The Star Citizen Thread v5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sound design in SC is hit and miss. There's a few very cool ones but a lot of pretty drab stuff.
As for that video, gotta love the epic missile impact explosion at 1:05. The sound even does the inception-horn. Too bad there's no visual effect at all. And that ship explosion at 2:14... that's pretty sad. Remember when they showed the AWESOME ship destruction sequence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10TAH5LVCow

There's a world of a difference between that, and what's in 2.4

MVP explosion, if you want better explosions you can buy it in the store -_-

Ahh you ppl.....Physics are bad,sound is awkward,FM are horrible,bugs are everywhere...etc..No wonder that CIG tagging you with names,I mean what do you guys expect they just enter in alpha stage after just 5 years of development???Who give us any rights to criticize alpha after such great progress in short time.....let's come back in here after few decade's when SC enter's in beta stage...I promise you something wonderful is going to happened but until then we need to support our "leader" and his lovely wife by throwing piles of cash on them!!!

in case that maybe some of you missed this is the latest acting of Sandi G.(2 times awkward award winner this could be the third)she start at 33sec.

[video=youtube;cDcuO2YBHQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDcuO2YBHQw[/video]

Last edited:
I would like to know what do other people here think of SC's progress so far ?
Are you satisfied? Neutral? Dissatisfied? Hopeful ? Beyond hope?
crying_with_laughter_emoji_ios_ver_by_emojiiii-d8zsdqy.png

Is this, so far, what you were hoping for?
I think you can guess my satisfaction level so far, so no need to explain myself I hope, just wanted to know if I'm (we're) the only mad ones here.

Last edited:
I think it is probably fair to leave a critique of Ms Gardner's acting skill out of this one. Given the visuals on offer there, CiG can hardly be accused of spending a fortune on set design! ;)

FerinexuS

Banned.
Banned
you're clearly excited about it fella - there's nothing wrong with that - i'm just curious how you can't see any fault in these things when it's often staring you in the face only 4mins apart on the same video?

The lack of e3 action really set alarm bells ringing.

All they needed was someone playing the first hour of Sq42. That's it. Surely that's ready by now? Just a big screen and one hour of gameplay and all the worries could have been eased, all the naysayers silenced and I'd not be asking these questions - heck just put it on youtube but i look and... and.... no it's just people chatting :/

Why am I "clearly excited about it" lol? It's just a machinima video, I think you are confusing my excitement for planetary landings with a machinima video. ;)

As for E3 it's not a big deal imo. They gave priority to Gamescom, happening in Germany one month later and there's still CitizenCon in October, it's in LA this time I think.

As for explosions nothing in the PU as topped the Constelation Destruction Tech Demo but I have hopes that we can see some of that awesome work in Squadron42 when we blow some pirates. In Star Citizen, being a online game performance issues get into the way.

Here's to explosions:

[video=youtube;rkm4RCoRWz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkm4RCoRWz0[/video]

[video=youtube;c0UMLPNx5CY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UMLPNx5CY[/video]

Ahh you ppl.....Physics are bad,sound is awkward,FM are horrible,bugs are everywhere...etc..No wonder that CIG tagging you with names,I mean what do you guys expect they just enter in alpha stage after just 5 years of development???Who give us any rights to criticize alpha after such great progress in short time.....let's come back in here after few decade's when SC enter's in beta stage...I promise you something wonderful is going to happened but until then we need to support our "leader" and his lovely wife by throwing piles of cash on them!!!

in case that maybe some of you missed this is the latest acting of Sandi G.(2 times awkward award winner this could be the third)she start at 33sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDcuO2YBHQw
It's a little sad.

Why am I "clearly excited about it" lol? It's just a machinima video, I think you are confusing my excitement for planetary landings with a machinima video. ;)

As for E3 it's not a big deal imo. They gave priority to Gamescom, happening in Germany one month later and there's still CitizenCon in October, it's in LA this time I think.
Er.... I was saying you were excited about the game? That's what we were talking about, not just one video.

Videos still only harming your cause :( Thanks for the details about your next shindig

FerinexuS

Banned.
Banned
Ah excited about Star Citizen? Ofc! Aren't we all? Just look at all the time spent chatting about it.
As for the videos "harming my cause" lol what cause? I'm not the one on a mission here, Star Citizen Game thread = Star Citizen Game content.
Toumal brought explosions to the table and I shared some more. This is the Star Citizen thread after all. The Constelation has the best explosions so far.

This one shows some cool manoeuvring using an inferior ship and TrackIR (go figure).

He's just pointing and shooting. The flying is minimal, as in minimal viable flying.

This one some basic X on target while evading

Yes, pointing and shooting, some nice decoupled flying which doesn't particularly look so hard?

And this one is EVAC manouvering :D

errr ok.

None of these are even close to what I expected to see as an equivelant to Isinona's flying.

Ironicaly, Isinona posted a new vid yesterday.
I'd recommend a gander and see how much more important actually flying properly means as opposed to just aiming and shooting.

but I have hopes

Exactly.

