What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

@KönigDerKaffeebohnen You're reminding me that I once started the project of rebuilding the Zoom Erlebniswelt (my favorite zoo as well!) My building skills were abysmal back then, so out of frustration over not being able to make anything look like it's supposed to I gave up on the project, but maybe I'll give it another chance one day.

What's everyone else doing? Are you preparing new areas of your zoos or holding off? Or just playing we have been, with whatever suits you for that play session?
Thankfully, I've been waiting to start my North American area just long enough so I can now dive head-first into a humongous NA trail with (almost) all the respective animals that are available in the game. 🥳 I'll probably start the section with a Sea Lion habitat, before dividing it into three different areas: a swampland/creek area with American Alligators, Beavers, Grizzly Bears and the Moose; a deserts/plains area with Bisons & Pronghorns, Prairie Dogs and the Cougar; and an Arctic Area (possibly inspired by the Eismeer in Tierpark Hagenbeck in Hamburg) with Polar Bears, Arctic Wolves, Arctic Foxes and Dall Sheep, maybe even also the Grey Seals.
I'm starting the Sea Lion habitat at the moment and putting some seals in for the time being until we can get our real stars in just a few more days.

Great to hear all the things going on! This is not from today but last night, my Jamestown Zoo is already looking less unbalanced, and I'll have over a week to work on terrain and natural scenery for the four animals I plan to put in this side of the zoo. I'm actually thinking I'll put the arctic fox on the right side with some more colder weather animals, and to balance that out, I'll build into South America a bit below the "under construction" North America area.

20210923221403_1.jpg
20210923221958_1.jpg

I've been preparing Port Royal Zoo for the new pack. Although the zoo was practically finished, I've been destroying some walls and I'll be able to include two new habitat animals and the exhibit from the new pack.

I paper crafted the whole day (christmas card season has begun), so jumped into PZ just for half an hour or so. Since a lot of the upcomming species are perfect for my low budget zoo Murmeldorf, I hopped into that again to see what kind of fine tuning can still be made and if I'm "feeling" the zoo at the moment. And boy, I do!

It feels good to think about working in that project again, without ONLY being dependend on mods or "wannabe animals" (I still use the SEA pigs as wild boars and Binturongs as racoons, though ;))

Maybe I play PZ a few hours tomorrow (or today, looking at the time) :) (Sometimes I wish I either wouldn't have to work during the week or have less hobbies :D )

I prepared Wiesenthal for the new DLC.

I started with the prairie dog enclosure. At first I wanted to make an enclosure for beavers there, but then the space felt a bit small to me. I thought this time I could maybe make a viewing platform, I think that would be really cool, even in real life, if you could look at the little from above. In addition, I opted for a viewing gallery and "holes" in the fence. I think that gives a really cool setup. (I still have to fill the gaps between the arctic wolf, prairie dog enclosure and the restaurant)

20210925213848_1.jpg
20210925213912_1.jpg
20210925213930_1.jpg
20210925214008_1.jpg

Next, I prepared the area for moose and beaver, there is actually not that much to see, but it was still a lot of work. Since my eyes closed with tiredness yesterday, I stopped playing, but I'll do a little more today.
(Was already good at the polling office today to vote - an important day for Germany today)

20210925214026_1.jpg
20210925214107_1.jpg

And - as always.
20210925214221_1.jpg

I prepared Wiesenthal for the new DLC.

I started with the prairie dog enclosure. At first I wanted to make an enclosure for beavers there, but then the space felt a bit small to me. I thought this time I could maybe make a viewing platform, I think that would be really cool, even in real life, if you could look at the little from above. In addition, I opted for a viewing gallery and "holes" in the fence. I think that gives a really cool setup. (I still have to fill the gaps between the arctic wolf, prairie dog enclosure and the restaurant)

Next, I prepared the area for moose and beaver, there is actually not that much to see, but it was still a lot of work. Since my eyes closed with tiredness yesterday, I stopped playing, but I'll do a little more today.
(Was already good at the polling office today to vote - an important day for Germany today)

And - as always.
View attachment 264919
God i love that vieving platform, really cool use of the rope pieces! I also adore the bamboo ceiling i find them really tough to make as it is, but those little nudges where its a little bit extra looks so good and is soo extra, i love it. Absolutly something you didnt need to do, but is amazing

I also put out a little bit of work today.
Besides scratching my head about how and where to incorporate the new 5 animals that i added to the list (cali sealion, japanese macace, prariedog, american aligator and my pick the beaver), also did some work on the second pangolin enclosure. It isnt finished yet, but its nicly taking shape.
pretty view 2.jpeg

I also made this picture, just because i think it looked really pretty. The zoo is coming together nicly and i cant wait to have it expand further upwards. Only problem is, that i dont really have settled on a layout yet, which is why its quite hard to build such stuff when i dont even know if i really want the habitat borders to be like they are. Thats also why i think im gonna step back from the mainplaza and circle around back to the tropical house (even though i kinda dont wanna, i allready spend so much time their) because i got a clear direction what to do there, finishing the already to all sides enclosed pangolin enclosure, finishing up the giraffes and adding the outdoor habitat for the komododragons, as well as aardvarks and maybe the beaver. When thats done, hopefully i will have a clearer idear how to do the other side of the zoo.
pretty view.jpeg

Besides scratching my head about how and where to incorporate the new 5 animals that i added to the list (cali sealion, japanese macace, prariedog, american aligator and my pick the beaver)
If you also add the Moose, you could make a nice Swamp Area with them, the Alligator and the Beaver

I know, that Sealion only lives in America but you could use it like a Replacement for the extinct Japanese Sealion. This Way you could make a Water Area, surrounded by Rock Formations with a fenced off Area for the Japanese Macaques (unless it turns out that Sealions and Macaques can be kept together)

If you also add the Moose, you could make a nice Swamp Area with them, the Alligator and the Beaver

I know, that Sealion only lives in America but you could use it like a Replacement for the extinct Japanese Sealion. This Way you could make a Water Area, surrounded by Rock Formations with a fenced off Area for the Japanese Macaques (unless it turns out that Sealions and Macaques can be kept together)
Maybe, i already got plans for the prariedogs and the beaver, im simply waiting for the pack to be released to continue the builds when i know more. Thought about making something like a little swamp house, where there is an indoor viewing for the aligators and some exhibits/fake exhibits as they are more fun to build.The only problem is, i dont know how to arrange all of it.
But hopefully some of the questions will be answerd when the beavers, komododragons and anteaters have been build

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I kind of stopped playing right after the Africa DLC, as I usually do in summertime. So it will take me a while to catch up on the forums! However, the new update announcement made me think of an idea I had like a year ago, and the new animals fit perfectly, at least some of them. I wanted to try a Norwegian landscape zoo and I MIGHT achieve that with the new mapping function. So I spent my sunday trying to start a map, already considering the terrain. This is the draft so far:

1632671813842.png

The idea is to create a fjord and mountain landscape and some important landmarks from Norway. I guess I will mess up big time with the new .tif map thing, I have no idea how to really scale that. But at least I will have a plan for the habitats, once this is finished. (The white layer is not going to be part of the terrain map, just an outline.) Wish me luck :D

I know I'm going to be using the North American animals in several zoos, but I also like to create a zoo specifically for each continent and only it's species. I began work on my North American dedicated one last night, just for the entrance area, will be neat to see where this goes. I really debated waiting until we got the new terrain map tools but decided to just go for it.

20210925231059_1.jpg
20210925231052_1.jpg
20210925231111_1.jpg

Top Bottom