Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Yep, got one thanks to @Codger

I was a bit dispirited at the amount of materials needed by the Odyssey engineers (they are not exactly prolific in their availability either) so I went mining. Noted a couple of small changes: firstly, my lasers have turned into very fine beams on some colours; secondly, the sound has been tweaked a little - I can now hear a "crucnh" each time a fragment breaks loose from the 'roid.

Once I've mined a few hundred tons, I'll get back to some on-foot missions I think. Or exo exploration. I don't know why that appeals to me so much, but it does :D
The Bartender is the material trader guy of suit mats. An other post steam, says to trade up tp max quantity of graphene, microelectrodes, and weapon components.
Then trade back down as you want to engineer stuff..
Currently nearly opened engineers on both accounts. Taxi travel is easy. Combat in low missions is also not the difficult. you just die a few times less.

I ought to try some combat. I just don't like dying - makes me come over all inferior :D

Another thing I want to try is dumbfire splatterisation of foot soldiers. Ludicrous gibs. I'm going to fit out one of my unused hulls for such stuff. Possibly one of the Alliance ships.

A question I keep asking myself: why do I want to keep making credits? I have everything I need that money can buy. Maybe it's time to kick back and just spend.

I ought to try some combat. I just don't like dying - makes me come over all inferior :D

Another thing I want to try is dumbfire splatterisation of foot soldiers. Ludicrous gibs. I'm going to fit out one of my unused hulls for such stuff. Possibly one of the Alliance ships.

A question I keep asking myself: why do I want to keep making credits? I have everything I need that money can buy. Maybe it's time to kick back and just spend.

I just rigged my AspX with 4 small dumbfires. I can attest that it is incredible for taking out footsoldiers. Every volley kills all footsoldiers in the burst radius. (Is there a way to trigger the racks to ripple fire? 4 in a salvo is overkill, and I only got fire 1 and fire 2 buttons. Anyway to set-up sequential fire?

I use the advanced missile rack instead of the normal racks, I cant see any downsides to it. All stats same, but more rockets.

Also tried the remote release flak, looks spectacular but doesnt seem to be as effective as dumbfires. Next up will be double shot screening shell frags.

I just took a threat 5 assassination foot mission, kept having to run back to interstellar factors due to being caught doing miscellaneous innocent activities :( I never dun nuffink, why they always go Full Detritus on me?!?!?! On the 4th attempt, while running from security, the target got caught in one of his security buddies grenade blast (I assume) and I got an objective complete message :)

I'm currently grinding away at Guardian Blueprints on Synuefe NL-N c23-4 B4. I have two so far, not sure I will grind all six before heading back to the bubble. The Sentinels are easy to pick off, until four spawn at once but the Point defense on the DBX handle the missles.
Synuefe NL-N c23-4.jpg

By the way, just an observation I've made -- reputation does NOT increase payouts for on-foot missions. I get the same at places where I'm neutral as I do where I'm allied.

It removes a bit of immersion there, I think.
Yep, this surprised me as well.
When I was starting I was doing these fetch missions for 50k a pop in a hope that they're gonna get better once I'm allied with the factions, but apparently no. It's a shame. Hopefully something they're going to "fix" in the future because it kind of defeats the purpose of staying in one place and befriending people.

Took my Chieftan out of storage. Never flown it before. Kitted it out and did some of that ole engineering stuff. Flew to a planet that had a "Human Source (0)" so I decided to explore. Hit a trespass zone and got a load of fines :D

When I have time later, I'll see how it fares on those IM's with hostiles around them. Fitted with advanced missile racks, frags and MC's so I want to see how they all do. Should be fun!

EDIT: Must've been having a brain fart when I named this ship - "Wednesday". Think I'll keep it :D

Yep, this surprised me as well.
When I was starting I was doing these fetch missions for 50k a pop in a hope that they're gonna get better once I'm allied with the factions, but apparently no. It's a shame. Hopefully something they're going to "fix" in the future because it kind of defeats the purpose of staying in one place and befriending people.
But with a higher rep, you get a better chance of negotiating for a better pay. So it does still matter somewhat.

You mean with the mission-givers that stand around asking you to do illegal stuff? I've never bothered with them. Rep matters to them?
Yeah those. Well, not all are illegal. You get some restore power, fetch legit stuff and kill baddies.... sometimes.

But if you are not doing those, what ground missions are you running? Or non?

I just died to one of those: go to empty settlement with mission granted level 3 access (so all legit) and fetch something missions. After I went into the 1st building, some baddies landed, blew up my SRV and were all waiting outside the only exit to the building.

I think the next time i do this type of missions, I will go into the nearest building, kick a few lockers and immediately go wait in my SRV for them to come..... gonna be shootin fish in a barrel.

Last edited:
I was at this botanical base today, and I thought it looked cool (despite the obvious grid pattern on the ground, lol). This was a Threat 4 mission, but no enemies showed up this time.

I kinda like that about these missions. You never know exactly what's going to happen. Sometimes they are entirely peaceful like this one was (and I got some Cat Media to boot!). Other times there are scavengers in place when you arrive. Sometimes scavs or pirates drop in after you've been there a while. It keeps things interesting. And I never leave a building without powering up my shield, just in case :)

Screenshot_1355.jpg

Top Bottom