Update 11 Patch Notes

Was able to disembark to my Carrier when I logged in the first time but got back on my ship and now get back off onto my carrier. Relogged, Changed ships, Redocked etc. Still no joy.

Edited, there is a work around, use backwards key to get off, different for all other seats.
Is that because it’s a stool and the others are real chairs?

Genuine question as I still have a couple of hours downloading to go.

In the FC love the Data terminal integrations and that little animation in the commanders chair on the bridge. Also like the jump warnings on the local monitors. The crew does not bow to me so going to have to deducts points!

I admit that despite myself I was kind of excited to meet my NPC crew that I spent a lot of time re-rolling to get stylish eyewear, tats and a variety of cool jackets...

Then this happened...

Frontier, I've forgiven you for a lot of sins over the years but this is unequivocally the most you've ever hurt me. Worst patch ever.

Edit: Oh they all have to wear the same bland outfits even on re-rolling them? What the actual hell are you playing at...

Edit 2: The faces aren't even properly randomised anymore? Are you ****ing kidding me?!

Last edited:
The Bar only lets me buy up to 100 of any item (so 100 Power Regs OR 100 Graphene OR 50 Power Regs and 50 Graphene).

Is this intended, because as it is it is .... pretty pointless - is this correct - it's only a bit more than we can carry in a backpack, and less than a ship can hold - @Bruce G ?

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
I just walked forward and exited my seat, no button press needed.
Seating animation yay/nay?

Will be a while until I can try it myself (on someone else's carrier no less, hopefully) and the uncertainty is eating me up inside.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
xwmM9tE.png
:D

Glad to hear about the FPS increase. Can you explain what you mean about the textures? I'd like to be sure of what I'm seeing before relaying it to QA.
So when you are up high, ie jumping high and in forward direction, you can see the detailed textures on the external metal pathways loading in at the middle distance. When you are on the ground and looking into the distance at the receding metal pathways the texture reduction seems more seamless:

In the highlighted area you can see the difference between detailed grid texture and no texture and as you move forward you can see the detailed texture loading in and it is very distracting ie obvious
Screenshot_0314.jpg

Here is a sequence of me dropping down from a roof vantage point and note the textures on the metal pathing:

Screenshot_0318.jpg

Screenshot_0319.jpg

Screenshot_0320.jpg

Screenshot_0321.jpg

Another interesting pattern when walking along the metal pathway from ground view is you can see the different distance texture details being drawn in with a very noticeable demarcation line between the two textures / blurring? This seems to impact the grid texture when the individual rectangular slits are drawn in line with the viewier and not perpendicular:

Screenshot_0322.jpg

Screenshot_0323.jpg

Screenshot_0324.jpg

Screenshot_0325.jpg

N.B. my draw distance is set to maximum

Last edited:
as others said, i could disembark only once, changed ships and now cannot disembark anymore. from no ship. tried relogging, exiting, flying around a little -> nothing. disembark button not working anymore

Bruce G

B
I admit that despite myself I was kind of excited to meet my NPC crew that I spent a lot of time re-rolling to get stylish eyewear, tats and a variety of cool jackets...

Then this happened...

Frontier, I've forgiven you for a lot of sins over the years but this is unequivocally the most you've ever hurt me. Worst patch ever.

Edit: Oh they all have to wear the same bland outfits even on re-rolling them? What the actual hell are you playing at...

Edit 2: The faces aren't even properly randomised anymore? Are you ****ing kidding me?!
Sorry about the crew being reset, Commander. This was unfortunately unavoidable with the update and ought to have been mentioned ahead of time.

Wow EVA also, I thought this would possibly be in Update 12!
BTW did you have to go through an airlock or just transport/black screen?
I'm just catapulted straight from the landing pad. Without a helmet 😳

I suspect that's because my carrier is orbiting a planet that shares barycenter with another planet. There's a bug that makes it impossible to catch such carrier even in your ship, as it flies away - I think it just flies away from under me.
I'm trying to jump somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom