We are never going to find Raxxla, are we?

I have seen the interview in question. Braben has been directly asked if he said this. No sound bite, video or personal confirmation has ever surfaced. I just dont buy it.
They said there would be no clues. This would be the biggest clue ever, as it would rule out 97% of the galaxy
I never said it was an interview. Also, it was at Lavecon in 2017, and David Braben has never been to Lavecon.

You're free to not believe it was said all you want. I know it was. Others know it was.

I'm neutral in this argument so as far I'm concerned it could apply to either side. I'm just saying for litterly decades and dozens of sitting of star wars I always thought Vader said "Luke I am your father" turns out I missremembered it.
In the radio drama adaptation of "The Empire Strikes Back," Vader says, "No, Luke. I am your father," and in "Jedi Search" by Kevin J. Anderson (1994), Luke remembers Vader saying, "Luke, I am your father." Try using that as your defense the next time you're caught misquoting the line.22 aug. 2019

Choose wisely:
1. There is Mandela Effect.
2. There is fake news.

The infamous "Frontier said that somebody honked Raxxla and left" rumour is sourced from a streamer called DjTruthSayer (no longer doing Elite AFAIK), who claimed that an FDev employee told him this in person at Lavecon. That's all there was, no official source or anything.

I have seen the interview in question. Braben has been directly asked if he said this. No sound bite, video or personal confirmation has ever surfaced. I just dont buy it.
They said there would be no clues. This would be the biggest clue ever, as it would rule out 97% of the galaxy

Hah, it would rule out way more than 97%! I don't know many systems have been explored, but as of 2017 it was something like 16 million. For the sake of argument and easy math, let's say that number has grown to 40 million. If that were the case, in a universe of 400 billion systems, someone having visited the system and honked would rule out 99.9999% of the galaxy.

EDIT: I found newer sources that indicate that FDev says about 144 million systems have been discovered, as of 2019. If we round that to 150 million, the "system honked" rumor would still rule out 99.999625% of all systems.

Last edited:
I never said it was an interview. Also, it was at Lavecon in 2017, and David Braben has never been to Lavecon.

You're free to not believe it was said all you want. I know it was. Others know it was.
You are saying that you personally heard him say it? Everyone that has ever said this before has said it second hand.
If what you say is true, it is the single biggest and best clue we could ever hope to get about the location of Raxxla. If only Braben would confirm it...

Yea but there were some others i couldnt find because they're buried in a fdev livestream. DB, responding to Q 'is Raxxla in game?', replies 'well of course it is, we just dont know what it is' im paraphrasing but it was basically those words. The problem is those live streams are like an hour or 2 and not the most captivating after you've seen them once or twice

Yea but there were some others i couldnt find because they're buried in a fdev livestream. DB, responding to Q 'is Raxxla in game?', replies 'well of course it is, we just dont know what it is' im paraphrasing but it was basically those words. The problem is those live streams are like an hour or 2 and not the most captivating after you've seen them once or twice
I understand. There is too much information out there and things get lost because of it.

I understand. There is too much information out there and things get lost because of it.
Exactly. Its also somewhere in the quest to find raxxla thread but thats about 900 pages deep and even harder to search through. I believe it to be in game but im not certain its discoverable in the games current state. I would love to be wrong but i feel keeping an open mind about what im seeking keeps me from being too objective with results from theories i have and test.

Thwarptide

Banned
Yet Raxxla menages to excite some new people all this time.
Someone finds it and that's over.

So, what do you think.. will Fdev give you a clue?
NO! But maybe they did indirectly & we're not seeing it?
"Cora comes home soused and raving with wild stories, a new one every night. She claims she's found a map to some pirate stash, and all I have to do is loan her my ship so we can go dig it up. Maybe we should go find Raxxla while we're at it! ~From the journal of Art Tornqvist, circa 2296

Find the pirate stash, find the map?

On the "Nope" side: (maybe they do mean no) BUT IT'S DEFINITELY ALREADY IN THE GAME.
Raxxla is in the Milky Way. This was confirmed during DJTruthsayer's lore interview with Michael Brooke's. Question: "Where is Raxxla?" Brookes: "Well it's in the Milky Way, but I can't tell you where it is. It's a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves." Question: "You have said that there will be no clues though?" Brookes: "That's true, but I think you have to make some of it a tiny bit obvious just so people know what they're doing. There's nothing to be revealed at this stage."

Is this a bit of an intended riddle though? It's a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves.
I'm mean not everyone has to travel to Colonia but everyone has to travel for (to?) ....BLANK!

Hmmmmmmmm
In November 2018, author Drew Wagar said "My own personal theory is that it can't be too far from Sol as it was reachable long ago by more primitive ships.

No clues, but hints maybe?
The alleged name of the artefact on Raxxla, the Omphalos Rift, is taken from Ancient Greek culture. In Ancient Greek, "omphalos" means "navel", or the center of a thing, and the Ancient Greeks believed that the sanctuary of Delphi was the center of the world. Intriguingly, when the Knowledge Base that contained the first mention of the Omphalos Rift was added to Elite Dangerous with update 3.3, the system Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55, which was the headquarters of the anti-Thargoid organization Aegis, was also renamed Delphi.

Plenty of "centers" out there. Center of the bubble, center of Sol, center of Pleiades, center of the galaxy. (it sure ain't the massive black hole.)
I do love a mystery, though I'm sometimes willing to not persue the tougher ones. But I do suspect it's somewhere in or near the bubble.

Last edited:
Top Bottom