What happened to the FSS ?

This is a regression to a previous problem, one they had immedaitely after releasing the FSS.

I mean, the not being focussed on the right place after zooming back out part.

The massively over exposed thing is new (to me)

These kinds of regression bugs happen almost every time they do a "fix patch" after an update.

It's almost like they fix some bugs by rolling back to a previous version...

I have noticed that the throttle levels after a jump have regressed to previous states (zero throttle, full throttle, or not being able to change it) at least a few times after updates so far, though not this time around that I've noticed. So yeah, it's a thing sometimes. Oh well, as long as it gets sorted sooner or later.

You can always choose to not update if your game is not online.
When you own a "retro" gaming rig for each decade starting from the early '90s and Steam stops "supporting" Windows XP for your early 2000s rig, even though you bought several games from them for that specific use on that platform that are old and run on it fine otherwise as intended... 👎

Yeah, software as a "service" (for the whims and profitability of the vendors) sucks, but it is what it is, and not meaning to derail the thread further.

Cheers.

This and the other oddity that I just encountered that was already documented at the end of April (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/840 ). Unsure why I just happened on both of these issues just today. Seems the FSS positioning issue just started May 2nd according to the Bug Tracker (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1461). So maybe the whole FSS is slowing decomposing or something, or maybe.....just....maybe.... it's Thargoids? Or better yet, a new alien race that's come to screw us over using a new FSS scrambler on us or something so we can't detect them?

This and the other oddity that I just encountered that was already documented at the end of April (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/840 ). Unsure why I just happened on both of these issues just today. Seems the FSS positioning issue just started May 2nd according to the Bug Tracker (https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1461). So maybe the whole FSS is slowing decomposing or something, or maybe.....just....maybe.... it's Thargoids? Or better yet, a new alien race that's come to screw us over using a new FSS scrambler on us or something so we can't detect them?

It's a stress-test for the new bug reporting tool.
Everything is going exactly as planned.

It's a stress-test for the new bug reporting tool.
Everything is going exactly as planned.
They succeeded then. Took me about 8 mins to finally figure out why I couldn't see the stupid "Post New Thread" button in the Bug forum. That's why I get for ignoring the instruction at the top of the Bug Forum Page...

Mine's doing the same thing and when trying to zoom in on a position where there are 2 or more planets close together, the entire FSS screen flips 90 degrees and all the info is no longer visible. When zooming back out I just get a yellow screen until I cancel FSS completely.
Experienced this for the first time today on distant (260kLs system). Solution: flew off-plane about 50kLs & system eventually resolved correctly.

After this new Patch, my FSS is acting up badly.

• instead of maintaining the exact zoomed vector after zooming In & back out from an FSS scan, it "auto-centers' on next nearest Parent/Higher Gravity Well (?)
  • zooming in gives 1-2sec of severely discolored FSS display
Working a Gas Giant and its moons is currently rather disorienting. After zooming out, the FSS vector isn't where it's supposed to be but often somewhere else.
Same with a distant B, C, D Sun etc, the FSS almost permanently has to be manually re-positioned with upto 2 zooms back out in order to re-target the correct body :p

Am I alone with that weird issue ?
It has been like that in beta for Q4 and was absolutely annoying back then, as it is now. I was so glad they changed it, but it seems to be back...
Make it go away please... Mapping out a 50+ body system when out exploring is an absolute pain that way.

Yep, getting the really awful UI skewing and the odd recenter issue here too. Issue raised early on, and voted on the one that seems to be confirmed. Since i'm out exploring, it really hurts to have to fly within 150k of a 300k LS star just to scan a planet. Feels.. like... old.... times...

Yep, getting the really awful UI skewing and the odd recenter issue here too. Issue raised early on, and voted on the one that seems to be confirmed. Since i'm out exploring, it really hurts to have to fly within 150k of a 300k LS star just to scan a planet. Feels.. like... old.... times...

Hmmm... fly 150000 ls to scan planet, I used to love that bit of commitment to earn the credits instead of sitting waving my butt at pirates for 5 minutes while I played whack-a-duck!

Hmmm... fly 150000 ls to scan planet, I used to love that bit of commitment to earn the credits instead of sitting waving my butt at pirates for 5 minutes while I played whack-a-duck!

I know; that bit I don't mind - I still did it 3 times yesterday - but the mechanic is broken, so I'm moaning ;)

Yeah, it's busted Willisit, but they'll no doubt fix it long before I move the 25,000ly back to the bubble where I'll find other problems... you see my motivation has taken a massive hit and the bugs ain't helping me spend time in game.

Yeah, it's busted Willisit, but they'll no doubt fix it long before I move the 25,000ly back to the bubble where I'll find other problems... you see my motivation has taken a massive hit and the bugs ain't helping me spend time in game.

I'm 22k out myself, which has kept the bugs at bay. I'm having the same conversation with a friend that says he can no longer be bothered to log in because if it isn't bugs, it's gameplay via the forums (my words). It's a sorry state really; I don't know why it's happening, but the game IS getting worse.
I'm not quite at quiting point... yet.

I'm 22k out myself, which has kept the bugs at bay. I'm having the same conversation with a friend that says he can no longer be bothered to log in because if it isn't bugs, it's gameplay via the forums (my words). It's a sorry state really; I don't know why it's happening, but the game IS getting worse.
I'm not quite at quiting point... yet.

I think that being angry and quitting is showing the devs where they are going wrong, the bigger problem is apathy, where you just don't care enough anymore... when you just can't really be bothered with it, that is so much harder to fix.

I was getting used to the FSS (still not sure if I prefer it over the previous style of exploration scanning), and I KNOW I preferred the zoom in/zoom out to be at the same point, rather then re-centering on the nearest 'Primary' object. If I am 'looking' at a pair of moons orbiting a gas giant I DON'T want to find, after scanning one and zooming out, I am back at that gas giant.

I do understand why FDev are working to improve things and, generally speaking, they are doing a good job. However, sometimes things don't need to be changed, as they are working well enough.

I was getting used to the FSS (still not sure if I prefer it over the previous style of exploration scanning), and I KNOW I preferred the zoom in/zoom out to be at the same point, rather then re-centering on the nearest 'Primary' object. If I am 'looking' at a pair of moons orbiting a gas giant I DON'T want to find, after scanning one and zooming out, I am back at that gas giant.

I do understand why FDev are working to improve things and, generally speaking, they are doing a good job. However, sometimes things don't need to be changed, as they are working well enough.

Yeah, I mean, they originally released it like this by design, during the beta, and I can see what the idea was, in some cases, it's actually a lot faster to use it this way, as if you need to go to several things on opposigin sides of the central thing, this moves you back to the centre, meaning you don't need to move across the central object again, however, it's not intuitive, and that trumps the speed thing here.

Anyway, this isn't them improving something, this is them creating a regression error when they rolled back some element of the code.

They really need to finally fix the FSS, it has been broken since release in more than one way, either the scanning for geological POI that takes forever, or zooming. etc. I blame the buggy upüdates and FDEV for losing interest in DW2 and being stuck somewhere between SagA and BP, and if they're not fixing their game soon, that probably was it for me and exploring on DW2.

Top Bottom