Mmm, not really, that’s what it looks like & it is on the way to Heart & Soul. The strung out line of bright stars is probably due to the inaccuracy of astronomical measurements of distance & there are a few examples of that in E D where real astronomical data has been imported into the Stella Forge.The Galactic Mapping project is, as I understand, a player group with no links to FD, although there is nothing to prevent FD making use of any their name attributions.

I am more intrigued by the incorrect positioning of the Broken Heart nebula IC 1805, which is a very visible group of stars also on the way to the Heart nebula, whereas in reality it should be within the Heart neb since IRL those stars are dissipating the gas to produce the hole in the Heart. This was at the heart (pun intended) of one of my earlier hypotheses (reported in this thread) and I spent a long time exploring around there. I did find two systems with the same name but different system maps. I also explored the Broken Heart Cluster, which is way back above Barnard’s Loop.

The string of bright stars happens because a particular RL astronomy survey identified a bunch of stars in that angle - the line points to sol as it is a piece of sky surveyed by a telescope fixed to that angle. All the stars have S171-### names - S171 being the Spitzer young star survey in the star catalogue. All the stars have bright O or A stars - interesting bunch of systems if you want multiple black holes and massive blue stars - I did go through them all and others have too - in EDSm its called the siren of the spinward stars, but that's a player description.

'.

There are other examples of such surveys in the game, mostly concetrated about nebulae etc.A list of the Spitzer survey can be seen here:

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0067-0049/184/1/18/pdf (warning - big pdf :) )

You're pointing out of Thorncroft Terminal made me wonder - Thorncroft / Tornquist?

Tornquist or Törnquist or Tørnquist is a surname of Swedish origin. The word can mean"Thorn twig" or "thorn branch".

Thorncroft terminal is in Kuwair, meaning "small seawater canal".

Im there now, nothing out of the ordinary, lots of pirate contracts for the neighbouring system.

Then again Tornquist alway made me think of Eumaeus, who lived in a hut of thorn branches and welcomes Odysseus the wandering vagabond...

Made me wonder too.
Someone recently pointed out to me that Tornqvist also may be related to something called the Tornqvist Index, but I myself can't seem to make sense of its application to the quest. Though I too noticed the Thorny Branch reference, I still have never been able to make any sense of it. Seeing you talk of Eumaeus is totally new info to me and only makes me think that it may be more relatable than I had previously noticed. Glad to see you clearing up the Kuwair meaning as well. To me, you've made the most sense, and have connected it the best. Dahan is a river in Taiwan, and the system has a station called Dahan 3 Metalworks. I've suspected this might be the place we might get secret drive tech, like what we might be seeing with the turning Mamba, but my efforts came up dry once again.

Transformed in show, but more transformed in mind

More thoughts on the links between Greek myth and a possible meaning of the relationship between Donars Oak and Delphi.

To clarify there is no real information here to indicate that Donars Oak is any sort of clue, but what if it were, what follows next is simply an attempt to find a common link.

On a whole both germanic and Greek cultures do have a conjoined ancesty, which goes way back to the proto-Indo-European area. There are many simularities (which I wont go into here) but I think Donars Oak and Delphi in ED is a deliberate clue and given its proximity, combined with some of the historical references here I feel it realistically probable the commonality is something to do with Hercules.

Tinfoil at ready.

Hercules clubs and Donars Clubs.

Roman historian Cornelius Tacitus (AD 56 – c. 120) mentions a special affinity of the Germans for 'Hercules': "they say that Hercules, too, once visited them; and when going into battle, they sang of him first of all heroes".

Hercules clubs were also a form of pendant not just an actual big stick, in the Germanic history there is some connection for these also being called 'Donars clubs'.

We then have Frigga (Odins wife / mother goddess) who has a star constellation named after her - Friggs Distaff. Commonly known as Orions belt (Hurcules belt) which was named so as it spins through the sky (spiraling stars).

Within the Greek myths of Hercules, he visits the Oracle at Delphi, named as: Xenoclea, the Pythia, whom he goes to see after pushing someone off a wall or other...you know what he was like... Xenoclea, wasn't too happy about that and to make matters worse old Hercs pinches her tripod, like that wouldnt make things worse!

