justice. Fairly sure the game design prohibits that.
It wouldn't need to be that big. Also if you replace the word objects with asteroids it describes every ring.

They would only need to be a shell not a functioning usable ship. I've seen some pretty crazy mods in some games, I bet someone could make a mod that could make every asteroid in a ring appear as a randomized ship instead. Idk about on elite or how any of that is done. But that is a pretty weak excuse for them. Game design shouldn't prohibit game designers. I feel like its only limited by their own willingness to do so

A thought occurred that TDW’s stealthy station might be the same in-game as in the AHTWheel story (though as Simalucrae pointed out TDW/=CIEP; but then, since FD retconned the lore, who knows?). See my last post for AHTW extract that describes the system it’s in. Hence the proposed search on EDSM known systems near Sol/Achenar with an M type single star & a blue-green gas giant. Since the CIeP station has Imp-standard gravity, and the first mention of Raxxla was quite close to founding of Achenar, I’m inferring it might mean the station is nearer to Achenar than Sol and might explain the link between Raxxla/TDW/stealth station.

Suspect the only way to do what you want is to download EDSM data and do your own search on the JSON-formatted file (beyond my software skills!), but it’s very large, much too large for Excel (& I no longer have even that thanks to MS’ “update” process).

ay up, lad..

We already did that last year.. The issue with AHTW, is that it was written before ED was finished, so things like the dark systems don't exist, and the system description doesn't match exactly. The location is reasonably good, but leaves plot holes.

The JSON search of all 8th moons within 500ly of sol is being done by the Great Raxxla Potato Hunt group and is about 1/4 done I think....

Dark Wheel Station Investigation -

Soontil Investigation

Last edited:
ay up, lad..

We already did that last year.. The issue with AHTW, is that it was written before ED was finished, so things like the dark systems don't exist, and the system description doesn't match exactly. The location is reasonably good, but leaves plot holes.

The JSON search of all 8th moons within 500ly of sol is being done by the Great Raxxla Potato Hunt group and is about 1/4 done I think....

Dark Wheel Station Investigation -

Soontil Investigation

Eyoop mate!
Ah, but I don’t believe Lyta Crane’s claim that it orbits an 8th moon! I think the codex pours sufficient doubt on that claim that it’s likely a red herring. What about all the potential blue-green GG with 0, 1 to 7 moons? If you discount those you could have filtered the correct system out.

Eyoop mate!
Ah, but I don’t believe Lyta Crane’s claim that it orbits an 8th moon! I think the codex pours sufficient doubt on that claim that it’s likely a red herring. What about all the potential blue-green GG with 0, 1 to 7 moons? If you discount those you could have filtered the correct system out.

It could be something to mention to the Potato Hunters. I think they may send John Wick after you though... A full 500ly scan of all blue/green gas giants would surely run into the tens of thousands. Too much for a spreadsheet-based hunt. Their current one covers thousands of systems... I'll make sure that some of their guys see this :D

edit: A quick bit of research shows that I'm wrong. They are covering 67,000 systems... . I should let them point it out though... just for points!

Last edited:
Top Bottom