UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
But from the sound of that it means they can only be found in the Pleiades?

Your original statement gave me hope I could find one out where I was :(!! Haha

I think I'm linking his talk about their origin to the fact that the symbol on them looks like Barnards Loop, I might head over there soon and have a looksee... (could be miles off on that but it is an instant connection in my mind)

I tried this, and also landslides. nope.

Just because you tried it doesn't mean that isn't the right conditions, I tried it to, even one of these sections is a HUGE area that would take a long time to search properly.

Do any of these systems contain a black hole?

pleiades sector gw-w c1-3 is 23ly away, it has a binary planets... neither of them are landable, but each have many landable moons.

pleiades sector lx-t b3-0 is 23 ly away , has 2 landable planets.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Currently out at Lagoon nebula, I just want to know if I'm wasting my time.

Do you really expect after finding just one of these things that suddenly all the information will be laid bare? Never gonna happen, nor should it.

@Mehk: the same thing happened with the freefloaters. A guy on X1, alien to The Canonn and this thread, bumped into one by chance. To find one no science is required, just pure luck.

J02vTjh.jpg
It looks like a Thargoid ship.

Great we've found one.
Now... how do we find more... what's the pattern?

Well, this is what we get about Merope 5 C from the spreadsheet:

System: Merope
Dist From Star: 5,096.47
Orbit Parent: 5
Orbit Parent Type/Atmosphere: Class Y Dwarf/267K
Surface Temp: 297
Tidally Locked (to orbit parent): Yes
Type: Rocky body
Gravity: 0.18
Volcanism: None
Volatiles: Lost most
Ice:
Rock: 86.00
Metal: 14.00
Notes: Barnacles found at -28.3507, -156.4025

Now we'll have to extrapolate from what we have.

I have said it once but I will repeat since everything is getting lost in this thread, I've added a picture this time, This is what the place it was found looks like from orbit:

See how it's pretty damn obvious? I theorized in the last thread they could be in these because FD describe them in a video as being mineral deposits, and that's the ideal place for a Barnacle to grow its meta alloys.

I would be willing to bet this is the special condition it requires. And I will be testing it shortly by scouring the hell out of other bits like this on the same planet, and then on other planets around the place.
I've also been to many of these when I came across them even before even knowing about this barnacle stuff, no luck either.

Also no barnacle but something that came out from being annoyed by not finding anything interesting at all http://imgur.com/V1QmjCu,VQXHKow,fy5CPSk

I think I'm linking his talk about their origin to the fact that the symbol on them looks like Barnards Loop, I might head over there soon and have a looksee... (could be miles off on that but it is an instant connection in my mind)
Very possible. Its just his use of Nebula instead of Nebulae, and the original question asking about where to find them, makes it sound like Pleiades is the only location

My original thought was we could only find them in Pleiades, and if I stumbled upon one out in another Nebula, it would be luck

Its sort of a sadistic win-win scenario that has me sad at the results lol

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom