speaking of Cambridge.

For some reason, i’ve often wondered if Raxxla was as a fancy (meta) Easter egg; the Elite dangerous version of Paul Woakes’s Damocles,
Where on the planet Dion, you could find the authors computer and his chair.

the author’s chair, was the fastest ship on the game,

and the author’s computer allowed you to destroy stellar bodies. Stop time. Unlock any lock, an in-game back door for the author.

Source: https://youtu.be/NEjhuPzV0l0

Now I don’t expect a full slew of cheats in elite dangerous, but I can’t help but think of Targ, Eros and Damocles and that sneaky, hitchhikers guide styled Easter egg, whenever I think of Elite dangerous “walkies” edition. -I wonder What would the pylar commanders brother in law say to all of this

Last edited:
speaking of Cambridge.

For some reason, i’ve often wondered if Raxxla was as a fancy (meta) Easter egg; the Elite dangerous version of Paul Woakes’s Damocles,
Where on the planet Dion, you could find the authors computer and his chair.

the author’s chair, was the fastest ship on the game,

and the author’s computer allowed you to destroy stellar bodies. Stop time. Unlock any lock, an in-game back door for the author.

Source: https://youtu.be/NEjhuPzV0l0

Now I don’t expect a full slew of cheats in elite dangerous, but I can’t help but think of Targ, Eros and Damocles and that sneaky, hitchhikers guide styled Easter egg, whenever I think of Elite dangerous “walkies” edition. -I wonder What would the pylar commanders brother in law say to all of this
There's a moon in Pollux named Cambridge. i find this interesting because there's nothing there. You would think if they were to name a moon for their home town it would at least have something there, right? Why name an empty moon?

Having a new insight on the toast, it isn't a map to find Raxxla, but a map to find their station. This may invalidate the idea of being near the 8th moon of a gas giant.
The toast itself is one of a elegant prose describing the system in which to find the station.

To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies!
Star orbiting black hole?

To the whisperer in witchspace, the siren of the deepest void!
I'm not up on my exploring, don't black holes whisper/sing? Or is that a NS?

The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts.
Two planets in orbit of eachother, never to embrace?

Actually,I believe none of these bodies described are planetary bodies, but all stars/black holes. Basis for hypothesis being stars: "The Princess & The Spiralling Stars". Basis for the toast being a system map: "For those with eyes to see".

I think that a unique system is described in the toast, and using the star descriptions in the toast we can find and verify the correct system.

PS_Messages_20200929_111149.jpg

This is a lovely mountain on Cambridge with a nice view of Pollux 2

Actually,I believe none of these bodies described are planetary bodies, but all stars/black holes. Basis for hypothesis being stars: "The Princess & The Spiralling Stars". Basis for the toast being a system map: "For those with eyes to see".

I think that a unique system is described in the toast, and using the star descriptions in the toast we can find and verify the correct system.

The Spiraling Stars sound more like pulsars or white dwarfs. Black holes dont really spiral, sure the stars bend, but no real spinning. I'm a big fan of the stella angle, I've been hunting down one path for a a year now — always the same results — You find coincidences but never anything solid. Started to blend into events of 3303. Story is currently being researched but took a break to help my squadron.

I thought they were black holes , its actually mentioned in the 'alien worlds' book. Says its behind a wall of them. Who knows how much of that is truth...

A question though,
What the flarkin is “The Princess & The Spiralling Stars"
I’ve tried googling for the book and landed on something bizarrely from the 1800 or something.

is it an in-game reference to that in-game sci-if author that was in galnet? The one that disappeared and came back, bad sales / publicity stunt gone bad?

it seams like a “look here”
Which then turns out to be a big massive instant dead end with a just lot of emphasis put on it, or have I missed something revolutionary by having a typo when searching on the internet?

Last edited:
The Spiraling Stars sound more like pulsars or white dwarfs. Black holes dont really spiral, sure the stars bend, but no real spinning. I'm a big fan of the stella angle, I've been hunting down one path for a a year now — always the same results — You find coincidences but never anything solid. Started to blend into events of 3303. Story is currently being researched but took a break to help my squadron.

I thought they were black holes , its actually mentioned in the 'alien worlds' book. Says its behind a wall of them. Who knows how much of that is truth...
Given enough time, effort and tinfoil one can find connections and coincidence everywhere, especially if you really want it to be there. This is the danger in our little obsession

Just gonna update my theory. I had said that Raxxla, if it is intended for all players to be able to find, that means that raxxla may be a planet but whatever secret it holds must not be on the planet since that would exclude non horizons players.
just announced is that starting October 27th, Horizons will be free to all base game players.
meaning that if they’ve made updates to raxxla, which I assume they have, it may well now all be planet bound.
further the last CG gave all players the Akenar permit, which until now required Empire rank to get.
seems sus.

A question though,
What the flarkin is “The Princess & The Spiralling Stars"
I’ve tried googling for the book and landed on something bizarrely from the 1800 or something.

is it an in-game reference to that in-game sci-if author that was in galnet? The one that disappeared and came back, bad sales / publicity stunt gone bad?

it seams like a “look here”
Which then turns out to be a big massive instant dead end with a just lot of emphasis put on it, or have I missed something revolutionary by having a typo when searching on the internet?

You need to read the in-game Codex entries on Raxxla & The Dark Wheel 🙂
The reference is “Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars”

Edit: it doesn’t seem to exist! Nearest we’ve found is “Astrophel and Stella”, plenty of mentions in this thread!

Last edited:
I'm coming up with:
white dwarf, orbiting black hole
neutron star, pulsar
brown dwarf, red giant

It feels rather fitting and FDev like to have a riddle based on star types/life cycle.
Some sections seem to want to fit:
Jewel that burns - white dwarfs with hearts of diamond.
Whisperer in witchspace - neutron star
Siren of the deepest void - pulsar
Parent's grief - brown dwarf
Lover's woe - red giant or star in the end of cycle

Last edited:
Why do you think Raxxla can be found? Like someone will decipher it's location and find it?
DW: "We know why people haven't been able to find it"

For me it means that Raxxla is somehow hidden, behind permit etc. and so it can't be found but it is in the game.

I'm coming up with:
white dwarf, orbiting black hole
neutron star, pulsar
brown dwarf, red giant

It feels rather fitting and FDev like to have a riddle based on star types/life cycle.
Some sections seem to want to fit:
Jewel that burns - white dwarfs with hearts of diamond.
Whisperer in witchspace - neutron star
Siren of the deepest void - pulsar
Parent's grief - brown dwarf
Lover's woe - red giant or star in the end of cycle

Parent’s Grief (Death of a ‘sun’) could be black hole, or supernova remnant
Lover’s Woe could be co-orbiting planets, or a planet with asteroid field from destroyed planet, or planets co-orbiting at opposite sides of a star so they can never meet.

Does a NS really whisper in witchspace?
A pulsar is a highly magnetized rotating compact star that emits beams of electromagnetic radiation out of its magnetic poles, so in-game another NS.

Not looking to me like a system description, but could be 6 5 directions to which glasses are raised, with TDW station being at the centroid (i.e. where the toast is occurring). 🤓

Last edited:
Top Bottom