Anyhow all of that nonesence was responsible for Xenoclea deciding to enslave Hercules to Omphale (Omphalos) and thats when he ends up spending some time in a frock holding Omphales distaff!

This is referenced in Philip Sidneys Arcadia - where he's depicted holding a distaff as part of a rather fetching and bejewelled broach that belongs to Pyrocles (troubled with fire) whos found in a wood (grove) near mount Maenalus.

"a very rich jewel, the device whereof...was this: a Hercules made in little form, but set with a distaff in his hand (as he once was by Omphale’s commandment)".

Mount Maenalus has a star constellation: Mons Maenalus (a modern / forgotten constellation introduced by Johannes Hevelius in Prodromus Astronomiae (1690)).

The constellation straddling Mons Maenalus is Bootes, close by is Serpen and Orion.

Mainalos

The mountain took its name from a character in Greek mythology. Maenalus, eldest son of Lycaon, king of Arcadia, its also sacred to the god Pan who frequented it.

The same mountain is mentioned in H P Lovecrafts 'The Tree' which is set in Arcadia ' Lovecraft being a favourite of MB.

Bootes is also home to the Bootes Void (the great nothing). Arcturus, designation α Boötis is the brightest star in the constellation of Boötes.

Intersting note Xenoclea also attends the Castalian Spring after dealing with Hercules, this is situated in a ravine between the Phaedriades at Delphi, where the Pythia had a quick wash before the oracle-giving business kicked off.

Edit: The Pythia has links to Rhea?

The constellation Serpen is also adjacent to Mons Maenalus and Orion (dragons again).

Roman poets regarded this mount as a source of poetic inspiration.

Philip Sidney references it in Astrophil and Stella: "You that do search for every purling spring. Which from the ribs of old Parnassus flows".

"The waters of Parnassus” (Castalian Spring) also known as Philanthropia.

According to some mythological versions it was here that Apollo killed the dragon, Python, that guarded the spring, and that is why it was considered to be sacred!

One other path of inquiry was 'groves'.

Norse myth was centred around nature, not physical structures or deities. Thors Oak or Donars Oak may have been a nice big tree but its more likely to have been a nice big tree within a grove, and it would have been that place not the object which was considered sacred.

Within Pembrokes Acrcadia, groves pop up all over the place...especially where young Pyrocles is concerned?

Is there a path of alignment from Delphi to Orions belt? Is this a route to find Raxxla?

Is the constellation Mons Maenalus of some similar importance?

Hercules’ Club: Zanthoxylum Clava-Herculis....is a type of thorny bush. Another word for a thorny bush could well be Törnqvist or Törnquist or Tørnquist is a surname of Swedish origin. The word can mean"Thorn twig" or "thorn branch".

Pareidolia? Interpretational bias? Probably very likely, but I hope it triggers some thought.

Im currently making a killing in Thornycroft Terminal prior to accending Mons Maenalus.

Last edited:
The string of bright stars happens because a particular RL astronomy survey identified a bunch of stars in that angle - the line points to sol as it is a piece of sky surveyed by a telescope fixed to that angle. All the stars have S171-### names - S171 being the Spitzer young star survey in the star catalogue. All the stars have bright O or A stars - interesting bunch of systems if you want multiple black holes and massive blue stars - I did go through them all and others have too - in EDSm its called the siren of the spinward stars, but that's a player description.

'.

There are other examples of such surveys in the game, mostly concetrated about nebulae etc.A list of the Spitzer survey can be seen here:

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0067-0049/184/1/18/pdf (warning - big pdf :) )

Yes, I’ve visited them all several times, and dived all the BH looking for Raxxla.

Last edited:
Decided to do an in-depth analysis of the recent trailer.
I think they may have revealed something.
Possibly have found something of interest to some of you.
2 possible Dark Wheel station locations found. Literal vanishing planets and hidden systems,
two 8th moons of gas giants that vanish from radar. Ghost Worlds.
o7

Nice video....

