Yes, interesting interpretation. I remember on DW2 we visited a Carbon star high above the galaxy with a nice circular view of it laid out below, but can’t remember the name offhand, it’ll be in the DW2 list of waypoints.

Edit: ah yes, waypoint 8 Goliath’s Rest, planet b1 of Swoals IL-Y e0, primary neutron star, B star was huge Carbon (29xSol), had to use neutron boosts to get to it, 2,850 light years above the galactic plane, on the fringe of intergalactic space. Nice place for a picnic, but forgot the meat paste sandwiches and apple pie for desert, but still celbrated the view with a fine lavian brandy!!

'Bad Gateway' link. I modded out a Phantom with FSD booster and AFMU, 64ly jump range and full on mats for jumponium.. I should be good.

'Bad Gateway' link. I modded out a Phantom with FSD booster and AFMU, 64ly jump range and full on mats for jumponium.. I should be good.

Ah, sorry, did wonder if you could access it.
My Phantom was only 58ly cos I went prepared for bear. With 64ly you should have no problems, providing you dont crash into a star or planet!

Swoals IL-Y e0 would certainly suit the first line, but I’m pondering the second. What could count as the deepest void (with a NS) as viewed from there? The deepest void is above you-interplanetary space!

I’m still dubious about having to sell the data to TDW at SD. Since there was no return route planned for DW2 I returned via Colonia and sold my data to Jaques. I’m hoping I haven’t received the DW invitation without knowing, (presumably because I haven’t yet been to the second point), because I can’t rescan the first ... without restarting my character-ain’t going to happen! My young clone Tyko could do it I suppose...

I think I’ve died a couple of times since doing the DW2 expedition (on my drive to get RSI, arthritis and combat elite 🥺)... but perhaps if I travelled to the second point that might still count 🧐

Edit: however the fly in the ointment is that I don’t think neutron boosting was in-game from the outset.

I am looking at a system that is 2 black holes and a neutron star, very dangerous as you only will have a few minutes of flight time before you don't have enough fuel to return. The other candidate has a white and yellow scoopable and the planets have all the raw material to make jumponium. The second candidate is far easier to get to, but having the ability to scoop and make jumponium could be a designed helper from FDev, not sure.

Edit: however the fly in the ointment is that I don’t think neutron boosting was in-game from the outset.
Remeber, this solution isn't to find Raxxla or constrains on its location or date believed to have been added to the game. We are only following a possible solution to the toast, what it will reveal we have no idea. This may be the mission to get an invite to TDW, who themselves are searching for Raxxla. From this premise, a starting point of 0,0,0 to a system on the very edge of the galaxy feels right. Similar to “made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs", a way to measure ones piloting and exploration skill.

Last edited:
True. However I still have some doubts-scepticism comes easily at my age! Agreed this is aiming at TDW invitation, & have already discussed sale of data issue. But if this is TDW membership path & that is required as part of the Raxxla Quest then TDW toast should have logically come out when the SD special missions disappeared....
So the conclusion is
TDW membership is not required to find Raxxla, the two gameplay paths are totally independent?

Just pondering possibilities! But I do like this hypothesis being unrelated to mythology!
Still pondering the second line & destination. Probably need to get in-game and peruse galmap.
How did you find your system with 2BH+NS? I can’t get EDDB/bodies or Spansh/bodies to do a logical AND operation.

[...]
One thing that occurred to me while lying in bed last night was that we know TDW are antagonistic to The Club, and were keen to expose The Club’s Dynasty plot, elitism, and historic manipulation of humanity. So a possible membership requirement might be to have visited all the Dynasty bases and read the message logs (which are stored in your commander’s database...convenient for testing by “TDW”). I’ve done FRift and Conflux (during DW2) bases, but haven’t yet been to the Hawking’s Gap bases. Anybody done all of them? It would be a lot of travel and therefore could appeal to a band of explorers and adventurers!
I visited all the bases and the Zurara at that time. But I didn't notice anything special after that. - I have to admit that Raxxla was not sooo important to me back then. I might have missed it. ..

I know lore and mythology suck and don’t seem to provide answers but there’s got to be a reason why we’ve been told to “read lore” and history so many times in the past.

The Zurara for example was possibly named after Gomes Eanes de Zurara, a Portuguese chronicler tasked with voyaging with Henry the Navigator, who apparently was fixated on locating Prester John (mentioned in Galnet article for Raxxla).

Zurara’s accounts were seemingly lost for a long time and found much later on in history. Perhaps drawing a parallel to The length of time the Zurara ship took to be rediscovered. It could be nothing but it is fun looking up the references the writers use.

I’m finding myself to be focusing again on SAP 8 Core Containers as far as in-universe lore is concerned. Mostly due to the fact that they contain crystal shards, sourced from who knows where.

I searched Galnet for mentions of Crystals and didn’t get much but one of my favorite articles the one about Supratech’s Torc wearable computer mentions it being crystalline and uses cutting edge holograms “to surround users in their own personalized world”. (I’m still convinced the whole series of articles concerning these two devices, The Torc and Duradrive are alluding to something more intriguing.)

Then I searched Elite Premonition and found that The Club met at a restaurant called “The Crystal Sky Restaurant”. Coincidentally this restaurant does not accept reservations and only invites people to dine there based on certain criteria. Sounds very similar to The Dark Wheel’s rumored form of recruitment to me. This place “gave occupants the impression they were magically suspended in a dream world, and just a step down from the vastness of space.”

Another mention of Crystals in Premonition was in The Tionisla Orbital Graveyard. Salome’ and Hassan are both awestruck when they saw a tomb described as: “A great crystalline structure, a puff ball of diamond-bright needles. Easily 100 meters across. Within it a body dressed in red military style clothing hovering in stasis within the great construct.” Then, That’s it. It’s not mentioned again. No hint as to why this object was significant enough to be written about or why it was described in such detail. I wonder what drove the author to imagine such an object and describe it for his readers? It could be some other Easter egg I’m not aware of admittedly.

Drew got to see behind the scenes for this last book, I don’t believe he’s telling the full truth about not knowing anything regarding Raxxla or Soontill or whatever we call it, nor could he admit it if he wanted to. NDA...

Even after it was discredited, staunch supporters of the Omphalos Rift theory insist that the author of the children's story had knowledge of Raxxla's exact location and deliberately wove clues into his book.

Yes, SAP8 & data crystals crop up a lot but we found no way of opening/reading them. I believe some were dropped into the thargoid machine just in case with no result. Perhaps there’s another way-perhaps related to Guardian tech? I’m particularly intrigued by the Project Equinox data archive which seems to be set up for a search, but we have no clues yet on location. Maybe there’s another LP yet to be found...

Could well be that these crystals are discussed in detail in the FD internal lore book which was made available to Drew & the other authors (obviously to ensure the lore revealed in their books aligned with the FD game lore) but he/they can’t say more because of the NDA. However Drew has repeatedly said he knows nothing of Raxxla and FD reserved that to themselves; he didn’t have to say that & I don’t think he’s misleading us. It is possible that FD took his or the other books and used details therein without the authors knowledge for some reason we have yet to discover. But several attempts have been made to discover things in-game based on the books & so far no result. More bedtime reading!

Last edited:
In the Codex there’s one NS reported in The Void, Flyae Proae LC-S d5-2
it’s a long way out!!

And The Void is galactic region 42 (https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Galactic_regions), and interestingly nearby is “Wagar’s Reach”. I found Void Passage and it’s on EDSM-star islands need 100ly jump range so plenty of jumponium!

But I’m sure I’ve seen another mention of “void”...
Edit: “void extract coffee” (can I have one with my lavian brandy please?) but think also something like “Silentium Void”...
Edit2: ah, “Solitude Void”, region 40, left of Silentium

Last edited:
Oops, while calculating the median point (-15554.59/ 1360.64 / 36418.45) of those two possibilites (in case the toast is taking place there on the stealth station) I just read properly the full EDSM description of the Carbon Star @ Goliaths Rest...it goes on to say...

“With its primary Neutron Star, this system serves as a distant point of departure for those trying to reach 3,000ly above the galactic plane. Nearby are multiple black holes and Neutron Stars reachable only with jumponium at the upper limits of the galactic ceiling.”

This sounds to me like a much likelier match for the second line!!!
I.e. we’re a legendary group of adventurers, explorers, investigators and treasure-hunters; if you’re a brave and competent pilot interested in joining us go to “the highest burning jewel (Carbon Star) on the brow of (above) the galaxy”, then jump to a NS on the edge of the galaxy (possibly also with a BH, since that really would be the deepest void!). We’ll be in touch....

Mmm, might need to engineer an exploraconda and go walkabout, though I do love my Phantom! Must stock up on Jumponium.

Last edited:
Top Bottom