Patch Notes Update Update 3.1.2

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Credit are stupidly easy to get anyway. Anyone having issues getting credits even with the "nerfs" really needs to learn how the game works.

As to unlocks, all it does is unlock ships.

Max, you missing the whole point with your argument, yes just fly off to a Haz res and earn 5-8 mill an hour, but what if suddenly they stopped this because they wanted too? It's their game, yes, but we have all paid our money for it!

Max, you missing the whole point with your argument, yes just fly off to a Haz res and earn 5-8 mill an hour, but what if suddenly they stopped this because they wanted too? It's their game, yes, but we have all paid our money for it!

He'd rather spend 7 days a week grinding to unlock his internet pixel spaceship, a true sense of pride and accomplishment.

it is fair enough that they are hard as nails imo.... the issue is with the lack of npc wingmates. IF we ever get that and they work properly then it will be working as it should. it would be a shame if they were made simple so lone wolves could kill them easily (and i say that as someone who is largely a lone wolf)

I understand what you're saying, but this is where your standard MMO would create zones separate the narrative sort of play. For instance, how The Division has this "Dark Zone" that co-op players can go and take on more elite level enemy, for better drops, along with their mates...but also being open to attack by other squads. This keeps it so those lone wolves have their place and the elitists have their elite place to do elitist things lol.

So in the Elite universe this could, say, be a system that if a solo player tries to jump into they get the notification, "it is highly recommended you are in a wing before proceeding, Continue anyway?"

Last edited:
Your problem is with the depth of content not unlocking the 35 ships in the game.

Nerfing credits does nothing but force players to find the next exploit, did you hear anyone complain about missions payouts in the last 2 months?

No I have no problems with the depth of the content, I have no problem with the fact that my playstyle makes unlocking slow, I have concerns about the long term interest for the people who have joined this year and have already got access to all ships and systems available.

I have seen several complaints that they were too low for various killing people missions.

But I am only interested in missions as a direct means to rank up or unlock access, they are not the way I play.

If credits are so easy to get, then why does FDev rush to fix any high payouts before they even touch game breaking bugs?

The high payouts are bugs which they are fixing. As to game breaking bugs, I am yet to notice any. The game seems to work perferctly fine for me at the moment.

No I have no problems with the depth of the content, I have no problem with the fact that my playstyle makes unlocking slow, I have concerns about the long term interest for the people who have joined this year and have already got access to all ships and systems available.

I have seen several complaints that they were too low for various killing people missions.

But I am only interested in missions as a direct means to rank up or unlock access, they are not the way I play.

In other words your problem is with content if there was more depth to the linear progression to the way players are acquiring ships then they wouldn't try to shortcut the credit grind to unlock thing's. EVE online understood that, which is why they came up with various ways of acquiring ships.

There's nothing wrong with giving players more money or a free ship, it doesn't invalidate their ways of playing the game whether they like slow or fast progression. Putting walls in a video game is de-moralizing, it's like setting sail in a ship and hoping you will run ashore in Japan. No compass, no maps, no knowledge of the sky.

Last edited:
I thank you for your dedication to improving your game and fixing known issues and optimisation never hurts I am curious as to whether or not the mining update I was waiting for has already happened I heard of some improvement to the limpets allowing you to make them ignore targets but I don't understand I really don't I expected you to release a mining limpet that mines and collects fragments automated mining platforms like the ones npcs use on planets and perhaps an increase in some of the more useless materials you are able to mine even if you just made it so I can science a useless material into engineering mats or perhaps allow the materials trader to give me iron and nickel in exchange for worthless mining minerals.

Your game has great potential and I hope you realise it. I find it regrettable that you have added in notoriety in such a poor fashion and haven't focused your attention on your games biggest issues that being lack of bounty hunting and pirate intelligence networks... commodities aren't valued in a way that scales well with pvp or pve we all know there are maybe 3 commodities worth stealing and selling and we have no way to spy on players or track their movements in an interesting way for example you can't place down spy satellites that will monitor a system from afar or warn you of incoming players or scan nearby systems for player and hostile activity.

Regardless of PVP you have allot of missed opportunities in player interaction you should reward players for assisting one another compensate the fuel rats in game by giving you money for saving a stranded player perhaps the players should be able to donate money to their rescuer and allow players to activate a distress beacon which will attract players multiple systems away depending on the strength of your comms array and after a certain timer say 20 mins if no players are nearby and responding an npc will come to you and offer to repair your systems for a fee (if they are a pirate) or out of good will if they are security service or a good Samaritan

Add gameplay mechanics that encourage players to interact in a friendly manner and your community will thrive and add a reason for traders to risk playing in open play make it exciting risk & reward

add a umbrella communication option wheel for use with players and Npcs that will open up a surrender option for your opponent where they can surrender access to their hatch or pay a fee for your protection payable when they safely reach a station.

I have added most of this to the suggestions forum but it just gets deleted and forgotten overtime its your game please don't let its potential go to waste its good right now but it could be the greatest space game ever made with just a few tweaks you have the graphics you have the fleshed out universe now you need gameplay mechanics adding to your combat your community and to really deliver on your promises.

Make slave trading a totally different gameplay style to smuggling by increasing the potential gain and the risks as families of the slaves will try to save their loved ones and the authorities arent far behind you once you have been spotted they will chase you from system to system until you evade them or kill them in an uncharted system where they can't get any backup.

Make being imprisoned interesting by actually sending players to prison in a dynamic and avoidable way allow us to eject into our escape pod to avoid our rebuy cost which can be taken from us and retrieved by whoever captures the escape pod and either keeps us for a duration of a few hours or drops us off at a pirate base or federal prison ( as long as you are wanted for killing a player otherwise you pay half rebuy to the person kidnapping you )

There are no end to the tweaks you can make to improve your game if only you played the game as a normal player solo and in a group so you can experience it without cheats or starting out with everything and understand our perspective.

Max, it's the principle of it.

Your argument can also be reversed as well....So if it does not mean much then, why not leave it in the game?

It is not up to me to decide how the game should be, it's fdev. If FDev think it's wrong, they will change/fix it.

These days the only time I take missions is to get materials or commodities for tech brokers and engineers. For me missions pay way too much so I just do straight trading or combat zones/res sites without missions.

I like things to be a challange, including the unlocking of stuff. Not a walk in the park as it is at the moment. Having a challange is what makes it fun for me.

The only missions I do these days are the story missions (Thargoid and Guardian missions) as I find them interesting.

his argument was garbage just like this nerf.

I am not arguing. Just offering a different view point. You can agree or not agree. It's entirely up to you. As to common sense, nah I don't see it. All I see is personal opinion.

Last edited:
Well, the good news is long distance cargo and passenger missions are back.

The bad news is they pay about as much as LOCAL cargo and passenger missions USED TO and now local cargo and passenger missions are paying peanuts. Guess I found the nerf!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom