What is FDEV doing and what happened to Brabens dreams?

I have a theory that just like a black hole sucks light & matter in and a hypothetical white hole spews light & matter out, that like wise this forum and by proxy yourself hazzez all stuff in and therefore somewhere hypothetically a 'white' forum exists where stuff is gizzed and users just gizz there stuff out all the time.
Reading gizz I keep pronouncing that like its a j. I'm staying away from that forum and it's spew

I'll never understand this mentality.

I don't believe that I've ever run afoul of C&P without clearly breaking some law. There are plenty of paths for non-criminals to play and progress through the game. Half the time, I play a non-criminal. When I want to play a criminal, I play a criminal.

never have I been in the position where I was "surprised" by my criminal or non-criminal status.
OK, how is it even if I kill someone with no witnesses and is never scanned, I get a bounty? Who is 'seeing' me kill someone?

How is it, murder is the most punished part of the game and yet BGS wise is rewarded the least (while easy exploits remain?) Why is it things like Archons R5 bonus is so borked in this regard five years in?

Why is it now that apparently your ships are impounded regardless of where they are, even anarchies and FCs?

Why is it piracy is pretty much dead?

Why is C+P so reactive, brain dead and predictable?

If I'm a criminal, why am I still given cargo missions? Surely someone would see I'm not trustworthy, but instead offer me things more in tune with my MO?

I love Elite and I have been a part of this Universe since the original Beta. I don´t want to see Elite die but if Odyssey fails, FDEV will likely abandon Elite and right now Odyssey is failing.

I think if Frontier were going to abandon Elite it would've happened by now tbh.

Deleted member 115407

D
Why is it piracy is pretty much dead?
Never was dead.

Yeah, I get it... the half-wits who belong to whatever the pirate faction is up around Lave were like "Whys cantz I piriks in da lawful spaces anymore!? Piriks is deadz!"

Because the limits of their imagination was... get this, it's golden... that they, as pirates, would go to lawful systems, sit in supercruise, and then rob and extort people free of repercussions.

They never thought.... never stretched their noodles around the idea that they could.... gee, I dunno... plot a course from likely source systems to the target system, wait in the nearest Anarchy, and just pirate to their hearts' content without ever running afoul of the law.

They never thought of that, because just like the explorers and everyone else, the player base in this game are the smartest, most cleverest people who ever existed. Ever.

I have a theory that just like a black hole sucks light & matter in and a hypothetical white hole spews light & matter out, that like wise this forum and by proxy yourself hazzez all stuff in and therefore somewhere hypothetically a 'white' forum exists where stuff is gizzed and users just gizz there stuff out all the time.

I'm struggling to reply as I have the same issue Mick has about the word gizz...!

That aside though, I do like your theory of circular physics, and the newly discovered hazzing paradox. The Hazzing Paradox is much like the circle of life, or the Hakuna Matata syndrome, from the famous naturalist documentary, the Lion King.

Ergo, if you agree, I propose we name this new theoretical physics discovery of yours as, Hazuna Mastuphsa Syndrome? I value your input Professor Fennster, and that of Pr. Mick as well - if nothing more than to keep a light side to the otherwise angry forums?!

We shall have to consider the temporal resolution of the stuphs that have already been hazzed though, as they are currently in my garage. It is possible that I am able to transcend dimensions, when I go into the Hazzed Garage, but until now I hadn't noticed. I shall try to order a pizza from within the Hazzed Garage tomorrow to see if it is indeed in a different dimension of space-time.

(I'd like to call it the gizzing paradox but things won't end well with this).

Edit - for clarity, it is more of an old shed than a garage.

Never was dead.

Yeah, I get it... the half-wits who belong to whatever the pirate faction is up around Lave were like "Whys cantz I piriks in da lawful spaces anymore!? Piriks is deadz!"

Because the limits of their imagination was... get this, it's golden... that they, as pirates, would go to lawful systems, sit in supercruise, and then rob and extort people free of repercussions.

They never thought.... never stretched their noodles around the idea that they could.... gee, I dunno... plot a course from likely source systems to the target system, wait in the nearest Anarchy, and just pirate to their hearts' content without ever running afoul of the law.

They never thought of that, because just like the explorers and everyone else, the player base in this game are the smartest, most cleverest people who ever existed. Ever.
Faction gov type does not matter, nor does notoriety to a pirate. Unless you are LTD pirating which gets dull incredibly quickly, what about megaship piracy? Or quantities in other ships to make it worthwhile? Why can;t I used stolen tritium as fuel for an FC? It took FD two years to fix CGs based on stolen goods, and still BMs pay incredibly poorly.

Faction gov type does not matter, nor does notoriety to a pirate. Unless you are LTD pirating which gets dull incredibly quickly, what about megaship piracy? Or quantities in other ships to make it worthwhile? Why can;t I used stolen tritium as fuel for an FC? It took FD two years to fix CGs based on stolen goods, and still BMs pay incredibly poorly.

More importantly, what do you think of when you read gizzing?

Deleted member 115407

D
Yeah, sorry. When I read the piracy thing it literally triggered me and brought me back to the C&P revamp.

I concur that Frontier are pants when it comes to enabling criminal gameplay.

Apologies for my tone.

I remeber some of the DEVS and many Elite Dangerous Content Creators saying that the "Alpha" was just a tiny slice of Odyssey in it´s entirety.
I heard the exact opposite. I remember ObsidianAnt taking pains to constantly say that the developers had indicated that there were minor features not in Alpha, but that the Alpha had pretty much every that would be in the release version. That's pretty much the exact opposite of saying that Alpha was just a tiny slice.

I heard the exact opposite. I remember ObsidianAnt taking pains to constantly say that the developers had indicated that there were minor features not in Alpha, but that the Alpha had pretty much every that would be in the release version. That's pretty much the exact opposite of saying that Alpha was just a tiny slice.
  • Only a small subset of the content being seen/tested, the alpha isn't the full game present even now
  • Alpha build was branched from the main development trunk roughly two weeks prior to Alpha starting.
  • The content that's been injected into the alpha has been specifically selected for things they want to try
  • The main trunk has a lot of churn, been receiving 1000s and 1000s of fixes since, ready for release.
  • Trunk and branch have diverged quite dramatically
  • Trunk has the much wider range of content in it, named/shown examples being weapons, settlements, planetary tech
Also
  • Optimisation being done: some occlusion systems weren't in place for the branched alpha, to avoid pop-in
  • Will see performance improvements when Odyssey releases

Source (official Fdev one) :
Script
Video

Seems to me that one was probably talking about mechanics. The other one was probably talking about assets.

As an example, there’s supposed to be a load more settlement types in the release than the Alpha. I would think however, that there as a minimal (or zero) extra amount of mechanics associated with all those other settlement types.

Many story related assets won’t be immediately in play either. (Or at least I would seriously hope they’re not.)

Top Bottom