Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Thing is, where do you spend them once you're up in the tens of billions of credits and an FC?
Well one option is self destruct all your ships taking the free Sidewinder each time then buy them back from the station with the biggest surcharge then after buying the most expensive rather than the best modules to re equip with Transfer them as far as possible without using a carrier. Then repeat but replace with a fleet of Cutters a carrier load of those will make a dent in your funds.

Well one option is self destruct all your ships taking the free Sidewinder each time then buy them back from the station with the biggest surcharge then after buying the most expensive rather than the best modules to re equip with Transfer them as far as possible without using a carrier. Then repeat but replace with a fleet of Cutters a carrier load of those will make a dent in your funds.
You must have enough cash by now to do exactly that! :D

EDIT: I am now at Jameson Memorial (been a long time since I was last here). I'm going to get my brains smashed out by a lemon wrapped around a large gold brick. That may cause me to open my wallet (where's that squeak coming from?) and purchase some ARX for a vanilla P2. I may then build it as I want - therefore actually spending some credits. And that's also been a long while before I did that!

Last edited:
EDIT: I am now at Jameson Memorial (been a long time since I was last here). I'm going to get my brains smashed out by a lemon wrapped around a large gold brick. That may cause me to open my wallet (where's that squeak coming from?) and purchase some ARX for a vanilla P2. I may then build it as I want - therefore actually spending some credits. And that's also been a long while before I did that!
I've dropped about 82 million on Crazy Dog... 😅

I've dropped about 82 million on Crazy Dog... 😅
Cujo would have been a good name, from Stephen Kings book/movie.
41612MZ5HZL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Looks like a mashup of two Discoveries - one from 1968/2001, the other c.1984?

I was thinking that too.

Also note Military Outposts look very much like the Leonov (which looks like a gun)

And a few seconds won't even consume significant amounts of fuel.
True but I have noticed that warming up the SCO uses most of an aux tank before it's even boosted anything, so there's a kind of upfront cost to using it. Which you can't avoid when you're hopping between gravity wells [or Hill Spheres really] but it does suggest if you're going 10,000ls out you need to do 1 x 8,000ls boost not 4 x 2,000 - so you do have to git gud at managing the tail-happy handling.

I take it the Stellar edition P2 can have its modules engineered (except the SCO) - would that be accurate?

And I'm not sure about the SCO thing. It sounds like heat is a real issue with it - but I s'spose it could be swapped out for a standard one and used elsewhere. I would hope...

My credit card is on standby... :D

I take it the Stellar edition P2 can have its modules engineered (except the SCO) - would that be accurate?

And I'm not sure about the SCO thing. It sounds like heat is a real issue with it - but I s'spose it could be swapped out for a standard one and used elsewhere. I would hope...

Yeah you can change all the modules, in the gray one at least and I'm sure the red one

Piece of cake Mr. Command O'Flaherty

The SCO drive is simple and intuitive enough for a naive DIY like me to use watch me go! (15s)
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0SLnbYRxU

Mine goes about 30LY with the long range jump. I think not being able to engineer it might be a rumor started by meta loving dorks who want to get ahead, but, that's just speculation

From the dusty, dark and cold depths of a ragged wallet, a credit card surfaced, much to the wailings of woe, gnashing of worn, rotting teeth and the pure agony of disuse now forced into action.

The word "splurge" comes to mind:

sgVFItd.jpeg

U5rmvC6.jpeg

I don't have time to try these out at the moment, so tomorrow will have to do.

I need to go and have lie down. Perhaps with a beer or cup of tea.

I take it the Stellar edition P2 can have its modules engineered
Yes the existing modules can all be engineered as normal or sold for nothing and replaced with full priced modules to your taste.

(except the SCO) - would that be accurate?
No SCOs can be engineered now, well the new any grade ones can I haven’t thought to try with any from the original batch.

And I'm not sure about the SCO thing. It sounds like heat is a real issue with it
The one in the P2 doesn’t cook things that rapidly, the original C grade ones varied depending on ship but as long as you remembered to switch them off when the heat warnings started were not too bad. Think nitrous button on a car something to be used for a few seconds burst of speed not for the whole of the London to Glasgow run.

They also make ships very unsteady and drink huge amounts of fuel.

- but I s'spose it could be swapped out for a standard one and used elsewhere. I would hope...

Yes you could replace it with a standard FSD but you would loose it and I seem to recall someone saying it has very good jump range engineered in the P2.

Top Bottom