We are never going to find Raxxla, are we?

Deleted member 38366

D
IMHO it's fitting to have some non-existing mythical fluff in the Galaxy.
The holy grail, the Fountain of Youth, El Dorado and the countless others of the past, so a "Raxxla" is perfectly in line with that.

Some mystic fluff text and there's your limitless time sink. Zero Dev Resources needed, perfect min-max design. No effort, maximum possible outcome.

Even if it was, what would anyone expect from some supposed pre-Release Beta content from 2014?

Famous last words as a scientist.

Realize this is a game and it is constantly evolving through the imagination and hard work of people on these forums and affiliated.
Community stirred up the Raxxla meme enough to manifest it in game with a high degree of probability.
You can not be sure what it is, if it is or when it is, but it is.
Magic manifestation. You just gotta believe.

IMHO it's fitting to have some non-existing mythical fluff in the Galaxy.
The holy grail, the Fountain of Youth, El Dorado and the countless others of the past, so a "Raxxla" is perfectly in line with that.

Some mystic fluff text and there's your limitless time sink. Zero Dev Resources needed, perfect min-max design. No effort, maximum possible outcome.

Even if it was, what would anyone expect from some supposed pre-Release Beta content from 2014?

I guess that's how players would have understood it as well, hadn't Frontier claimed it's in the game.

Here's a proverb:

Before finding Raxxla, chop wood.
Find Raxxla.
After finding Raxxla, chop wood.

Raxxla is right under your nose.

I believe ... but have absolutely no proof ... this is where Raxxla is ... I also believe it's not a planet, as that would be found too quickly. I think it's a structure on a planet.
But it would have been there even before Horizon. I somewhat doubt this, as you would not have been able to interact with it at all.

Travelling through witch space is a journey every Cmdr must take.
No, you can play the game without entering witch space.

When frontier want it to be found, it'll be found.

Spoonfeeding by FD is a thing to keep people interested in ED. Knowing it's out there with a chance of stumbling across it keeps me interested.

Has nobody hacked into the game files for clues like, rumour has it, someone did to locate the guardian ruins? :)

Last edited:
The whole 'I can't find it there for it cannot possibly exist, even though I'm only able to check roughly zero percent of the places it could be.'

Personally, I'm operating under a few assumptions I find to be reasonable:

• It's quite possibly in the game.
  • It's probably nothing special.
  • We probably aren't going to find it without some sort of intentional developer reveal.
  • If someone does stumble across the system it's in, they probably won't realize it.
  • People are really bad at math.

If Raxxla is in the game, it's in a permit locked region, otherwise I suspect it would have been found long ago.

Why would you suspect that something would have been discovered when the overwhelming majority of systems we can access have never been visited by anyone, and the majority of visited systems have never been scanned?

Raxxla is inside all of us.

That sounds painful and probably unhygenic.

so, I just started reading up a bit more on Raxxla and tangent topics in the Elite Fandom wiki. Cross-references to Greek Mythology or ingame lore and assets alone are just mindboggling. That's some serious Station Hypo stuff right there and I am not surprised the "code" hasn't been cracked yet.

There are several legends about Raxxla:

Legend 1 (the pathetic)
Raxxla is the friend that you meet bla bla bla

Legend 2 (the unreferenced)
One CMDR went to Raxxla system, honked and left without seeing it.

Legend 3 (the speculated)
Raxxla is in the bubble

Legend 4 (the hope)
Raxxla can be found following clues left in the game

Legend 5 (the realistic)
Raxxla is not in the game

Legend 6 (the last trend)
Raxxla... Yeah but when you find it what would you do with that? Raxxla gets old very quicly. The CMDRs that discovered it got bored so quickly that they didn't even bothered to come to tell it to the forum.

There are several legends about Raxxla:

Legend 1 (the pathetic)
Raxxla is the friend that you meet bla bla bla

Legend 2 (the unreferenced)
One CMDR went to Raxxla system, honked and left without seeing it.

Legend 3 (the speculated)
Raxxla is in the bubble

Legend 4 (the hope)
Raxxla can be found following clues left in the game

Legend 5 (the realistic)
Raxxla is not in the game

Legend 6 (the last trend)
Raxxla... Yeah but when you find it what would you do with that? Raxxla gets old very quicly. The CMDRs that discovered it got bored so quickly that they didn't even bothered to come to tell it to the forum.
Let's correct your "legends"
The "Raxxla is in the game a commander went there, honked and left" .... while there is no proof, I know when this was said, where it was and have a good idea by who it was said. I have had this verified by others who were there at the time, as was I. It'd be more accurate to say it's unverified than unreferenced.
If you need to quote a source, quote me. I'm saying that was said, and if anyone wants to PM me to argue it, feel free to do so. You won't get very far.

"Legend 5 (the realistic)" is actually "Legend 5 (speculation)" because as I said in another post, it's like Schrodinger's cat, it's both in the game and not in the game until we have proof of either.

Deleted member 38366

D
I guess that's how players would have understood it as well, hadn't Frontier claimed it's in the game.

The claims are just that : claims.

And "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", especially around here.
Lacking any, these are mere claims with less-than-stellar credibility attached to them.

Don't forget : sometimes it isn't important what was said - sometimes it's who said it.
The credibility issue is up to personal preference then.

And in the big picture of things, we've seen hundreds of elements in or to the game that "supposedly exist" but which turned out to be mere ASCII-only fluff.
Only took that very Frontier several years (!) to come clean on that 'little detail'.
That's what I base my personal assessment on. Yours may vary and that's perfectly fine, nothing wrong with that.

Let's correct your "legends"
The "Raxxla is in the game a commander went there, honked and left" .... while there is no proof, I know when this was said, where it was and have a good idea by who it was said. I have had this verified by others who were there at the time, as was I. It'd be more accurate to say it's unverified than unreferenced.
If you need to quote a source, quote me. I'm saying that was said, and if anyone wants to PM me to argue it, feel free to do so. You won't get very far.

"Legend 5 (the realistic)" is actually "Legend 5 (speculation)" because as I said in another post, it's like Schrodinger's cat, it's both in the game and not in the game until we have proof of either.
Sorry the reference can only be taken from the original source. You're not a reliable source (nothing personal :p)

Without getting into whether or not it was said, I very much hope the statement is inaccurate. It would be hugely disappointing if Raxxla were something that you could just stumble onto randomly. I'm hoping for something more in-depth than a lottery.

If it is ever found a thursday or shortly after a patch, i live for the moment that frontier will say: "oh it was allways there from day one".
Just that the permit needed to find it was not obtainable, until the day it was found lol.

Top Bottom