Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

From the dusty, dark and cold depths of a ragged wallet, a credit card surfaced, much to the wailings of woe, gnashing of worn, rotting teeth and the pure agony of disuse now forced into action.

The word "splurge" comes to mind:

sgVFItd.jpeg

U5rmvC6.jpeg

I don't have time to try these out at the moment, so tomorrow will have to do.

I need to go and have lie down. Perhaps with a beer or cup of tea.
Now I suppose I should go and edit my previous post to trash the P2 and the new drives!

I offer a unsolicited advice column hereby contributing,

Buying that brand new ship from the release date and tuning out and after tuning out all the frantic hubbub, taking the ship for a look-see and amusing first jaunt and a half, ..and seeing what was the deal with it. Contributing noone else's malarkey (just onionhead g) to my thinking on it. The closest link to long memories of rupee buying hardware for the sidewinder, and the earliest few ships approaches. Authentic nostalgia!

If you miss that feeling and those memories, be patient and see what YOU can like to do with a 3310 P2!

Excuse me for saying so. Oh for what it's worth, my BAAABY! Don't tell Dolph Helmet. I just set it up for flying around taking photos and scans and stuff and those rail guns are great for space mollusks. They give a satisfying shower of sparks

Awww I'm coming back for you Saud Kruger rest assured. Faulcon DeLacey has me for a spell though.

My Starfish Destroyer Beluga assembly and SCO equipment from Founder's World arrived here last night too. And that's exciting,

But I am just totally up to loving my PP right now and the big Liner will patiently wait at least the weekend and probably to the next ARX sale with recent developments.

I got all the sizes in so another guineapig will be needed soon to try upgrading. The good life

Last edited:
feels nice to be out here. A well-needed counterpoint to real life.

Good reporting & nice pics - i must admit I used the codex to track these down the first time, but have found quite a few since, further out from the bubble & in lesser-explored space… and yes, indeed - exploration can be a place of refuge from the outside world - I remember getting into my ship & hitting the exobio trail daily during the pandemic & lockdowns - perhaps escapism can actually be a good thing, when the world seems to have gone to a level crazier than usual even… :]

Good reporting & nice pics
Cheers.
- i must admit I used the codex to track these down the first time, but have found quite a few since, further out from the bubble & in lesser-explored space… and yes, indeed - exploration can be a place of refuge from the outside world - I remember getting into my ship & hitting the exobio trail daily during the pandemic & lockdowns
Right now, I'm just letting myself drift, picking out the systems one by one, no fixed routes or anything. Jumping from system to system until I find some bios to scan, preferably planets with 4+ bios, but if there are also some geosigns, I'll also stop for two or three and take a look.
- perhaps escapism can actually be a good thing, when the world seems to have gone to a level crazier than usual even… :]
It can be very helpful, if you are aware of the risks involved and keep your head clear.

I've put a little engineering on my P2. Bit of a kick up on PP's power via overcharging it, made the drives all dirty and forced the SCO to go further. Time to add some go-faster stripes and furry dice.

I haven't thought what role it will play yet though so I'm just seeking a pew pew ground site to mull things over.

As for the Chief... hmm. That one is all set up for fighting 'goids already but I have no idea where to start on that stuff: I need to put the reading specs on.

And both ships need a) a visit to some engineers for some experimentals * and b) names.

* My personal view is that the experimental should be available remotely. But that's just my opinion.

Yes the existing modules can all be engineered as normal or sold for nothing and replaced with full priced modules to your taste.

No SCOs can be engineered now, well the new any grade ones can I haven’t thought to try with any from the original batch.

The one in the P2 doesn’t cook things that rapidly, the original C grade ones varied depending on ship but as long as you remembered to switch them off when the heat warnings started were not too bad. Think nitrous button on a car something to be used for a few seconds burst of speed not for the whole of the London to Glasgow run.

They also make ships very unsteady and drink huge amounts of fuel.

Yes you could replace it with a standard FSD but you would loose it and I seem to recall someone saying it has very good jump range engineered in the P2.
Interestingly, the pre-built ships' modules can't be stored. According to my outfitting department. I'm not sure that makes sense - I would say allow them to be stored but just not let them be assigned to another ship. It's not a lot of cash to rebuy modules mind you.

If it helps, I'll back that... just in case anyone reading was considering making engineering less of a hassle anytime Soon(TM)
My guess is that conversation has been done to death by other players for years but I still think it's time for a change of heart :)

EDIT ooops. Note to self: change out of flight suit when going to a CZ.

EDIT 2: that was an odd bug. Changed my ground loadout and the dropship just hovered at zero metres above the CZ and refused to open the pod bay doors. Had to logout.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, you are able to swap out the modules in the prebuilt ships, but you can't use those module that came with the prebuilt ship on any other ship than the one they came with.
Unfortunately you don’t remember correctly.

I've put a little engineering on my P2. Bit of a kick up on PP's power via overcharging it, made the drives all dirty and forced the SCO to go further. Time to add some go-faster stripes and furry dice.

I haven't thought what role it will play yet though so I'm just seeking a pew pew ground site to mull things over.

As for the Chief... hmm. That one is all set up for fighting 'goids already but I have no idea where to start on that stuff: I need to put the reading specs on.

And both ships need a) a visit to some engineers for some experimentals * and b) names.

* My personal view is that the experimental should be available remotely. But that's just my opinion.
But then some ship tinkerers would have no reason to get out at all.
Apart from getting mats.

Interestingly, the pre-built ships' modules can't be stored. According to my outfitting department. I'm not sure that makes sense - I would say allow them to be stored but just not let them be assigned to another ship. It's not a lot of cash to rebuy modules mind you.
Yes but making them unstorable is probably a much simpler and reliable coding task than having to check to see which one of a fleet of Chieftains is the one the modules came from.
But even that has had issues.

My guess is that conversation has been done to death by other players for years but I still think it's time for a change of heart :)
I'm sure it has, but now might be a better time?

Hence, I would ask, if we don't need to visit engineers at all for any engineering (a useful thing when you just want to upgrade a ship), could visiting engineers be given an alternate purpose?
  • Maybe an engineer gives you a rumour for the codex, or a tip-off.
  • Maybe just an "I see you've never visited xyz, I hear there's an interesting organic/lagrange cloud of a type you've not seen before"
  • Maybe they offer you missions with guaranteed ulta-rare materials ... "Collect 5 Settlement Defence Plans from..."

I'm sure it has, but now might be a better time?

Hence, I would ask, if we don't need to visit engineers at all for any engineering (a useful thing when you just want to upgrade a ship), could visiting engineers be given an alternate purpose?
  • Maybe an engineer gives you a rumour for the codex, or a tip-off.
  • Maybe just an "I see you've never visited xyz, I hear there's an interesting organic/lagrange cloud of a type you've not seen before"
  • Maybe they offer you missions with guaranteed ulta-rare materials ... "Collect 5 Settlement Defence Plans from..."
I think, maybe, make us visit the engineers to get the unlock. Then be able to remote tinker everything. Not sure, I haven't really thought it through :D

I think, maybe, make us visit the engineers to get the unlock. Then be able to remote tinker everything. Not sure, I haven't really thought it through :D
Yeah, but they are curently the most animated NPCs in the game. They actually talk to us if you visit them. It's worth going back for... but not when you are in the middle of something.. consider;
  • I want to do XYZ, so I'm going to upgrade my ship. Do I want to travel all the way to watch them or do I just click the button?
  • I'm bored and I don't know what to do next... I could upgrade one of my ships. Do I want to travel all the way to watch them or do I just click the button?

Has anyone done any larceny missions lately? There seems to be a lack of weapon schematics in the crates - or maybe I'm just being unlucky.
Did some recently with my Colonia alt, and there certainly didn't seem to be as many spawning as I'd expected.

I just took out two for a pathogen and data bank. The first site had none in the storage portables but three in the outside yellow chests. The second had none in the yellow containers but 3 or 4 in the mini storage rooms

I think they were a little bit ridonkulously plentiful before - yeah I think you're right Mr. Tyres - it strikes me as a good correction though!

The best part is I stuck the size 7 SCO in our Type-10, worked great. The heating occurred faster the varied reports might be due to cooling management, mass, etc. It was manageable still. Now some pirates better watch out in supercruise space i'm a chase em down drop em and land on em. MY ENGINEERED (OVERBLOWN + CLEETS exp.) LANDING GEAR HURTS

Last edited:
** He said, unconvincingly.

**The ghost of engineering past thrust Mr. Tyres into a memory

***"He was not alone, but sat by the side of the fair young Terra Velasquez: in whose eyes there were tears, which sparkled in the light that shone out of the Ghost of Weapon Engineering Past.[46]

FOR SHAME, she said. IF HE COME ROUND HERE AFTER DROPPIN ME LIKE THAT, I'M A SHOOT HIM FROM THE HIP AND SUPPRESS HIS NOISE ONCE N FOR ALL

You have so many guns people are going to think you're an American.

That's different brother 0threeeleven. You know the right to bear arms is essentially the same principle as victimless crime. Because bears can still use their legs drum hit

Top Bottom