Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

This is what odyssey is all about... :geek: 👍 having fun, but cannot find any bio's to sample. Kick dust on any landable surface and you get First foot fall credit.
EDODY-FFF.jpg

I've ditched Odyssey for now. That bio scanner thing has really put me off so I'm back in the "real" universe again, spanking scouts. I just love the three large AX MC's on turrets. Great fun!

I just hope they either a) remove the scanner thing from Odyssey entirely or b) change it so it makes sense and is doable.

EDIT Just went to a threat 5 NHSS. I've never left a signal source so quickly! :D

Last edited:
I've ditched Odyssey for now. .....

I really am not looking forward to some of the Odyssey stuff polluting the main game. Outfitting is a nightmare for example and who decided that when you are in combat that the default thing on opening the crotch panel is what blinkin' suit you are wearing! Don't get me started on the stupid sensor display or the maps. Really, really awful implementation so far.

It needs some polish, to be sure. I'm with you on the maps. And I'm not a fan on the click-and-hold to set your target. It just feels some stuff has been unnecessarily over-engineered (no pun intended). What do you think of the new module display? Like the replacement of numbers with dots? Not keen on that :D

I do like space legs on the whole though and wandering around a planet is great - or it will be once it's smoothed out a bit; it was playing havoc with mu GPU. Looks good though.. It feels like they've optimised a little bit in space stations as it feels smoother.

There are some great touches. I like the way you get a grunt from an NPC when you bump into them. On the whole they're quite a rude bunch. Oh, and I like the elevator music. Not the music itself, just the fact here is some.

The whole point of a discovery of alien life forms would be the moment of surprise - but that surprise is basically taken away bit by bit due to the scanning required. And what could have been something exciting to do, is again just a chore - too bad really.

And the rewards is ... meh, even more than meh ... for what has to be done. I rather fly passengers around for less effort and more reward.

Agreed!

On another note...

This is my 'Vette:

I realise this isn't exacly a beginner's question but CMDRs in this thread are really helpful hence my posting it here. What would you change? At the moment, it's purely for combat but no PvP (ever - I hate PvP).

Thanks!

I've ditched Odyssey for now. That bio scanner thing has really put me off so I'm back in the "real" universe again, spanking scouts. I just love the three large AX MC's on turrets. Great fun!

I just hope they either a) remove the scanner thing from Odyssey entirely or b) change it so it makes sense and is doable.

EDIT Just went to a threat 5 NHSS. I've never left a signal source so quickly! :D
Drop in on an NHSS threat 8 I am told that they can be interesting.

What would you change?
I dunno. I'm not expert enough. My 'Vette looks kinda sorta the same only I put the kinetics on the large hardpoints and lasers on the rest. And I have prismatics. And other non-combat stuff cuz I use it for hauling sometimes, and missions.

It works great for what I do with it, so that's all I know :)

If you care here's how my build looks. I make no claims about its efficacy :)

I dunno. I'm not expert enough. My 'Vette looks kinda sorta the same only I put the kinetics on the large hardpoints and lasers on the rest. And I have prismatics. And other non-combat stuff cuz I use it for hauling sometimes, and missions.

It works great for what I do with it, so that's all I know :)

If you care here's how my build looks. I make no claims about its efficacy :)

Interesting! I might swap the weapons around too i.e. huge MCs and the rest as bursts. Cheers!

OK, here's a question. Could be a dumb question but I've got to check.
To do a G5 engineering on a module, do I have to go through G1-G4 each time before I can do the G5, or am I wating mats?
Asking for a friend.

OK, here's a question. Could be a dumb question but I've got to check.
To do a G5 engineering on a module, do I have to go through G1-G4 each time before I can do the G5, or am I wating mats?
Asking for a friend.

Yes each module must be modified though all the levels. The good news is that after you have got yourself to level 5 access with the engineer by doing mods, subsequent modules (of any type) take fewer "rolls" per level with that engineer - well up to level 5 where the devs are just extracting the urine with up to 9 (or even 10 I have heard) "rolls" to fully complete.

Bear in mind that you do not need to complete each level, you can move on to the next level of that mod once the "nuts" light up (somewhere around 80% of the progress circle{s}).

Screenshot (191).jpg

News to me but I only just discovered that those rare mats like Selenium, Tellurium and Zirconium etc can be found well (well, found as in easily and reasonably abundant, I know the crashed anaconda and some sites have them in cargo racks) inside the bubble and in a system with a L landing pad as well.

I went to bed after 1 run, and thought the geological sites would reset after 2 hours. Its been 10 hours when I relogged and the site was EMPTY. Only the low end picous cobbles which I didnt bother to mine were still there, all the needles, needle fragments and needle crystals were still sold out. I know I can hop to any of the 20 other sites on the planet but was curious if anyone knows how long it takes for these geological sites to refresh?

Top Bottom