Ultra + is a disgusting downgrade

UP6 brings the display level of ULTRA + and runs at the level of ULTRAFORCAPTURE

BUT,the effect of U + is much lower than that of ULFC

There is nothing wrong with U +, but you can provide additional options for players with better hardware.

Without ULFC, why should I go to the Odyssey to explore and screenshots instead of the horizon??

this is ULFC
QQ图片20210801123154.jpg
QQ图片20210801123404.jpg

and now ULTRA+

QQ图片20210801123145.jpg

I would check before getting the pitchforks whether you have changed the default settings after the patch hit. Because for me it set FSR as the scaler in performance mode, which can cause visual artifacting.

UP6 brings the display level of ULTRA + and runs at the level of ULTRAFORCAPTURE

BUT,the effect of U + is much lower than that of ULFC

There is nothing wrong with U +, but you can provide additional options for players with better hardware.

Without ULFC, why should I go to the Odyssey to explore and screenshots instead of the horizon??

this is ULFC
View attachment 253954View attachment 253955

and now ULTRA+

View attachment 253953
Blatantly obvious texture load-in issues. That isn't working as intended.

I would check before getting the pitchforks whether you have changed the default settings after the patch hit. Because for me it set FSR as the scaler in performance mode, which can cause visual artifacting.

I've turned off FSR. Ultra + is significantly different, not some pixels or resolutions, but it's a mapping based planet landform, while the previous ULFC was a full model LOD, which is the essential difference. I tried to improve the ULTRA+ mapping from 1024 to 2048 in the XML file, but I couldn't reach the degree of ULFC

I don't question the improvement of the whole UP6, interesting surface color and lower highlight material. In fact, I did the same thing with reshader a month ago and widely publicized odyssey in my own circle, but now he completely eliminated the vision ulfc, and the space scene of the planet has completely become a plane map instead of a vision model. I don't think it's appropriate, At least one more option of a truly complete model should be reserved for players with enough frames.

can't understand why don't keep the highest option, but lower it...
I've taken thousands of screenshots at Odyssey, just a few examples:
(Don't mind the lower right corner, it's just the screen mark I made)
UP6 before

EliteDangerous64 2021-07-22 23-54-45.jpgEliteDangerous64 2021-07-23 00-46-38.jpgEliteDangerous64 2021-07-25 11-48-44.jpg

NOW....
EliteDangerous64 2021-08-01 12-07-44.jpg

There are no more screenshots because I don't want to run the game for the time being.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
can't understand why don't keep the highest option, but lower it...
I've taken thousands of screenshots at Odyssey, just a few examples:
(Don't mind the lower right corner, it's just the screen mark I made)
UP6 before

View attachment 254049View attachment 254050View attachment 254051

NOW....
View attachment 254053

There are no more screenshots because I don't want to run the game for the time being.

I really dont want to go into the my pic / your pic debate because it goes nowhere, but after up6 I have indeed seen lots of planets with the detail you show in the first pics you have here. Example:

OHjILn3.jpg

wYrfa3v.jpg

Vhe28mu.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone explain here what im supposed to be looking at that is bad? Both pictures look good. Op's picture comparison is of two different pictures though so im having issues seeing what is supposed to be wrong.
Edit: Also cant tell who is being sarcastic and who is not :(
The Ultra + OP posted is quite blurry and very low resolution. I'll mark a particularly bad spot, where it's a jagged edge due to how low res it is.
blurry2.jpg

But overall it's poor quality. Blurry, jagged edge, low details, lack of depths....

Not confirming or denying OP, I didn't visit many planets since patch 6. Just helping you to see since it was apparently not obvious enough :)

Top Bottom