Update 11 Patch Notes

Am i missing something somewhere, but is there no way to access carrier management screen from the command room? I sat in the command chair and the little screen on the right moved into position and its not selectable. Really? this would have been the perfect way to access the management screen. I know i can use the insight hub, just seems like a waste of time standing up and then accessing the instight hub, when you could just click the litle screen and do it.

This is likely a temporary measure to keep the servers from catching fire since everyone in the game is jumping their carriers to admin systems right now.
Jump time has always been dependent on server load. It's only the minimum 15 minutes if the servers don't hit their limit of how many carriers can jump at once.

No process has changed here, apart from this being a sudden surge of everyone jumping at once, so it doesn't even qualify as a "temporary measure", really...

Am i missing something somewhere, but is there no way to access carrier management screen from the command room? I sat in the command chair and the little screen on the right moved into position and its not selectable. Really? this would have been the perfect way to access the management screen. I know i can use the insight hub, just seems like a waste of time standing up and then accessing the instight hub, when you could just click the litle screen and do it.
Capt's room has a screen

Jump time has always been dependent on server load. It's only the minimum 15 minutes if the servers don't hit their limit of how many carriers can jump at once.

No process has changed here, apart from this being a sudden surge of everyone jumping at once, so it doesn't even qualify as a "temporary measure", really...
Mystery solved. Now we need to quote this post at the top of every page in this thread.

Missing texture for some base doors ?
20220315141321_1.jpg

Mystery solved. Now we need to quote this post at the top of every page in this thread.

So does the timer speed up and or down depending on server load or is it written in stone?

Fleet Carrier Jump has reverted to 52 minutes. What has happened to the 15 minutes? Have read the post above. The countdown for the jump should be displayed and visible from the CMDR's chair. Do I need to go to the panel in the next room to set up the jump!

Last edited:

Totally wrong. Jump times are now the sum time of getting everyone to sit down before jump- times are longer now because there is always one guy at the bar who refuses to sit and instead stands on the counter with his pants down "just for a laugh".

1647354342410.png

Can't disembark. It is because I scheduled a jump? Kinda makes the whole come-on-and-gather-on-the-bridge-for-a-jump-watch problematic...

I'm hoping you can answer a few questions I have (can't get into the game due to work yet, and don't have my own FC so will take a while to explore all the new bits on other people's carriers):

• is the jump animation the same as before, or has this been upgraded/changed somehow?
  • is it possible to trade data?
  • from what you're saying above, is the bar trading menu essentially the same as the FC commodity one? If so that would suck indeed.
  • I thought the shipyard area is a separate room, is it not or is it just very basic?

It can't be the same as before, since we couldn't see it from inside. ;)

It does look pretty fantastic though.

The barman basically works the same as the FC cargo trade. You can't directly trade like at station bars. Basically to buy something from the barman you (or someone else) first needs to sell to them.

I mean, i could see it being useful from the point of view of people who like to gather Odyssey materials and let others come and buy them from them.

"Want weapon components? Yeah, i've got loads, come to my FC and buy them for 10 million each!" (not sure if you can set a price that high, would need to see)

BUT! Who is going to know you have those weapon components for sale?

So, yes, it sucks

The "shipyard" area is basically a just a small room with the big table with the spinning holo over it. You can press a button to change which ship is being displayed as a holo. You can also look through a window to see a SLF parked.

That's it.

Its pretty pants.

Back
Top Bottom