I did a quick trip over to the systems you covered....
  • Firstly Pink Floyd video - very apt! ;-)
  • I couldn't replicate the human signal at ADS 10329 B5... it was my first visit to the system, lots of degraded emissions and pirates at the asteroid belts but nothing weird for me...
  • ADS 4229 ABC / PMSC 05322+3026 is truly weird being separate systems and yet in the same system (I searched for the PMSC system and jumped to it and whilst the ADS system appears as a separate system in nav, you can fly to it and if you try and jump to it, it says destination is obstructed)..... 26 AURIGAE D is also a bit weird as the icy planets don't show up when you scan the system using the field spectral analysis to discover them (I'm guessing because they are tiny by the looks of it, looked like empty targets until I got very close when flying to them).
  • I couldn't replicate the bending jump... (how do you do this? where do you jump from and to?)
  • Odd behaviour - "bodies that vanish from your radar" - I couldn't replicate this myself, do you have a video of it? or can you explain more?
I have recorded most of the stuff mentioned above and if any of it is of interest, let me know and i will upload...

keep the good work going! o7

Nice video....

• I couldn't replicate the human signal at ADS 10329 B5... it was my first visit to the system, lots of degraded emissions and pirates at the asteroid belts but nothing weird for me...
  • ADS 4229 ABC / PMSC 05322+3026 is truly weird being separate systems and yet in the same system (I searched for the PMSC system and jumped to it and whilst the ADS system appears as a separate system in nav, you can fly to it and if you try and jump to it, it says destination is obstructed)..... 26 AURIGAE D is also a bit weird as the icy planets don't show up when you scan the system using the field spectral analysis to discover them (I'm guessing because they are tiny by the looks of it, looked like empty targets until I got very close when flying to them).
  • I couldn't replicate the bending jump... (how do you do this? where do you jump from and to?)
  • Odd behaviour - "bodies that vanish from your radar" - I couldn't replicate this myself, do you have a video of it? or can you explain more?
I have recorded most of the stuff mentioned above and if any of it is of interest, let me know and i will upload...

Awesome! PMSC will sometimes come up as blocked, from what I can tell this is cause the jump point is a the B star, (this is actually the entry star due to mass). You'll need to get close to it to get a good shot at it, and if that doesnt work try moving around at different distances. As for the bending, its been tough to replicate and may take a few jumps when you target the PMSC system. You can literally get within 1Ls of the system pre-jump and for whatever reason you will bend at times. This seems like its tied to trying to time the jump to happen as you pass up the jump point, because you'll fly through it and as the FSD is already in motion and engaged itll make the correction by bending. So, timing and distance (closer the better) seems to be the trick.
But I did it by jumping from ADS 4229 to PMSC.
The anomalies you're experiencing with 26 Aurigae D are new to me.

As for the vanishing bodies. Ive experimented with friends with this and all of them were able to replicate it. It's a distance thing and seems tied to the orrery and its first ring.
If youre outside the first ring of the orrery for ADS 4229 the planets vanish. iirc, for one system it's when too close iirc, and for one its when too far. Im gonna have to go through my footage again. Once you enter/exit that orrery ring, they reappear/disappear. The distance from Aurigae C for them to reappear is about 1K Ls,
maybe a small bit more.

For both systems (attachments below), the Red circles are showing the bodies that vanish when too close or too far from them.

Thanks for the questions and the follow up research.
Let me know if this isnt working still and I will try to revisit to do a more detailed discussion on its exact behaviors.

Here are the gifs of the missing bodies showing distance.

GIF- ADS 4229 #1
GIF- ADS 4229 #2
GIF- ADS 9338 #1

Attachments

• 359320_20200818104439_1.jpg
    359320_20200818104439_1.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 359320_20200818113827_1.jpg
    359320_20200818113827_1.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Nice video....

Simples! 🤓
According to Simbad (http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-basic?Ident=PMSC+05322+3026&submit=SIMBAD+search) PMSC 05322+3026 is also known as 26 Aur (a double star Ads 4229 ab), aka ADS 4229 C, while if you check ADS 4229 (http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-basic?Ident=ADS+4229&submit=SIMBAD+search) it is also known as 26 Aur & 26 Aur C. So these two systems that seem to be so close together are actually a single system IRL that has been imported from two separate astronomical catalogues with slightly conflicting data. Presumably early in the import process during game build Stella (pun intended) Forge did not implement much in the way of data error checks.

Looks like there should be a binary pair AB and a third star C in the system if the import had gone properly, but some astro data is a bit sketchy due to manual identification etc.

Last edited:
Interesting looks like a player submission.... but interesting
There’s a post on the forums about the true North Star (galactic) and it must have made Galnet (there’s a link to an old news item too, so Frontier must have put it in game when they were a bit more responsive)

Last edited:
You're pointing out of Thornycroft Terminal made me wonder - Thornycroft / Tornquist?

Tornquist or Törnquist or Tørnquist is a surname of Swedish origin. The word can mean"Thorn twig" or "thorn branch".

Thornycroft terminal is in Kuwair, meaning "small seawater canal".

Im there now, nothing out of the ordinary, lots of pirate contracts for the neighbouring system.

Then again Tornquist always made me think of Eumaeus, who lived in a hut of thorn branches and welcomes Odysseus the wandering vagabond...
This.

I have an older post (which i can't seem to find right now) where i go into detail with it, but Art Tornqvist means Bear Thorn-Branch, the name Arthur seems to mean "son of the bear/warrior-king". Maybe a connection with Arcturus, which means "guardian of the bear". Or with one of the Ursa's (ursa is bear in latin), because permit-locked Polaris of course. And Polaris also has a weird connection to Sir Phillip Sidney, because he wrote Arcadia. Polaris also has the name "Star of Arcady". So my money's on Polaris as Raxxla-location/Raxxla-clue for now.
I have some other ideas but I have to confirm/deny them. (most likely deny :) )

edit: added meaning of "ursa"

Club Raiders Project - August Results to Date

7 Club faction instances removed, 2 expanded, a net loss for the Club of 5 systems:
  • Janus Incorporated removed Pleiades Sector DL-Y D65.
  • Sirius Mining Merope removed from Pleione, Celaeno, and HR 1183.
  • Wreaken Construction removed from system HIP 78267
  • Aegis Research removed from system Celaeno
  • Sirius Corporation removed from system Ross 47
  • Sirius Mining expanded to HIP 44560 and Ben Sakha.

Pleiades Anti-Club/Lore Squadron + Discord

PLEIADES HISTORICAL SOCIETY [PLOR]
has formed to explore the mysteries of the Pleiades, and to combat regional factions affiliated with The Club: Aegis Research, Janus Incorporated, Pleiades Resource Enterprise, and Sirius Mining Merope. The mystery of HIP 22460 is of particular interest, including The Black Flight, Megaship Overlook, and the involvement of Pleiades Resource Enterprise.

Members and non-members welcome at the discord server: https://discord.gg/BQUuSYP. A fair amount of resources and guides are available for research, including the in-progress Hitchhikers Guide to the Pleiades

Active Campaigns
  • Wolf 202 - Sirius Hyperspace
  • LHS 2887 - Sirius Corporation
  • Pleione - Aegis Research (Next: Pleiades Resource Enterprise)
  • Pleiades Sector PD-S b4-0 ("The Last Stand of Sirius Mining Merope")

Last edited:
There’s a post on the forums about the true North Star (galactic) and it must have made Galnet (there’s a link to an old news item too, so Frontier must have put it in game when they were a bit more responsive)

Ya thats kinda what i meant. There was a time when we could submit possible points of interest and frontier put a number of them in game. Not saying that it isnt meaningful but if we are looking for something based on an axis that has been in game since the beginning... just a little sceptical.

Simples! 🤓
According to Simbad (http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-basic?Ident=PMSC+05322+3026&submit=SIMBAD+search) PMSC 05322+3026 is also known as 26 Aur (a double star Ads 4229 ab), aka ADS 4229 C, while if you check ADS 4229 (http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-basic?Ident=ADS+4229&submit=SIMBAD+search) it is also known as 26 Aur & 26 Aur C. So these two systems that seem to be so close together are actually a single system IRL that has been imported from two separate astronomical catalogues with slightly conflicting data. Presumably early in the import process during game build Stella (pun intended) Forge did not implement much in the way of data error checks.

Looks like there should be a binary pair AB and a third star C in the system if the import had gone properly, but some astro data is a bit sketchy due to manual identification etc.
Same with the ghost system near LFT 509

Top Bottom