Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

just done three transportation mission. all failed. due to the flipping goliath sticks to you like glue?

atm i feel like land getting out the l6 and let him have it.

Attachments

• 20210606220038_1.jpg
    20210606220038_1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210606192616_1.jpg
    20210606192616_1.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 37
Tried an on-foot CZ for fun. But I ended up just hovering over the settlement with my missile gunboat and taking out the six-pack of enemy reinforcements everytime they drop fresh troops.

Also was at an irregular marker. Over here, blasting the footsoldiers with your missile racks are legit and gives you vouchers, but I took a potshot at the ship that brought them in and got a bounty on my butt.

Tried an on-foot CZ for fun. But I ended up just hovering over the settlement with my missile gunboat and taking out the six-pack of enemy reinforcements everytime they drop fresh troops.

Also was at an irregular marker. Over here, blasting the footsoldiers with your missile racks are legit and gives you vouchers, but I took a potshot at the ship that brought them in and got a bounty on my butt.
lol, don't shoot the delivery boy - it's that rule.

Greetings!

I departed the bubble early this morning toward the Synaisa sector in Ryker’s Hope. Presently I am 1500 LY away from the bubble and it’s only 190 jumps to complete the first 20,000 LY (it’s 31,000 to reach Synaisa). Yes, I am using the Annie and neutron jumping.

I was able to find a G2 Artemis suit in a planetary base in the bubble.

After this, it’s off to Mare Orientalis to finish mapping that area.

Regarding Odyssey, I don’t know if it’s just me or luck because I haven’t experienced any of the issues that are being mentioned in the forums that are frustrating other CMDRs like frame drops, buggy missions, and many others. Especially since I started playing it in my new rig. By the way, I got an offer to exchange it to an MSI GE 75 17.3 in laptop with 16 GB RAM, an i7 six core processor, and a 6 GB Nvidia RTX 2060 card just for 300 dollars more. I took it and should arrive this week.

My old one (the one before the MSI) was a Toshiba Satellite L50c with 16GB of RAM but with a 930m Nvidia 2GB card and an i3 processor. It could run Horizons well but I realized that it was time to get a new one for the latest games and apps. It was starting to run very slowly, the audio was going out frequently, and even the Net was getting very slow (upgrading ED was taking more than one hour. My new rig takes only 5 minutes to do the same). Now that Toshiba is a backup laptop (for everyday tasks) just in case the new rig needs to be serviced.

There are some things I do notice in Odyssey. For example, when I arrived at some Fed controlled stations, it displayed the Empire emblem when showing me the name and on the board. Another is the ability to read comms from systems I am not in-especially in Open. But as for playability and graphics, I haven’t had any issues. Even on the ground-yes, I tried it-I had no issues. So, if you are having trouble with the way Odyssey runs, check your specs and internet connection speed (mine is up to 200 Mbps).

In my first neutron boost today, I noted that the neutron star looks much bigger now. No longer a tiny white ball, but a large one.

Hopefully the new upgrades will fix the Odyssey issues. It’s a great concept but I think the developers should have waited as long as necessary to make sure the game was ready for release.

CMDR Janet

Greetings!

I departed the bubble early this morning toward the Synaisa sector in Ryker’s Hope. Presently I am 1500 LY away from the bubble and it’s only 190 jumps to complete the first 20,000 LY (it’s 31,000 to reach Synaisa). Yes, I am using the Annie and neutron jumping.

I was able to find a G2 Artemis suit in a planetary base in the bubble.

After this, it’s off to Mare Orientalis to finish mapping that area.

Regarding Odyssey, I don’t know if it’s just me or luck because I haven’t experienced any of the issues that are being mentioned in the forums that are frustrating other CMDRs like frame drops, buggy missions, and many others. Especially since I started playing it in my new rig. By the way, I got an offer to exchange it to an MSI GE 75 17.3 in laptop with 16 GB RAM, an i7 six core processor, and a 6 GB Nvidia RTX 2060 card just for 300 dollars more. I took it and should arrive this week.

My old one (the one before the MSI) was a Toshiba Satellite L50c with 16GB of RAM but with a 930m Nvidia 2GB card and an i3 processor. It could run Horizons well but I realized that it was time to get a new one for the latest games and apps. It was starting to run very slowly, the audio was going out frequently, and even the Net was getting very slow (upgrading ED was taking more than one hour. My new rig takes only 5 minutes to do the same). Now that Toshiba is a backup laptop (for everyday tasks) just in case the new rig needs to be serviced.

There are some things I do notice in Odyssey. For example, when I arrived at some Fed controlled stations, it displayed the Empire emblem when showing me the name and on the board. Another is the ability to read comms from systems I am not in-especially in Open. But as for playability and graphics, I haven’t had any issues. Even on the ground-yes, I tried it-I had no issues. So, if you are having trouble with the way Odyssey runs, check your specs and internet connection speed (mine is up to 200 Mbps).

In my first neutron boost today, I noted that the neutron star looks much bigger now. No longer a tiny white ball, but a large one.

Hopefully the new upgrades will fix the Odyssey issues. It’s a great concept but I think the developers should have waited as long as necessary to make sure the game was ready for release.

CMDR Janet
I Have the same msi laptop with the rtx 2080 mq. Reasonable fps 30-60 when in a Odyessy combat zone. Also had a similar toshiba that tanked on star citizen. So upgraded early last year.
Lots of fun now.

No spacelegs on consoles for aeons, so made do with first visit to a Distribution Centre to stock up on Datamined Wake Exceptions so I can treat my self to a double engineered FSD instead.

