Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I thought I was better than this....? Ranks changed in last update. :confused: :unsure:. A graded elite system?
edody-ranks.jpg

Hey if you haven't seen this, it's got some great info about how stealth works in Odyssey:

Hmph.

SO, five units of "push" she wants. Go to an "IM threat #" they say. Off I go. Irregular Markers Threat 1. Perfick.

No, not really. There's five bad guys there shooting the windscreen out of my SRV. Slammed it into reverse (like Edgar Frog going at "warp speed") and got the hell out of Dodge. They fall back - my SRV repeater had no effect on them anyway.

So, this time I approach then get out of the vehicle in my nice shiny G3 Dominator suit with guns. Eat laser! No effect. Wha? Before I had time switch weeapons - I was probably using the wrong one anyway - this grenande thing blows me up. Redeploy. Lost SRV.

Threat 1? ONE!?

Back to the drawing board.

PSA: You cannot see on-foot conflict zones unless you are physically in the same system.

I looked at dozens of systems in War or Civil War and was thinking there were no on-foot conflict zones. Probably a bug, I thought. Turns out they don't show on the system map unless you are actually there. Even Apex doesn't know, nor Frontline Solutions.

Just FYI.

Hmph.

SO, five units of "push" she wants. Go to an "IM threat #" they say. Off I go. Irregular Markers Threat 1. Perfick.

No, not really. There's five bad guys there shooting the windscreen out of my SRV. Slammed it into reverse (like Edgar Frog going at "warp speed") and got the hell out of Dodge. They fall back - my SRV repeater had no effect on them anyway.

So, this time I approach then get out of the vehicle in my nice shiny G3 Dominator suit with guns. Eat laser! No effect. Wha? Before I had time switch weeapons - I was probably using the wrong one anyway - this grenande thing blows me up. Redeploy. Lost SRV.

Threat 1? ONE!?

You musta got a bugged one. I've been to those and there were no enemies, or ones that were easily dispatched with the SRV (or missles).

Trying again. the planet I'd landed on had a crossed-swords icon over it. I suspect that may be why.

Had to get a new SRV - what a kerfuffle that was. Bring back the old outfitting!

EDIT. So, I find another threat #1. Get close. Another ship comes down and deploys three NPC's. I take off again. Never had this in alpha.

Last edited:
All my first footfalls, have multiple distress beacons with stacks of occupied escape pods (no Odyssey loot).

Kinda ruins my feeling of achievement when 60 people are already sleeping on the floor before I put my G1 suit boot down.

Screenshot (262).png

Lemme open it up! Dammit!

Something is going wonky. I was is the T'sao Tach system for the CG. As usual, for a CG system, the chat is ongoing non-stop.

I jumped to the next system (Li Pai Pai) like 40LY away......

I still see them chatting away in T'sao Tach.

I jumped to another system.

I still see the chat as they keep posting new msgs.

It seems they cant hear me though.

Did they change something or some kinda bug?

Been trying to gather the stuffs for a backpack upgrade. It's going ok. Some stuff isn't tradeable, though, and hard to find.

Did a couple missions on this planet. It has fairly good looking terrain, at least from the air. And it orbits a ringed gas giant, which makes for a nice scene.

Screenshot_1353.jpg

There were fumaroles and vents on the planet. I saw one. It was all by itself, just stuck in the middle of nothing. It looked out of place.

Took a mission to kill 13 members of some HIP XXX Gold Gang. Checked the surface map and saw a facility which is owned by this Gold gang.

It was abandoned, so I mucked around about 10 mins and nicked some stuff. There was a boom, and I got the message SRV destroyed.

Came out of the building and there were some commandoes or whatever. I tried using the L-6 grenade launcher but the burst radius doesnt seem that good, not sure if most of the shots had an effect but a bulleyes would have the target fly backwards. Pretty sure I killed at least 2 of em (using sidearm) but my mission count was still 0 of 13.

Is it possible when you are at some faction's facility, some other faction's npc comes along?

This ground missions are tough...

After I died, I didnt end up in the detention ship but was in the cockpit of my Krait in orbit around the target planet.

Hmph.

Threat 1? ONE!?

The on foot weaponry is very short ranged, I suggest the Rocket Launcher as one of your primary weapons in the Dominator as that can shoot out to 300m.

Ship and SRV can take them out but they are hard to target.

My read on the threat levels is that the number is a measure of how many players in a group that is needed to deel with them, Threat 0 you don't need any one else Threat 4 you need a team of 4 others. Note this is just my personal opinion and any correlation to reality is purely coincidental.

Back
Top Bottom