Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I think if they took 20% of the capital expenditure and 90% of the maintenance, made the spool up very short and the cool down a bit shorter, plus made the fuel much more abundant it would all die down.

Seems like a longer list now I write it down.

I suspect the mining mechanics are the difficult thing to play with. Given the it's all interconnected: the beta seems to have accidentally burst the Borann bubble.

EDIT. All that needs to be done really is decrease fuel consumption by a factor of ten. So basically it's all fixable.

The UC thing is forgivable, you've got to get your data back to the bubble to count.

Last edited:
Fleet carriers are not part of a a paid update.

Frankly, I find my youngest two kids (6 and 8) behave in a more mature fashion than the Elite community. Fleet carriers are clearly intended for the ultra-rich grinders. That's fine by me. I don't really see the need for one, personally, so I'll just not buy one. The whining is ridiculous, childish and petty.

Got chucked in pokey again..It strikes me there is a gap in the market there.Park your FC next to any prison ship and provide all the services the hulk doesn't..
Turn Odin's Crag into a pirate recruiting system,for instance. :giggle: Or that one in the california nebula.that was a bit of a trek,iirc.
Emergent gameplay.:)

Fleet carriers are not part of a a paid update.

Frankly, I find my youngest two kids (6 and 8) behave in a more mature fashion than the Elite community. Fleet carriers are clearly intended for the ultra-rich grinders. That's fine by me. I don't really see the need for one, personally, so I'll just not buy one. The whining is ridiculous, childish and petty.
But wheedling is part of the traders game.Personally, i think the whole thing is a little tongue in cheek from fdev,and 'we've listened to the feedback and changes have been made',possibly intended as some kind of 'april fools' gag,that got washed overboard in the current emergency..
Even at a much lower cost it's still way over my head, so i wouldn't be buying one in the near future anyway,

Follow the guides and trade down your rarest before you go. You can fill up quick. No Sm available at all though so hold on to those. Outotz LS-K D8-3 the forum is full of the specifics.

Follow the guides and trade down your rarest before you go. You can fill up quick. No Sm available at all though so hold on to those. Outotz LS-K D8-3 the forum is full of the specifics.

Cheers - I'll look into that! (y)

Meanwhile, back at the pulse ranch... I G5'd both huge pulses, one focused/oversized one overcharged/phasing sequence for target practive in the HRES funbag. So far, so good!

Cheers - I'll look into that! (y)

Meanwhile, back at the pulse ranch... I G5'd both huge pulses, one focused/oversized one overcharged/phasing sequence for target practive in the HRES funbag. So far, so good!
doors.JPG

I'm not sure you've quite got the hang of this pirating malarky yet, but stick with it.:)

Plan on building my own fleet carrier, using an anaconda. It can store a lot of cargo, can carry my srv's and slf's (plan on hiring a crew member just for company and taking on pirates) and can be self sufficient.

BTW this is still a build in progress, not sure on utilities yet or shielding yet.

Two trips out on the DW Lore tour now. I spend most of the time bumbling about and occasionally trying to zoom through the livestream. It really is bring out my inner nine-year old. Second time on Discord this week and first time in a wing, with a random Discord member. So learning about multiplayer. Also a great time to enjoy the details in the game, like the Faulcon DeLacy logos on the rear doors of the Cobra or the commanders sitting in the cockpits. This screenshot I thought is a particularly nice one.

Popped out to the Praea sector and and got some nice explo data. Now I'm back in Shin and the 'Vette to do so more shooty stuff. I'm a little torn between the beams and the pulse lasers at the moment so more experimentation needed.

That progress bar to the next combat rank never seems to move :D

Perhaps I ought to go 'Goid hunting at some point.

Last edited:
I'm in ... Borann ...doing a bit of mining. "Ah! Grinding for a Fleet Carrier!" I hear you say? Nope. Not interested enough in FCs to grind that many credits, I'm currently at 60% Tycoon so I'm working towards my second Elite rank. For a while anyway, we'll see how far I get before my attention wanders to something else.
A follow up to my last post... I got the trade Elite rank surprisingly quickly (thanks LTD laser mining!). Now I've decided to work on the combat rank for a bit. Been at it for a few days and managed to get up to 12% Deadly so far. I seem to be getting about a 1% rise per play session at the moment so it's going to take a while! As before, lets see how long I stick it before I get distracted.

Back in Gimbbly Denis, doing low value mats gathering at nav beacons.:devilish: Only at 25% dangerous, rising 1% per session. way slow.
I got the fixed pulse disruptors fitted. A waste of time, money and effort, no good for a KB/mouse flying commander...stay on target...not.
There must be another use, perhaps shutting down ground defenses or power plants from a distance while not moving. while being attacked....

Also, a new great mystery, this guy dropped his 'Trinkets of Fortune' and some beer. Cost me fines. Whose fortune being made here?
So, looked for info on the forums, no concrete knowledge, only gossip. Any one found a real use for these?
Thought about selling them back to the Dark Wheel guys at their black market. just to stop the fines.
The only coincidental thing I noticed, was while carrying these, in an interdiction from a pirate, six npc security showed up to help. Only use to seeing two or three sec guys.
May be they following me now....:oops::poop:

Top Bottom