A nice idea. I'll ask my BMNV squadron about getting involved seeing as we are already for hire to affect things like the bgs. Currently working on some stuff with AXI. We're newly formed but here to do this sort of stuff.

However...

I think it'll be a waste of time. If there is one thing I've learned in ED, is that it is extremely wooden when it comes to scripted adventure, and even more wooden as a mechanic that supports player driven adventures. Given the scope of the game it's a huge miss. Things like galnet being removed and CG's ended kind of tells you where ED is heading - for more wooden-ness, rather than less.

Humans have an innate desire to explore and find adventure where there should be none, and we easily over-compensate in fantasy driven by this emotional need for adventure but ED isn't really there yet. Of all systems you'd expect not to be able to affect, Sol would be it.

I spent a few days creating my own little adventure trying to find Walden. Allying up with every mf. Trying to see if Lave 2 was anything to do with it after I saw Jet Lave mf npc's travelling towards the planet's surface Etc. It didn't really matter that I knew nothing would happen, but it's just about fantasizing for a moment. The shame is, even a little scripted bit of text and a couple of random missions would be enough for many elite mysteries. It would add a feel of the original.

The fact that Braben says Raxxla is in ED means nothing to me - much easier to say than do... but it would be nice to find out.

I also would've thought getting TDW out towards Lave would make more sense with the original lore. Certainly in systems between Sol and Lave. Other than that, I'm not sure Sol has much to do with the original Raxxla lore? Though I'm going from a lot of childhood elite memories, some of which I'd have read, some I probably falsified myself from my own fantasised adventures.

Last edited:
The smell of sweat, old beer and cigarettes engulf the CMMDR as the cockpit lights flicker on, "ah i knew i had a message!" the CMDR reads the Standing Orders and spins to the left, "Shinra? really? those old bogies who like to kill for fun and make other CMMDR's "walk the plank"?" He turns again and looks at the Objectives, a small bead of sweat rolls down his forehead as he starts the engines up "Theres one, two, three and four, all good to go! hydrogen pump at 100, shields at 100, lets do this!"
He patches in to the Local comm group
"This is CMMDR Dan, I stand with the rest, the explorers, the combat junkies, the Onion Heads, the ones who never give up the search, we are here, we are now, we have to win this, or die trying!"
SO SAY WE ALL!

A truely awesome idea to bring together a huge chunk of the Elite Dangerous community. Love that it's about lore and the BGS, and nothing to do with Power Play.

I sincerely hope FDev gets behind it and ensures that the permit locked mechanic only applies to PMFs and not TDW..

Last edited:
This is the kind of creative, make your own fun with the "cardboard box" idea that set the Elite Dangerous community apart - I can't wait to take part in this and see what is possible! Also, it will be a great introduction to BGS play for me.
o7
This is my intro to BGS too. And the fact that it's just not one squad but dozens working together. It's a thing a beauty... creating our own CGs in the vacuum of CGs we were left with.

A huge THANK YOU to CMDR Kai Zen for putting this together!

I'll be glad to help but still , got some doubt , I remember some case where the dark wheel expanded but was not supposed to and got "unexpanded". Maybe i was just hearing rumor at this time tho.
Count me in when borann is not at rush .

Great idea but this might be spending resources in the wrong direction? [apologies for the vagueness of what follows, as I am going off memory (and, as one of the old '84 players, my memory isn't what it was!). I will try to find sources];

A few years ago, Micheal Brookes whilst he was still heavily involved in ED, stated (and I don't think he was pulling our collective legs?) that a player CMDR had already been in the system that contained Raxxla (but had not found Raxxla itself) i.e. they had gone in, 'honked' and moved on. This may have been mentioned at FX17(?) and there may be a record of it - I will try to find the source...

Also, Raxxla's location is (on?) the moon of the ringed 7th planet in a system [again from memory]. I'm sure Drew, or some other 'lore keeper', can confirm it's true lore location.

So;
  • if we found the date of the Michael Brookes statement,
  • found out what systems had been visited by players at that time,
  • confined this down to those system that have moons around their 7th (?) ringed planet,
  • send everyone to this system to investigate...!

Still a lot of work, I know, but if the system has already been visited by a player, if does not sit behind a permit that is impossible to obtain. Indeed, it may not need a permit at all?

Whilst pushing The Dark Wheel in to Sol (if this is possible) will, I'm sure, trigger something, the system that contains Raxxla has already been found (well, visited at least!).

Top Bottom