Probably not important but I noticed that the name Imogen is used for the third time, for a Galnet character.

First: Imogen Gabrielini (aka Eccy G.), Aislings mother: https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5f64d21fe255f63e2b17985a
Second: Dr Imogen Ryang, museum historian: https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5c654c658e7e7d1ef82cf56c
Third: Imogen Luciana, Imperial Ambassador: https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5f8eccd964813d010413e662

Coincidence or hidden message?

Drew got to see behind the scenes for this last book, I don’t believe he’s telling the full truth about not knowing anything regarding Raxxla or Soontill or whatever we call it, nor could he admit it if he wanted to. NDA...

He usually says he cant talk about things due to NDA. He doesnt usually deny any knowledge.

Why would he know? Who would tell him and why exactly?

and interestingly nearby is “Wagar’s Reach”

Wagars Reach was an unofficial player named area. When they got changed from numbers to names Wagas Reach was submitted to Frontier and they chose something else. The map with Wagars Reach on is the unofficial player named map while they were still Numbers but before being named.

Probably not important but I noticed that the name Imogen is used for the third time, for a Galnet character.

First: Imogen Gabrielini (aka Eccy G.), Aislings mother: https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5f64d21fe255f63e2b17985a
Second: Dr Imogen Ryang, museum historian: https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5c654c658e7e7d1ef82cf56c
Third: Imogen Luciana, Imperial Ambassador: https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/5f8eccd964813d010413e662

Coincidence or hidden message?
I’ve noticed this as well. From a writing standpoint you’d try to make sure there’s variation in the names of your characters. Not continuously reuse the same name unless.

Others will tell you it means nothing but I think it could be something. I have to find the exact quote but I’m pretty sure one of Drew’s characters mentions there’s a pattern and connection between various stories and events that get put into Galnet. She says that they’re all related and then ends up investigating Wreaken Construction.

Either you’re starting to see the light Han Zen or you’re descending into madness. 400 Billion star systems and a needle in a haystack. Statistically the odds are very much against anyone solving the mystery without a little nudge in the right direction.

“You have to make some things obvious.” -MB

The question is what are they making obvious?

Edit: From a quick read, Imogen is a character in two of Shakespeare’s plays. Once as a “Ghost Character” meaning a character who’s inclusion in the script appears to be accidental because they never take the stage and don’t have any lines. Once as an actual character with a role involving someone trying to seduce her and decapitation.

Last edited:
To add fuel to the fire which I’m sure I’ll be criticized for. Imogen is used 3 times like you said Han Zen.

Once in an article referring to stolen pieces of artwork. In that article 3 pieces are stolen. 2 of these works of art are real and you can look them up. One of these works of art is fictional as in made up by Galnet’s writers and named Terra Absentia.
Perhaps it’s a watchword for something missing or lost.
Terra: Land
Absentia: In absence or missing
Seems very much on the nose to me.

The name is used again in an article describing the discovery of a lost nuclear missile that was rediscovered.

It was used again in the article about dead mother of Aisling and wife of now deceased Harold Duval.

I think by "lore" they specifically mean Elite / Elite Dangerous lore.
Also there's an area of space LITERALLY CALLED "The Void". That particular wording gets referenced A LOT. Might wanna do a deep-dive there, if anyone has a ship with long jump reaches...
Quite a time ago, was it in this thread, someone mentioned a list of systems names containing the letters '…RA XX-L A…'. And I found that list even more appealing when I recognized that the only system in that list that not exactly contained RAXXLA – PHEIA BRA XX-L C7-0 – was buried deep in "THE VOID". Let me tell you, you do neither dive deep in the void nor do you climb high. You take whatever route you can get to your goal… (that could be a reason to have a FC 🤔 )
In the end it was a challenging and therefore nice trip but surprise: No Raxxla! After visiting PHEIA BRA XX-L C7-0 I poked around in the void only a little but I did not find anything suspicious.

I think by "lore" they specifically mean Elite / Elite Dangerous lore.
Also there's an area of space LITERALLY CALLED "The Void". That particular wording gets referenced A LOT. Might wanna do a deep-dive there, if anyone has a ship with long jump reaches...

Just for information, I'm in the Void atm. Been there since last December. However, I've been inactive for much of that.
In the Codex there’s one NS reported in The Void, Flyae Proae LC-S d5-2
it’s a long way out!!

And The Void is galactic region 42 (https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Galactic_regions), and interestingly nearby is “Wagar’s Reach”. I found Void Passage and it’s on EDSM-star islands need 100ly jump range so plenty of jumponium!

But I’m sure I’ve seen another mention of “void”...
Edit: “void extract coffee” (can I have one with my lavian brandy please?) but think also something like “Silentium Void”...
Edit2: ah, “Solitude Void”, region 40, left of Silentium
By NS do you mean neutron star? I believe the codex only ever shows the first one registered to it, and a second one for the first you visit yourself. I can definitely say I've visited more than one neutron star in the region.

Just for information, I'm in the Void atm. Been there since last December. However, I've been inactive for much of that.

By NS do you mean neutron star? I believe the codex only ever shows the first one registered to it, and a second one for the first you visit yourself. I can definitely say I've visited more than one neutron star in the region.

Welcome back stranger! Not heard from you since DW2!
Yes, I forgot it only shows the first one...🤓

Tiny bit obvious so players know what they are doing...

Infinite Scan

Thargoid bases - carry UA to open door - star map mechanism has holograms of objects needed - next bit hmmm, but Canon et al got there - follow the line - follow the line - land at the pointer
Tharg stuff - honk - 'listen to them' - solution (how to doesnt mean can understand what it means eg wireframe missed by many)

Guardian Sites - Key Sites - experimentation not that hard - selectable objects - Ground Sites - Towers pop up as you drive around - selectable objects hint - other towers similar to Key sites, once one charged by experimentation just a case of finding the others - end point selectable for BP

Guardian 'Doors' - ???

FSS now easily IDs sites & all POI / USS
DSS makes finding them much easier and scans Rings

Just musings about how much thought needs to go into 'activating' something currently. Most if not all players would get there with most stuff. Interpreting some of it is way beyond the average player I would suggest but individuals or teams have seen 'something' and built on it and often been proven right or revolutionary. Some of it is easily interpretable by selectable objects.

So are we missing something? Have we not interpreted something we already know about? All those sounds and beeps from objects all over, is there more than one layer somewhere?

A few days back I was asking here about which star would be towards "east/right" on the galaxy... and here is the reason:

I arrived at Shinrarta, found a signal source Convoy [Thread 0] and decided to drop at it just to find 4 NPCs (the Keelback was loaded with 31 Trinkets).
The NPCs were chatting to each other as follows (see picture)

Screenshot_0001.jpg

Let me know what you think about it and also consider the video
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b9SmuWK-5Y
(go to time 2:25)

Happy hunting!

A few days back I was asking here about which star would be towards "east/right" on the galaxy... and here is the reason:

I arrived at Shinrarta, found a signal source Convoy [Thread 0] and decided to drop at it just to find 4 NPCs (the Keelback was loaded with 31 Trinkets).

View attachment 192116

Let me know what you think about it
I wouldn't spend anytime fretting over that. It's a simple reference to Peter Pan and his directions to Neverland. He got there by aiming at "the second star to the right" and flying "straight on till morning." Just come copy writer being cheeky.

View attachment 192116

Let me know what you think about it and also consider the video
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b9SmuWK-5Y
(go to time 2:25)

Happy hunting!
I actually asked the guy who posted this video where he got that from. The system being shinrata. He told me it was on a discord chat but he didn't have any hard copies of it like a screenshot. It piqued my interest as well.

Yeah, only been playing again in spurts. I actually haven't been back to the bubble since we set off. I did turn up long after everyone else had finished, made the detour to Colonia (didn't make it to BP this time around), had my Asp E transferred there, then headed out to the Void in it.

I got to BP then, because there was no official return route planned, went back via Jaques & scanned a few undiscovered BH on the way. But I decided to get back to the bubble & Quest for Raxxla/TDW again- it’s addictive, but frustrating!

Top Bottom