Kind of fallen out of love with the Cutter, and living all the time in the Krait Mk II. Would be nice to have a new ship, but not hit the Fed ranks for enough for a Vette yet. Been months since I tootled about in a new ship? What’s a Cmdr to do?

I'm getting close to having all the ingredients for my first suit engineering -- backpack capacity mod. I just need 2 more Digital Designs, but they are a bit hard to find.

This is Al-Din Terminal. The missions here have been giving me a pretty good selection of rewards, including some Digital Designs, so this is where I've been hanging out.

Screenshot_1357.jpg

Today I took my first "Steal the Power Regulator" mission because it was going to pay me 2 Digital Designs. I had a pretty good idea of what to do, and I planned to pull it off without raising alarms or killing a bunch of people.

It went really well at the beginning. I cased the base, made sure I knew where all the guards were and had them tagged on my radar, and located the power building. It required level 2 access to enter the main area, and level 3 access to get into the power room itself.

Nobody walking around outside had more than level 1 access, but I found a worker in an upstairs room that had level 2, and I was able to clone him through the window there.

Once I had level 2 access, I was able to enter the power building, being careful to not catch any attention from the guards. Once inside, I found there was a worker there with the level 3 clearance I needed. I waited until he wasn't looking and cloned him.

Now I could enter the power room itself, as long as no one saw me. I managed to slip in, and I found the alarms panel. Once the alarms were disabled I thought I was mostly in the clear. The guards wouldn't come running when I turned off the power.

But I forgot about that one worker who was still in the building with me. When I hit the off switch for the power, he came into the room blasting. I wasn't prepared mentally for this, and I panicked a bit and ran out of the building. The guards caught wind of me and it was off to the races.

I wound up a very wanted man, with a large bounty on my head for the murder of most of the base. It just kinda escalated.

I did succeed in the mission, and the Interstellar Factors were very understanding and willing to help me with my bounty situation.

Yeah, that was an exciting mission :) Next time I'll do it a bit differently, though.

Here I am trying to look cool on the concourse.

Screenshot_1359.jpg

The ground ones seem to give much more if you're fighting on foot as opposed to gunshipping for me
I have tried it on foot as well after the gunshipping, but never got more than 500k. As opposed to space combat which would easily net me 1m for the same time.

Did you keep capping and recapping the zones?

I still cannot find a single G3 primary weapon. Sigh.

Greetings!

I am now 7100 LY away from the bubble. I was able to find the first ELW for this expedition (it is 6200 LY away from the bubble) as well as some notable star phenomena. I should be arriving at the Synaisa sector (top of the galaxy) by the weekend.

Screenshot_0007.png

Screenshot_0010.png

The above notable stellar phenomena was found only 2540 LY from the bubble (previously undiscovered system).

As I mentioned yesterday, the neutron stars in Odyssey now look much bigger:

Screenshot_0013.png

The new system and galactic maps do take some time to get used to.

One of the goals is to have the first footfalls in some of the planets that mark the intergalactic border (the ones found by the pioneers years ago). I know that Beagle Point, Oevasy SG-Y d0, Magellan's Star are all taken regarding first footfalls, but the eastern part of the Sagittarius-Carina Arm region still has lots of holes to fill.

CMDR Janet

Last edited:
Did my first "Non Violent Heist" mission. I had to grab an industrial sample and get away without killing anyone.

I did great! I was able to sneakily grab level 3 access from a worker, and infiltrated the security area, where I turned off the alarms. Then I located the sample container using a terminal. It takes a couple of minutes for the thing to actually open -- it's quite tense waiting there hoping no one comes by. But since the alarms were disabled, they did not go off when I opened the container, and nobody dropped by.

Almost open:

Screenshot_1360.jpg

I got the sample and escaped without anyone being the wiser. I felt like quite the spy :)

That mission rewarded me with the rest of the Digital Designs I needed for the backpack capacity mod. So off I went to see Domino.

That gal has been doing too much of that Push she wanted. She couldn't even remember my name!

Screenshot_1362.jpg

However, she did the work okay, and my backpack is now twice the size it was. Plus, due to some strange bug (yet another one), the materials were NOT taken from me. I got a free mod, today. lol.

By the way, I verified that you cannot replace or remove a mod once it is installed. I had wondered about that.

Codger, master thief?

Screenshot_1361.jpg

Did my first "Non Violent Heist" mission. I had to grab an industrial sample and get away without killing anyone.

I did great! I was able to sneakily grab level 3 access from a worker, and infiltrated the security area, where I turned off the alarms. Then I located the sample container using a terminal. It takes a couple of minutes for the thing to actually open -- it's quite tense waiting there hoping no one comes by. But since the alarms were disabled, they did not go off when I opened the container, and nobody dropped by.

Almost open:

View attachment 237846

I got the sample and escaped without anyone being the wiser. I felt like quite the spy :)

That mission rewarded me with the rest of the Digital Designs I needed for the backpack capacity mod. So off I went to see Domino.

That gal has been doing too much of that Push she wanted. She couldn't even remember my name!

View attachment 237847

However, she did the work okay, and my backpack is now twice the size it was. Plus, due to some strange bug (yet another one), the materials were NOT taken from me. I got a free mod, today. lol.

By the way, I verified that you cannot replace or remove a mod once it is installed. I had wondered about that.

Codger, master thief?

View attachment 237849
Neat! And gratz on the free mod! However, I'm sure it will catch up to you - a bit like the taxman visiting, escape is a false sense of security :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom