Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

it's irritating that you can't stop them when they overheat the ship system
Just switch to another fire group that doesn't include them, and they'll stop firing. FYI.

Overheating is another subject, and fairly complex. You could help a little by putting the Thermal Spread experimental on your powerplant. But with 4 beams on a Viper...it's gonna get hot yeah. Maybe replace the 2 medium hardpoints with multicannons -- less power draw, and good against hulls.

Now I just built myself a turret boat, a T10 with nothing but turrets and a fighter, so I'm not against turrets. But putting them on a Viper isn't such a great idea. You kinda need all the firepower you can get, and turrets are weaker than gimbaled.

Anyway, do whatever's fun. You'll get practice in any case, and learn how to control turrets.

A heads up to anyone who's playing the Alpha -- they are taking the snapshot of your CMDR tomorrow, and only 1 ship goes with you so whichever ship you're on that's what you'll have in phase 4.

See info here:

A heads up to anyone who's playing the Alpha -- they are taking the snapshot of your CMDR tomorrow, and only 1 ship goes with you so whichever ship you're on that's what you'll have in phase 4.

See info here:
As of time of posting there are 17 minutes left to get into the ship you want for phase 4.

Took up a Smuggler massacre mission for a bit of variety from the usual Pirate baiting. Now, Pirates have been kind of easy - you drop in, pop 1-4 of em one at a time as their mates watch, then chase them to somewhere else in the system. Smugglers evidently a tighter bunch - started on one of them, and suddenly I had a dozen red triangles on the scanner and though I was in a HiRes... for now, I skedaddled and dropped the mission...

I wanted to be in my Vette or Cutter but, as I completely missed all memo's on the snapshot, I'm in my Python. Could've been worse, I suppose... I'll just have buy all the ships again :D Engineering will be difficult.

I wonder what they'll do for those CMDR's thousand of Kylies out in the black?

You will have to be very efficient than as phase 4 only lasts for 1½ days. ;)
Yeah! Think they'll expand it? Seems rather short, hehe.

They are not transferring carriers, so that rules out the testing I had planned. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be problems and/or missing stuff. I bet they don't even give us an Exobiology buyer, which would remove one of the great reasons for having a carrier -- the ability to sell your data while in the black, and see your name pop up on all your first-discovereds.

I guess I might be able to buy a carrier and test it that way. I have just enough credits to do that, maybe.

Meh. It doesn't matter at this point. Whatever's in there is what we're getting. They are definitely not going to be adding features at this point.

I'll just hope for the best!

You will have to be very efficient than as phase 4 only lasts for 1½ days. ;)

In case anyone missed it they have extended phase 4 to the 5th May and have allowed all your stored ships to be transferred to the "Alpha Zone" (at a reduced cost).

Bashing out some assassination missions.

It's funny, but I seem to take the big ships out quicker if I target the FSD rather than the PP. Is that how it's always been?
Way back in the day I remember that targeting the PP on an Anaconda could be very effective, because it's kinda central and exposed. Beyond that, I've never bothered with sub-targeting. I'm sure it helps with something. Probably. :p

Had a couple of missions now where I was to follow an NPC to kill a naughty deserter. The first one low waked but I had no FSW scanner. Got a scanner and the second one jumped but left no wake.

Some days are like precious gems but other days you just get stones.

When I get O-Ren Ishii over in Odyssey, I'm going rogue and doing all the baddy stuff. She'll do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs so it should be fun.

I woul have thought that taking out thrusters, being external, would be the easiest route to disable a ship. Easier to spot, for one thing.
Yes unfortunately there is/was a bug where the target ship presumably hit a high throttle setting just before the thrusters failed which would disable the Flight Assist so it heads off at constant high speed making it a pain to catch and kill.

Top Bottom