Updated Permit List

Does anyone know how to get the permit for HIP 54530?
You can't get it.
The only system the permit holder is in, is the permit locked system

EDIT .... but .... Galnet suggests it might be involved ... which is why I guess you are asking? Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Last edited:

Historically all but the CQC prestige permit are done by getting allied with the faction.

The GOLD UNIVERSAL GROUP has officially assumed the name Jupiter Division, suggesting that it was heavily infiltrated by Rochester's loyalists. The faction has retained control of the permit-locked HIP 54530 system

I know a CMDR who got the Jupiter Division Allied rep with no luck - by hunting wanted ships next to that permit system and KW scanner, turn-ins on their FC Spike Land. @Spike K

They claim it only took about 4 million in bounty. I believe you have to have GOLD UNIVERSAL GROUP rep allied since that is the true name of the Jupiter Division, which are only in the locked permit system.

Likely - there is no benevolent list - as we all thought with the Dark Wheel - I put billions into proving this ... only to be incorrect.

Everything now, is probably a set up for Odyssey. Yes the rep will be important - Yes - there will be be another faction rep within the rep to stop early starters.

Speculation is all we have currently.

Oddly- no one ever talks about the missing Mudlarks species in the game.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

If you are on the PC i have some wing missions to share for gold universal group - within the next two hours

Last edited:

Historically all but the CQC prestige permit are done by getting allied with the faction.

The GOLD UNIVERSAL GROUP has officially assumed the name Jupiter Division, suggesting that it was heavily infiltrated by Rochester's loyalists. The faction has retained control of the permit-locked HIP 54530 system

I know a CMDR who got the Jupiter Division Allied rep with no luck - by hunting wanted ships next to that permit system and KW scanner, turn-ins on their FC Spike Land. @Spike K

They claim it only took about 4 million in bounty. I believe you have to have GOLD UNIVERSAL GROUP rep allied since that is the true name of the Jupiter Division, which are only in the locked permit system.

Likely - there is no benevolent list - as we all thought with the Dark Wheel - I put billions into proving this ... only to be incorrect.

Everything now, is probably a set up for Odyssey. Yes the rep will be important - Yes - there will be be another faction rep within the rep to stop early starters.

Speculation is all we have currently.

Oddly- no one ever talks about the missing Mudlarks species in the game.
[/QUOTE]

This is not true.

Selling bounties through Interstellar Factors (f.e. bounties earned through a Kill Warrant Scanner) has a limitation of Cordial 15% on the faction reputation rank bar for every faction, including Jupiter Division. Nobody can be in allied rank with the Jupiter Division ingame now. (Tested it in 4 players wings, and turned in 6-8M bounties for Jupiter per player, with multiple turn rounds to the nearby different IFs).

This is not true.

Selling bounties through Interstellar Factors (f.e. bounties earned through a Kill Warrant Scanner) has a limitation of Cordial 15% on the faction reputation rank bar for every faction, including Jupiter Division. Nobody can be in allied rank with the Jupiter Division ingame now. (Tested it in 4 players wings, and turned in 6-8M bounties for Jupiter per player, with multiple turn rounds to the nearby different IFs).
can't follow there.
while it is to my knowledge, that rep gain is capped out at 15% per redeem/transaction outside of exploration data - why can't you get allied by redeeming bounties multiple times? it's not true for all other factions afaik - so if that would be the case, it would be a hardcoded special for jupiter division, no?

Last edited:
can't follow there.
while it is to my knowledge, that rep gain is capped out at 15% per redeem/transaction outside of exploration data - why can't you get allied by redeeming bounties multiple times? it's not true for all other factions - so if that would be the case, it would be a hardcoded special for jupiter division, no?

Tested it in 4 players wings, and turned in 6-8M bounties for Jupiter, per player, with multiple turn rounds to the nearby and different IFs. Jupiter is capped at the 15%, too, as the other factions.

Tested it in 4 players wings, and turned in 6-8M bounties for Jupiter, per player, with multiple turn rounds to the nearby and different IFs. Jupiter is capped at the 15%, too, as the other factions.
so, what you are claiming, is: you can't get allied to any faction by only turning in bounties?

(that said - i have only seen a screen of someone getting friendly with Jupiter Division by turning in bounties via IF; but as a general principle it would be new to me and doesn't meet my experience that you can't get allied by redeeming bounties with any faction.)

Last edited:
so, what you are claiming, is: you can't get allied to any faction by only turning in bounties?

(that said - i have only seen a screen of someone getting friendly with Jupiter Division by turning in bounties via IF; but as a general principle it would be new to me and doesn't meet my experience that you can't get allied by redeeming bounties with any faction.)

Through Interstellar Factors (or possibly through RO, its not tested).
Through standard Authority Contacts you can even be allied with a faction, by turning in its bounties.
Jupiter Division has no Authority Contacts, because not in control of any stations or outposts. You wont even get a "letter" message about a rep rank change to friendly or allied, etc. (because you got that letter only about those factions that are present in the system where you are flying at the moment.)
Only IF are available = you are capped at Cordial 15%

"I have only seen a screen of someone getting friendly with Jupiter Division by turning in bounties via IF" - its impossible, are you sure you saw that?
No stations or systems where you can check the rep rank bar, nor a message can be exist with the change.

Through Interstellar Factors (or possibly through RO, its not tested).
Through standard Authority Contacts you can even be allied with a faction, by turning in its bounties.
Jupiter Division has no Authority Contacts, because not in control of any stations or outposts. You wont even get a "letter" message about a rep rank change to friendly or allied, etc. (because you got that letter only about those factions that are present in the system where you are flying at the moment.)
Only IF are available = you are capped at Cordial 15%
interesting. i'll do some testing with a different faction at a later point.

this is not true.
You wont even get a "letter" message about a rep rank change to friendly or allied, etc.
while messages are wonkly for rep gain via IF, here is a letter for getting friendly with jupiter division:

FUfjT5i.jpg

"I have only seen a screen of someone getting friendly with Jupiter Division by turning in bounties via IF" - its impossible, are you sure you saw that?
No stations or systems where you can check the rep rank bar, nor a message can be exist with the change.
i'll have to note the player didn't receive a cordial message pre that friendly message. but he can currently see Jupiter Divisions cargo manifest without cargo scanning - a way to test rep increase generally. (I'm currently not sure, at which level that happens - i believed it being at allied, but it might already be at friendly or cordial)

i'll have to note the player didn't receive a cordial message pre that friendly message. but he can currently see Jupiter Divisions cargo manifest without cargo scanning - a way to test rep increase generally. (I'm currently not sure, at which level that happens - i believed it being at allied, but it might already be at friendly or cordial)

Thank you for the shot. I will visit Landis Settlement in Lansbury, its 30+ ly away(!) from HIP 54530, and Jupiter Division is not present as a faction there, so something is definitely bugged around that pic. I will test it ASAP. o7

Even if you could get all the way up to Allied with Jupiter Division, it wouldn't help much. You'd need to visit a system where they are present, within 15ly of the permit-locked system, to get the permit.

And you can't.

However, there might be some old-timers with the original permit. Presumably someone found out which faction gave the permit by actually getting it themselves? Which implies that the faction once existed outside the system.

I wonder if Frontier have now revoked the original permits?

Even if you could get all the way up to Allied with Jupiter Division, it wouldn't help much. You'd need to visit a system where they are present, within 15ly of the permit-locked system, to get the permit.

And you can't.

However, there might be some old-timers with the original permit. Presumably someone found out which faction gave the permit by actually getting it themselves? Which implies that the faction once existed outside the system.

I wonder if Frontier have now revoked the original permits?
the controlling faction (presumable the one handing out the permit) was never present outside the system. which makes it very likely, that the permit was never obtainable.

now - i'm trying to remember hard how permit missions behaved before missions became reputation-gated.

i could swear i got some permits before the controlling faction was present outside the system, pre 1.3 (powerplay) (so over 4 years ago).

maybe somebody remembers the times back then? when missions where ranked locked, when every mission had a flavour text and so on? and how permit missions spawned back then? i think it was 1.3 that increased the range of permit missions spawning to 15 ly.

Last edited:
Found nothing in Lansbury, even updated Inara with all stations and undockables there. A full group of curious players are now searching and working on to a try to rank up with Jupiter Division, but nothing. I can keep posting dozens of screenshots like these:
1612785909933.png - example with a high amount of KWS-ed JD bounties.
1612785952689.png - Cap with cordial 15% rep, after selling bounties through an IF with different amount of bounties on any factions. Multiple turns from a nearby HAZ Res cant increase the rep more.
Still no success.

Top Bottom