Also those videos are disingenious, especially the "Explosions in Star Citizen 2.1". They contain effects showed off by CIG which no player has ever seen in their own game. And if you checked 2.4 lately, you'll see that none of that stuff is in the game either by choice, or by regression.

BTW regarding the tagging of customers with derisive terms such as "snowflake":

hPYvgza.png

As someone else put it:

"This must be fake and a lie, and if it isn't, then I'm actually ok with it."

Last edited:
Even by our occasionally biased levels of digging, I think a poll with 5 respondents isn't really good for much, beyond a talking point! :)

Maybe if CiG email it out to all 1 million backers and then publish the result :p

FerinexuS

Banned.
Banned
Until you play Star Citizen you can't understand it by just watching, it looks easy and basic but there's more going on. Just watch Froogles video, he talks about it.
When someone dishes about Elite being boring you think they have played the game? Or even understand what's going on? Seeing does not = Playing.
I can't find anything remarkable in Insonias video, the last one at least seemed a bit stall. I got a bit bored tbh and fast-forward much of it, that doesn't mean I think the Game is Boring per se or that I would call it that, I'm the first to understand that I don't have enough knowledge about the game to grasp it's intrinsics and humbly assume my ignorance by not reviewing it based on that.
You see I'm not a space fanatic per se, I like Star Wars but I'm not crazy about it, I've never played any of Chris Roberts game, I didn't even knew him before Star Citizen appeared. I backed because of the idea of a game being made with restrictions from consoles, a Full ON PC game no holds barred. It was not because of flight model simulation or twitchy/\arma fps. I backed the idea not the features. That's why I'm happy with the direction even with the delays, because I see them pushing that idea.

Still with the fluffy stuff lol how about talking about games, you know the thread :)

• Forum » Off-Topic » General Gaming Discussion » Space/SciFi Games » The Star Citizen Thread v5
Btw, nice 5 vote chart! Way to make a point lol

Last edited:
I think it's the laughing stock of the video game industry. It presents the largest discrepance between big mouthed announcements and actual delivery ever happend in video game history. It's the most expensive broken Crysis mod ever made. And the whole thing might kill the space game genre again, when it goes belly up.

It also demonstrates the mainstream video gaming media completely failing at their watchdog role and it shows that these outlets of the game publisher marketing departments are basically useless and redundant. I mean they are not even able to play the video games they review:

[video=youtube;d3pQ0oO_cDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE[/video]

just wanted to know if I'm (we're) the only mad ones here.
I'm not really mad, just interested in this trainwreck to learn from it. Learning from your mistakes is important, so you can't be fooled twice. I was a day one backer after all. Every new revelation is not only more or less funny, it's also another lesson learned.

Are you satisfied? Neutral? Dissatisfied? Hopeful ? Beyond hope? http://orig09.deviantart.net/a0e8/f...aughter_emoji_ios_ver_by_emojiiii-d8zsdqy.png
Is this, so far, what you were hoping for?
I think you can guess my satisfaction level so far, so no need to explain myself I hope, just wanted to know if I'm (we're) the only mad ones here.

Dissatisfied and far from being hopeful. I don't care what the scope is, or how ambitious the far far end project is. If the game is stuck in one place for this long, after all the money they got, if they cant make a fluid FPS controls on CryEngine, then I`m worried.
No I`m not a game dev, but I`m a customer, and the product that I paid for is not moving along nicely. Also, main reason why I got SC is spaceships, not interactive movie with Garry Oldman, not FPS shooter in space - spaceships. And so far flight model is not really there yet, and really not fun with HOTAS.
I wont refund because I got only the basic pack, and as a gift, but I have no idea how ppl can be so enthusiastic about all this.
And yes I`m very upset about SC and I like express it on the FD forums. ;)
Citizen Vasea Azure out.

Last edited:
Until you play Star Citizen you can't understand it by just watching, it looks easy and basic but there's more going on. Just watch Froogles video, he talks about it.
When someone dishes about Elite being boring you think they have played the game? Or even understand what's going on? Seeing does not = Playing.
I can't find anything remarkable in Insonias video, the last one at least seemed a bit stall. I got a bit bored tbh and fast-forward much of it, that doesn't mean I think the Game is Boring per se or that I would call it that, I'm the first to understand that I don't have enough knowledge about the game to grasp it's intrinsics and humbly assume my ignorance by not reviewing it based on that.
You see I'm not a space fanatic per se, I like Star Wars but I'm not crazy about it, I've never played any of Chris Roberts game, I didn't even knew him before Star Citizen appeared. I backed because of the idea of a game being made with restrictions from consoles, a Full ON PC game no holds barred. It was not because of flight model simulation or twitchy/\arma fps. I backed the idea not the features. That's why I'm happy with the direction even with the delays, because I see them pushing that idea.

Again you probably forget that majority of us in here played Star Citizen and honestly if you asking me it's look far better when you just look videos cause I am having one of the worst gaming experience of my life when I playing that broken and awkward piece of .hit....

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom