Na this is one that I literally popped in the system and looked at all stations on all landfall planets, as well as orbitals, looking for Wreaken bases. There was one, on a last body, first or second moon, said "Dark Wheel" and I think had one of those "++" designations. I forget it if it said Survey, or what. It pi**es me off because I thought, "how odd, I don't know this system...I wonder if one of those guys have a secret system being staged..." and went on looking for more Wreaken sites. I'm literally frantically looking at browser history and trying to find what systems people have said they have found Wreaken in, between 2016 to now.

A couple of the things in your post were unfamiliar to me so I had to look a little bit.

Wreaken is a corporation. This is the first time I've heard the name.

I would surmise that the installation you saw may have been called Dark Wheel (for whatever reason or coincidence), but that doesn't mean that is is an installation/facility that belongs to The Dark Wheel faction...

Plausible?

Last edited:
I'm now hoping that this initiative draws out the real Dark Wheel.

I just popped into a Shinrarta convoy dispersal signal. They were all Dark Wheel ships. Some wanted and some clean. Their conversations were very green..."remember take a right at the second star...or was it a left?"
They were also all mostly Novice and Competent ranked. As we know, the Dark Wheel are Elite pilots, as their emblem even implies. Namely they are exceptional explorers.

"Oh, they're out there alright. I've never met them, but I know they're out there. Think about how well known the stories are. Now think about how easy it would be for some two-bit band of hucksters to pass themselves off as the Dark Wheel and start trading on their reputation. Doesn't happen, does it? Not for long, anyway. Whenever someone tries to usurp the Dark Wheel name, sooner or later they get quietly shut down. And that's how I know"

I'm now hoping that this initiative draws out the real Dark Wheel.

I just popped into a Shinrarta convoy dispersal signal. They were all Dark Wheel ships. Some wanted and some clean. Their conversations were very green..."remember take a right at the second star...or was it a left?"
They were also all mostly Novice and Competent ranked. As we know, the Dark Wheel are Elite pilots, as their emblem even implies. Namely they are exceptional explorers.

"Oh, they're out there alright. I've never met them, but I know they're out there. Think about how well known the stories are. Now think about how easy it would be for some two-bit band of hucksters to pass themselves off as the Dark Wheel and start trading on their reputation. Doesn't happen, does it? Not for long, anyway. Whenever someone tries to usurp the Dark Wheel name, sooner or later they get quietly shut down. And that's how I know"
Walt Disney's 1953 Peter Pan suggests Neverland is located in space, adding a "star" to Peter's directions: "second star to the right, and straight on till morning." From afar, these stars depict Neverland in the distance.

Did you know it referred to the Orion constellation? Start from the left of the hunter's belt (visible throughout the world from December to April), take a right at the second star then head straight to a shimmering star-forming cloud. Follow those instructions and you'll arrive at the nebula of Orion.

I've been out there a few times but there was a lot of systems I didn't Thoroughly investigate. Could be worth further investigation.

Also, the emblem in which you speak is player created. The only emblem officiall shown for them in any manner is in the codex

Last edited:
Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 9 - 10 Sep 3306

I predicted today would be good for The Dark Wheel, and it is!
We are pending war in LTT 5455 against the current ruling faction GQ Virginis General Corporation. Shooting starts tomorrow.
We also arrived in an invasion to Turdetani. This little system is just 19 light years from Lave and well within its expansion range. We have a war to win first, shooting again starts tomorrow.

Today, have a day off, or boost a few things locally in our systems. There may be a carrier op to clear the Infrastructure Failure in Anyanwu.

Please do not do any of the following as they help the enemy:
Do NOT work for other factions in our systems, unless requested in the orders.
Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.
Do NOT hand in trade goods or cartography data to stations that we do not own.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
- Bounty Hunting in LFT 926, Anyanwu or HR 4979. Save up for LTT 5455 after tick tomorrow.

Commodity Trading
- Profitable trades into TDW owned ground stations in Shinrarta

Missions & Passengers
  • Missions for TDW in any system except LTT 5455 or Turdetani.
  • Missions for CIA in LFT 926 any type (they have slipped a bit again)

Exploration Data:
- Hand in TDW ground stations in Shinrarta

Please continue to use EDMC or similar tools to keep local data up to date.

Keep Spinning The Wheel, Hamsters!

Walt Disney's 1953 Peter Pan suggests Neverland is located in space, adding a "star" to Peter's directions: "second star to the right, and straight on till morning." From afar, these stars depict Neverland in the distance.

Did you know it referred to the Orion constellation? Start from the left of the hunter's belt (visible throughout the world from December to April), take a right at the second star then head straight to a shimmering star-forming cloud. Follow those instructions and you'll arrive at the nebula of Orion.

I've been out there a few times but there was a lot of systems I didn't Thoroughly investigate. Could be worth further investigation.

Also, the emblem in which you speak is player created. The only emblem officiall shown for them in any manner is in the codex

I've briefly passed through. But I almost always avoid nebulae anymore, since they tend to be over explored, compared to more remote locations. Commanders are naturally drawn to them. Most of the time, I get to a nebula and find that there's nothing left to explore lol. But the star density is pretty thick there though.

My new thing is between arms. I try to travel in parallel with them. I figure, they are the closest to "dark systems."

I've briefly passed through. But I almost always avoid nebulae anymore, since they tend to be over explored, compared to more remote locations. Commanders are naturally drawn to them. Most of the time, I get to a nebula and find that there's nothing left to explore lol. But the star density is pretty thick there though.

My new thing is between arms. I try to travel in parallel with them. I figure, they are the closest to "dark systems."
Tags on bodies and having been explored for secrets is not in any way the same. I wouldn't presume that just because someone flew through with an fss and dss that they've also searched by parallax or continued to fly a few 1000 ls past the furthest body just in case something was out there.

Tags on bodies and having been explored for secrets is not in any way the same. I wouldn't presume that just because someone flew through with an fss and dss that they've also searched by parallax or continued to fly a few 1000 ls past the furthest body just in case something was out there.

This is true. There are many systems I find, where it was clear that the commander was just FSSng the habitable zone of the star. I have found really nice ammonia worlds, by at least finishing the scan. I'd wager I've been through a system that posses a structure, some 500,000ls in. My question is, we know Guardian sites will appear, within 1000ls of a body, but what about Thargoid sites? Those are namely found, via, the old POI/ purple circle flyover method, right?

Everything seems to have its own characteristic and how it is discovered. Guardian sites show in sensor, within 1000ls, Thargoid sites do not and have to pretty much be visually spotted, and who knows how RAXXLA, or other alien tech might be found, if they exist. I still feel like Merope 5c still holds a very big secret. There's a reason the probes are still drawn to it today (still point to it).

Last edited:
Taken from the Standing orders on the Elite Week Discord https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq

Orders 10 - 11 Sep 3306

We are now at war. Conflict Zones might take a few hours to show up.

War in LTT 5455. Support The Dark Wheel against GQ Virginis General Corporation.
War in Turdetani. Support The Dark Wheel against Uniting Arque.
Bounty hunting in our other systems and handed in to the war systems also assists.
The Infrastructure Failure has been cleared from Anyanwu.

Do NOT hand in bounties for any faction other than The Dark Wheel in our systems.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
  • Bounty Hunting in LFT 926, Anyanwu or HR 4979. Hand in to LTT 5455 and Turdetani to assist the war effort.
  • Conflict Zones in both LTT 5455 and Turdetani for The Dark Wheel.

Commodity Trading

Missions & Passengers
  • Combat related missions for TDW in LTT 5455 or Turdetani.
  • Missions for CIA in LFT 926 any type. We help them because it fixes the defenses of our system.

Exploration Data:

Just Checking: Bounties for Pilots Federation to be handed in at IF as will work against us yes? I seem to keep getting these wherever DW is in charge as well as DW ones :)

Everything seems to have its own characteristic and how it is discovered.

I always think that its not working totally efficiently the way it perhaps should be? Because of the different ways things show up and the irregularity of it. I never see anything within 1000LS unless its human. However, my guaranteed way of finding is to DSS it and see what shows up, both in info panel in top right and look for crashed ships etc in Nav Panel. Sometimes will say Thargoid 1 and nothing in Nav Panel, have to get into Orbital Cruise and sometimes see the circle on the ground and can target still BEFORE it shows in the Nav Panel? I have no idea why so this is my foolproof method to make sure I miss nothing. After DSS it sometimes shows within 1000LS, sometimes it doesnt and I have no idea why so I keep detailed Excel records. Im on XB and this could purely be down to processing power, internet or whatever but that 1000LS without DSS has never been reliable for me.

In addition FSS is guaranteed to show Tharg, Human, Guardian and Geo/bio if left long enough so can easily check at source. Crashed ships for me seem to have dropped off this (from one patch / update to another they briefly showed as 'Other' in the FSS) and flipping Fleet Carriers just add multi human signals and mess the whole thing up so manual checking is almost always necessary.

Orders 11 - 12 Sep 3306

Wars are both 1-0 in our favour. Continue the fight! (Orders same as yesterday.)

War in LTT 5455. Support The Dark Wheel against GQ Virginis General Corporation.
War in Turdetani. Support The Dark Wheel against Uniting Arque.
Bounty hunting in our other systems and handed in to the war systems also assists.

Tasks for today:

Bounty Hunting & Combat:
- Bounty Hunting in LFT 926, Anyanwu or HR 4979. Hand in to LTT 5455 and Turdetani to assist the war effort.

Commodity Trading

Missions & Passengers
  • Combat related missions for TDW in LTT 5455 or Turdetani.
  • Missions for CIA in LFT 926 any type. We help them because it fixes the defences of our system.

Exploration Data:

I'm not an expert on the Lore of all the interactions between Pilot's Federation, The Dark Wheel, "The Club" etc.

Specifically in Shinrarta the Pilot's Federation is the owner of Jameson Memorial station and are set at 0% influence so cannot be challenged for control. Shinrarta is not a normal system for BGS purposes, though we could have expanded out from there with sufficient work.

I'm not an expert on the Lore of all the interactions between Pilot's Federation, The Dark Wheel, "The Club" etc.

I'm not sure there is one besides DB and MB who wrote it, everyone else is an educated guess and a lot of tinfoil. Any BGS 'inside' information could be very important though, as in if and how they are different, any known facts could help. But this initiative is changing my POV of how they work, wasn't expecting them to follow us and give bounties. Why is the fun part, observing and noting is the first stage. How did DW get to LFT 926 in the first place, were they always there as possibly a BGS starting point?

Top Bottom