Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I also have a Chief with only frags, and yes it uses ammo in the blink of an eye (and destroys the opponent in roughly the same time span). You can synthesize ammo. The mats needed are hard to mine, but at least back before Odd you could travel to the Crystalline Shards in a day and stock up on high grade raw mats, that you could then trade for ages to the "cheaper" mats you needed for the frag ammo.

Frags can be OP, and my all time favorite ship in the game became a Vulture with frags (rapid fire screening shell). The Vulture is even more agile than the Chief, which I can recommend with frags. You need to be so close that once you fire the frags, the angle they shoot into, will be covered as much as possible by the target. DPS drops extremely fast with distance, but up close they are nasty. In practice I think the frag Vulture I have is more deadly the my frag Chief, simply because the Vulture is so easy to maneuver. Also, with the Vulture you only need to synthesize ammo for two hardpoints, and not six like on the Chief.

At the extreme I also have a T-10 with all frags, called "Broadside" for a reason. It's like one of those giant fish, that wait for their prey, totally still, and then once they become currious enough to come realy close, it's all over in a single shot (small NPC ships). Great fun, and with incendiary frags it's quite a firework.
If you like frags, do the powerplay stunt with Zac Hudson (youcan go shooting his ships again afterwards...) and get yourself a bunch of Pacifiers. I'm using three of them on my Krait Mk.II (with gimballed corrosive MCs on the two medium HPs).

Corrosive on both? Seems wasteful, I only ever have one corrosive others can be overcharged and still get the benefit of the effect from the one OC's fire. Maybe I am missing something?
No you're right. One corrosive is enough, the effect doesn't stack. Moreover, it's best applied to the smallest weapon possible as both the effect and the damage penalty is percentage-based.
But on the other hand, not everybody needs to min-max things, plus it looks better when your weapon tracer colours are evenly distributed. :D

Corrosive on both? Seems wasteful, I only ever have one corrosive others can be overcharged and still get the benefit of the effect from the one OC's fire. Maybe I am missing something?
Yep, this is what i get from various threads i read, corrosive effect do not stack, so no need to have more than 1, and usually fit on the smallest available MC/Frag, leave the largest with OS/OC to do the punch.

Gonna try cannons on my Chieftain.... should be another level of fun. I have heard those class 3 cannon hit hard on PP, a few hits in it can explode a conda.
I'm planning to swap out the the class3 & 2 Frag with cannon, keeping the small frags for corrosive & drag to the poor target.

But first I have go stock up mats & data, setting course to Jameson Crash Site for the first time, then Dav's Hope.

1633271252611.png

🥳 YAY, 2 more planets.
1633271480858.png

Last edited:
Yep, this is what i get from various threads i read, corrosive effect do not stack, so no need to have more than 1, and usually fit on the smallest available MC/Frag, leave the largest with OS/OC to do the punch.

Gonna try cannons on my Chieftain.... should be another level of fun. I have heard those class 3 cannon hit hard on PP, a few hits in it can explode a conda.
I'm planning to swap out the the class3 & 2 Frag with cannon, keeping the small frags for corrosive & drag to the poor target.

But first I have go stock up mats & data, setting course to Jameson Crash Site for the first time, then Dav's Hope.
Cannons can be extremely frustrating due to their low rate of fire and slow projectile speed.

Not sure any more, but I think either both corrosive (for symmetry and better coverage) or one corrosive and one emissive.
Compared to what the three pacifiers on top dish out, the damage from the MCs is negligible against larger targets. And for small targets where I actually need the gimbals, they're good enough. NPCs rarely come with Deadly (or better) Sideys or Eagles.

Noob question: Dav's hope have encoded data to farm also?

I don't think I could stand with the boredom of farming Jameson Crash Site for more than 20 relogs tonight.... I need to move on to Dav's hope

I can see at Dav's hope, I can drive around to collect things.... at Jameson....just sit'in there scan & relog........ meh o_O

At Dav's, encoded can be got from the data point at the "gateway" at one end. Also, npc ships that fly around although less likely of a result

Last edited:
Noob question: Dav's hope have encoded data to farm also?

I don't think I could stand with the boredom of farming Jameson Crash Site for more than 20 relogs tonight.... I need to move on to Dav's hope

I can see at Dav's hope, I can drive around to collect things.... at Jameson....just sit'in there scan & relog........ meh o_O

There is never any rare encoded from the periscope at Dav's Hope - if you are lucky you can get 3 middling things, sometimes only one.

You can farm AEC and AEA at the Bug Killer anaconda crash site. 3 comms beacons spread about as well as 3 cargo racks so you can farm the same data as at Jameson's and top-up on 3 G4 raws (Antimony, Ruthenium and Tellurium) as you drive around whilst being entertained by a certain "visitor".

Jameson's crash site also has rare encoded.

Digital designs! Come on, Odyssey: give me some!
The... uh.. un-transparency of some new mats is really bad.
DDs are one of those that, to my experience, are only obtainable as a mission reward. I don't think I've ever seen one in the wild.
Dunno if it's by design or they have a borked spawn chance as a lootable and oveblown spawn chance in the mission reward pool at the same time.

giphy.gif

The... uh.. un-transparency of some new mats is really bad.
DDs are one of those that, to my experience, are only obtainable as a mission reward. I don't think I've ever seen one in the wild.
Dunno if it's by design or they have a borked spawn chance as a lootable and oveblown spawn chance in the mission reward pool at the same time.
I got a couple from random downloads. But mostly I got them from missions. They turn up from time to time. It's random.

Back
Top Bottom